| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead (TV)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:45 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Whoever predicted Lori was pregnant really called it. Hats off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:32 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

My sentiments have pretty much been summarized by everyone else.

Daryl is AWESOME. The missing girl plotline is obnoxious. Pregnancy test outside was ridiculous.

I'm still thoroughly enjoying the show though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:53 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Son of Seitan wrote:
I wonder if the first couple episodes will look good, then suddenly go to shiitake like the comics...

Defend/elaborate please.

When exactly does the comic go to shiitake? Cuz I've read up till trade #12 and I'm still waiting for that to happen.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:58 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Nebraskalaska wrote:
Charmkinface wrote:
Do the wholesome farm folk seem to have some kind of a secret as to why no walkers never, ever hoard down upon the farm? Maybe they have a human chained up on the far, outskirts to feed the zombies? Something strange is up - I can feel it!

Indeed! I mean, maybe it helps that they're far from main roads and the town...but still.

Did you notice that there have been several shots of Hershel's barn, but nobody's actually gone into the barn?

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:08 am 
protein lump

IsaChandra wrote:
And why couldn't she take her pregnancy test in the forking bathroom? My boyfriend thought she was going into the woods to give herself an abortion. Again, another awesome plotline that they missed out on!

i thought she was going out there for an abortion, too. didn't she take a knife with her or something?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:14 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Nick wrote:
The missing girl plotline is obnoxious.

I thought it worked...........for the first episode, it has just been stretched past the point where it is interesting IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:17 am 
Bathes in Braggs

IsaChandra wrote:
And why couldn't she take her pregnancy test in the forking bathroom? My boyfriend thought she was going into the woods to give herself an abortion. Again, another awesome plotline that they missed out on!

Why did Glen and the farm woman have to have sex on the filthy, hard floor of abandoned drugstore where a zombie mob could have assaulted them at any moment? It isn't like there is a shortage of empty rooms.

I wonder if as long as they are rummaging through a pharmacy at free will if Lori could have just asked Glen to bring back a morning after pill while he was there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:24 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Charmkinface wrote:
Let's face the harsh reality - Otis was living on borrowed time unless he started a serious Hollywood trainer "300" style workout regimen.

I keep thinking of that line from Zombie Land, how important cardio is in post zombie apocalypse.

What I am wondering is, why was he hunting deer if they have several cattle right on their farm?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:25 am 
Bathes in Braggs

esme wrote:
i moved your spoiler tag up a little bit and added one to the last post because, while the show doesn't seem to be following the comics very closely, if they decide to start, there's spoilers in there.

I watch it the day after it "airs". I've gotten in the habit of avoiding threads about TWD until I have seen the episode :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Charmkinface wrote:
Do the wholesome farm folk seem to have some kind of a secret as to why no walkers never, ever hoard down upon the farm?

Seriously

- the are within walking distance of the highway
- they are the edge of the forest where a number of walkers and dead campers were found
- they are the edge of the forest where the automatic church bell was going off, which should have acted like a zombie beacon
- they are down the road from the high school packed with zombies
- they aren't afraid to go hunting in the aforementioned forest -OR- shoot guns, the noise of which attracts zombies

- the vet has reasons he wants them to leave that he can't talk about ( like what? who wouldn't want more people in that situation? They have food and the room )

- the vet asked them to turn over their guns.......in a place that should be zombie central with all of the other factors. Maybe he collected their guns to prevent Rick's crew from shooting them once they find out what the secret is.

- they had a zombie living in their well long enough to get water logged. A well they use regularly to provide water for the cattle and they never noticed it there or heard it fall in? They seem to spend most of their time on the land.

Last edited by beforewisdom on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:35 am 
Bathes in Braggs

ctate wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:
For Frodo. I think if a group of survivors could just get big enough and temporarily safe enough to do some labor/resource gathering they could greatly increase their safety.

The could build a tower in the opposite direction of a settlement ( perhaps a small island surrounded by deep water ). On top of that tower they could put a stereo powered by a small windmill or solar panel. Around that tower they dig a 12 ft trench and fill it with oil. The noise from the stereo attracts herds of zombies to walk away from their settlement and into the pit, which they periodically set on fire to gradually burn away the zombie population in the area.

It would be stinky!

If the farm family was smart they would ask Rick's crew to stay on and help them build a deep trench around the farm. Then they would only have to guard the road. Any zombies coming in from the forest would just fall into the trench the way that zombie fell into the well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:52 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

degausser wrote:
I was hoping that hillbetty would throw Glenn a bone. No time for romance, though. Especially now that Shane is going all Travis Bickle.

I Kobe'd that shiitake. Was just a week early.

Lori is
Spoiler: show
pregnant
with
Shane
's
baby
, right? Only way it would be worth the added convolution to the plot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:32 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Whoever said the farm might have zombie forms of people they knew that they keep like pets, that zombie in the well may have been a friend of theirs which is why farm girl was all "zomg! dead zombie :(" with the Baron Harkonen zombie. But yeah, that water logged zombie was the best part.

God, Lori is so goddam dumb. I went on a whole rant to my boyfriend last week about why are these dumbpants people having unprotected sex in zombie times. I don't remember if I already ranted in this thread, but why do you want to chance being preggs and having a baby during a zombie apocalypse?!

And that actress always has the same stupid face on her stupid face.

And I also don't get why the hell she went in the field to pee on the stick. Dumb.

Formerly rad.badger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:07 am 
Bathes in Braggs

frozenveggies wrote:
Whoever said the farm might have zombie forms of people they knew that they keep like pets, that zombie in the well may have been a friend of theirs which is why farm girl was all "zomg! dead zombie :(" with the Baron Harkonen zombie. But yeah, that water logged zombie was the best part.

I wrote that and I think your idea makes sense. The farm girl has survived this long, so she had to have killed zombies or seen them killed. The farm people also spend most of their time on the land and as she said, the used that well to get water fro their cattle. I can't see how they didn't notice the zombie before.

Quote:
I don't remember if I already ranted in this thread, but why do you want to chance being preggs and having a baby during a zombie apocalypse?!

I think you have to put yourself in the mindset and time frame of the characters. It has been a shorter amount of time for them. To them, the world went to hell about two months ago, they have been literally on the run for their lives, with only a few calm moments. I can see otherwise responsible people not thinking about birth control under that kind of duress, let alone having easy access to it with every trip to a store being a huge risk.

An interesting plot twist would be if it is revealed that the baby is Shane's.

Quote:
And I also don't get why the hell she went in the field to pee on the stick. Dumb.

Yah, I don't get why Glen and the farm girl had to have sex on a filthy floor in an abandoned drugstore that could have become zombie central. Lots of abandoned rooms. Glen could have been less of a dork during that conversation and the farm girl could have been less clinical and cold.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:40 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Peeing on the stick outside was so DUMB! There's privacy in a closed bathroom! I don't get the knife thing though. They drew attention to it then all she did was jab it in a tree stump. I thought for a moment maybe she was going to knife herself, but that would have been dumb too.

Glen was dumb to think she never seen a zombie or killed one before. When they first met her she rode up to their camp on her horse and saved what's-her-blonde-face from a walker with a bat.

Call me a bad person, but I would have totally given up on that little girl by now. But, I mean, I guess they need to stick around while the little boy heals so I guess it makes sense to make the most of their time there by looking for her. I felt like Daryl was close at that house where it looked like someone was sleeping in a closet and eating sardines.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:55 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

degausser wrote:

Lori is
pregnant
with
Shane
's
baby
, right? Only way it would be worth the added convolution to the plot.

I think it has to be. When you look at the actual timeline, Rick has only been with them for a couple weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:36 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I have a feeling that the reason they're keeping the zombie pets (if that's the case) is that the old guy believes that they will come back to normal. That's why he was all talking about faith so much.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:01 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Carl looks like Carol. It bugs me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:22 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

IsaChandra wrote:
I have a feeling that the reason they're keeping the zombie pets (if that's the case) is that the old guy believes that they will come back to normal. That's why he was all talking about faith so much.

Wasn't he talking about a cure during one of his deep moments porch scenes with Rick?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:35 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

mel c wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:

Wasn't he talking about a cure during one of his deep moments porch scenes with Rick?

Eh, not really. Herschel Greene ( the old guy veterinarian who operated on Carl ) only expressed optimism at the fact that serious plagues have come and gone, but there are always a few people who are naturally immune and the human race always recovers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:38 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

deleted

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:43 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Now that Isa's husband opened the can of worms I can admit when Mrs.Grimes went out to the log with the hunting knife I said (somewhat hopefully) to my husband: "Is she gonna give herself a backwoods abortion?! Is she going to commit suicide?!". It was a cry of desperation for some/any action on my part besides the preggers test which we've all known about since, like, episode 3. That hunting knife was nothing but a tease. Anyway, since when does Mrs.Grimes know how to use a weapon or do anything useful?

I was thinking the same about the wholesome farm folk keeping the walker people as pets "Fido" style. Billy Connolly guest appearance anyone? Boondock Saints reunion in walker world!

"Flowers in the Attic" plotline? Genius. YES, please. That book traumatized me as a teenager - zombies could only make it better.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:51 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

beforewisdom wrote:
mel c wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:

Eh, not really. Herschel Greene ( the old guy veterinarian who operated on Carl ) only expressed optimism at the fact that serious plagues have come and gone, but there are always a few people who are naturally immune and the human race always recovers.

pretty sure he did say cure.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:22 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

He did, but that Rick then told him about the CDC and then Herchel said humanity bounced backed from plauges before. He was hoping for someone to come through with something, not that he had one in the barn ( pray-away-the-zombie )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

beforewisdom wrote:
He did, but that Rick then told him about the CDC and then Herchel said humanity bounced backed from plauges before. He was hoping for someone to come through with something, not that he had one in the barn ( pray-away-the-zombie )

I didn't say that he had a cure, just that he talked about a cure. Not, like, his cure. A cure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 33  Next