| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:49 pm 
Chard Martyr

Agreed. I am over Ryan. I just don't think she's doing well, but I think some of it has to do with her self-confidence at this point. I think it's shot. If they keep going like they've been, Ricky will go home, too. But I really think that Sasha's partner (he's so forgettable that i've forgotten his name, I feel bad... Alex?) should go home. He's underwhelming.

Jess is kinda growing on me. I think he's becoming less cheesy and more grown up? Kind of like Kent from last season did.

And YAY all-stars!! But SADFACE Melanie and Marko break up. I'm only be consoled by the fact that Melanie might dance a kickass contemporary routine with Robert... magic.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:21 pm 
Chard Martyr

Excellent! So excited to see Twitch, Allison (is she the one who did the awesome routine with Robert last season?) and Robert!! Soooo sad about Alex! That is awful. He would have been so exciting as an all star as opposed to a contestant! I would have loved to see him dance more of his genre.

Not sad about the eliminations.

Oh gosh, yes, remember this one?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah, Ryan had lost it, and it was time to go. I wasn't that impressed with any of the girl solos. I don't know anything about dance, but I didn't think Alexander's solo was that horrible? I'm neutral about him, but I didn't expect that critique of his solo. I didn't even really notice Ricky's...it seemed similar to his others. I thought Mitchell had the best solo, and I don't really like him much.

I really liked that one judge guy!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:38 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

i called ryan and alexander leaving before they ever did their solos, not because i'm a genius, but because it's the last episode before the top ten, they are going to be split up this week ANYWAY, so it's time to separate the wheat from the chaff. ryan doesn't connect well with audiences (clearly!) and alexander has been riding sasha's coattails and that would have been apparent as soon as he was paired with someone else, so.

i'm fine with the top 10, even though jess's facial expressions still hurt me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Yeah, I was thinking it was the end for those two as well. It's a shame, because I really liked Ryan in the beginning - I don't know what happened there.

I hope the next one out is Jordan. I'm sick of seeing her continuously stick her leg up in the air every. single. time. she dances. Go join the Pussycat Dolls and leave my tv screen.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:33 am 

zelavie wrote:
I hope the next one out is Jordan. I'm sick of seeing her continuously stick her leg up in the air every. single. time. she dances. Go join the Pussycat Dolls and leave my tv screen.

she doesn't just do it once or twice, either -- that one solo, she did it FOUR TIMES! i mean, come on, girl. if i were on that show, i would spend every thursday practicing my solo over and over again and i would not repeat the same move twice, let alone four times!

allychristine wrote:

from modern family? me, too! i wish he were a regular. i think he pays more attention to the show than mary does.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:24 am 
Chard Martyr

zelavie wrote:
Go join the Pussycat Dolls and leave my tv screen.
Hahaha. Robin Antin wanted her from day one auditions anyway.

Yeah! The Modern Family judge was great. I like the judges who are super fans of the show.
Which.... has been pretty much all of them except for Carmen... what on earth were they thinking when they booked her?!

I didn't even watch their solos. I just knew that once I saw who was in the bottom, those two were history... or the judges were/are blind and stupid.

Can't wait to see the pairings and dances tonight!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:40 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

joanna wrote:

allychristine wrote:

from modern family? me, too! i wish he were a regular. i think he pays more attention to the show than mary does.

Yeah! I want him to be a regular, too.

I also really disliked Jesse in the beginning (annoying), but he's grown on me a bit. But yes. Stop making the crazy faces!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

neil patrick harris is judging tonight! squee!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:25 pm 
Chard Martyr

bluedawg wrote:
neil patrick harris is judging tonight! squee!
YESSS! I just saw that and came to post about it.
Modern Family judge, as much as I loved you, NPH miiiight out-judge you!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:46 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

So excited about the all-stars!! I looooved Robert. I really wish they would bring back Joshua though. He is my all time favorite, but he seemed to drop off the face of the earth after he won.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:54 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

You guys remember this number from last season...Billy and Ade to Mad World?? So so so so good. I couldn't believe he got voted really shortly after that one.

I hope they pull out some good ones like it now that the all-stars are back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BePGx_KjvmM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:03 pm 
Chard Martyr

sunnybear wrote:
You guys remember this number from last season..
That was such a good one! I enjoyed it a lot.

I'm excited for the all-stars. I feel like this group of dancers is already really good and passionate about dancing and connect with the pieces and all of that (things the judges told the dancers last season that they had to work on), so I'm interested and excited to see how the competitors get on with the all-stars.

Also, more Nappytabs, please! Also, still so sad about Alex.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:50 am 

Loved NPH! He was surprisingly critique-y and I was impressed that he knew a lot about the dancers and dances. I really liked the dance to Precious Things, very powerful. and i loved the sasha/twitch number too--she was always really good but i thought she was even better dancing with twitch!

i have really enjoyed all the guest judges so far (nph and the modern family guy are my faves) except i really didn't get carmen at all, and she didn't even show up the second day, wth?

oh and the mad world dance from last year...i remember tearing up at it when it aired!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:57 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I'm much more impressed with the dances and the dancers this week. The solos were so much better than normal - I guess because they know it means a lot this time.

Loved Ricky's scary dream dance, and Sasha with Twitch, I feel bad but Comfort still bothers me. Isn't there another hip hop girl they can bring in? And Melanie is just such a beautiful dancer, I could watch her all day long. I feel bad about that weird jazz airplane dance thing. I can't remember who was in it, but I bet they are low because of that routine.

I also loved NPH as a judge. You can tell he's been watching all season. He read my mind with what he said to Jess and a few of the other contestants.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:38 pm 
Chard Martyr

I was bored with some of the solos (I really hope that people take note about what Nigel said the other week- if you're in the bottom week after week, give them something new!)... so I hope those people go home sooner than later.

But totally in agreement with everyone about the awesomeness of the Precious Things dance, and I loved the Stacey Tookey routine with Kathryn but I still don't really like Jess. I'd have loved Robert in there instead. Sasha and Twitch were awesome and had great chemistry.

I think Mitchell might go home. Sorry, but I wasn't impressed with his solo or his partnered routine. It's not really up to me, though. I think everyone else was pretty solid?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:45 pm 

Who's watching tonight? I'm cheering for Sasha, Tadd and Melanie. Looking forward to seeing what Lady GaGa is like on the judging panel.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:03 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i'm so excited that neil is dancing tonight, whee! WHOA, just typing that made me realize i had a really amazing dream last night about neil, robert, travis, and... darren criss. weird!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:14 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ugh I'm loving ALL of the dancers tonight. Even Jordan! Still don't really like Jess though. Meh.

ETA: I love it when Marco cries.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:20 pm 

Loved Melanie and Neil, but I hate that song.

Ooh Ellen & Portia.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:22 pm 
Chard Martyr

Can we talk about how sick both of Melanie's routines were? And AWESOME: Melanie and Sasha dancing together!! And Marko's routine with Alison= awesome! Alison is so amazing.
Also, I usually am all "Woo! NappyTabs!" but tonight I was a HUGE Sonia Tayeh fan. And a Mandy Moore fan.

I think I'm officially over Jordan... but I sort of feel bad about it. I think Ricky will go home next week.

Gaga was fun.

eta: Also, I'm just in such awe of choreographers. Like, how on earth they come up with those routines. It's amazing. Amazing that they can hear a song and envision two people dancing; the steps... all of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:38 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Sonia-Melanie-Sasha seems the perfect dance trifecta, but I wasn't as impressed by the routine as I wanted to be. It was good, but I guess my expectations were just too high.

I also think Ricky will go home, seeing him dance with Marko made him seem not quite as good.

Nigel said something last week that makes me think the judges aren't too concerned about which contestants leave next. It seems they might think the contestants are pretty evenly matched. Obviously with either Melanie or Sasha winning it in the end.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:49 pm 
Chard Martyr

I concur; I feel like Melanie's first dance was the best, but I loved that she got to dance with Sasha and I feel like Sonia's first few routines of the season were blah, but they're getting better. I don't know if the last one was shoe-throw-worthy, but I just loved the energy of the two of them dancing together. They just exude passion for dance and give it their all. I think that's what makes them so awesome- they can take any routine and make it great, whereas most of the other contestants fall short when they get certain routines that are totally out of their genre, even if they dance ok/get the technique right. (Does that make sense?)

I was sort of bored with most of the dances after Melanie's first dance. Then I did like Marko's dance and a couple others that I can't think of right now, but not very many after that one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:13 pm 
Chard Martyr

Glad Jordan went home, shocked Tadd ended up in the bottom instead of Ricky, Tadd's solo was amazing, glad Jess went home (especially over Tadd).

How does the finale go? I've forgotten. I assume next week they will eliminate two more dancers? (Probably Caitlynn and Ricky, if they're in the bottom), which (hopefully!) leaves Sascha, Melanie, Tadd, and Marko (all amazing). Then what? Do those four go to the finale and they eliminate two mid-show? I seem to recall something to that effect? Or eliminate one of them mid-finale? VOTE, PEOPLE!! We need our favourites to make it!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:19 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

YES! My two least favorite dancers have FINALLY gone home! Tadd's solo...just...wow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next