| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:15 am 
Shopped till she dropped

I just watched the latest episode. I haven't seen this show in a couple years, and I forgot how much I missed it.

Of course, it could be the bottle of wine I drank in lieu of packing, but whatever.

This is the only reality show I will watch. Period. <3

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:50 am 
Chard Martyr

bluedawg wrote:
adam shankman will be *sorely* missed. i adore him.
For real. He's adorable.
Don't forget that it is on this week on Wed and Thurs!

It's not the wine, kara kara, it's an awesome show! (Though I wish they would show more of the awesome dancers, even in auditions, and less of the "funny" dancers... but whatever.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

WWOOOOOO IT'S BACCK

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

DrakeRedcrest wrote:
Let the DrakeRedcrest and Boober Summer Boyfriend Derby 2011 begin!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:11 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

How are they going to narrow this down to 20 people?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:34 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

2 words....LOVE IT!!!

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:52 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I loved the sisters!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:37 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

can I just talk about how much I love the absolutely crazy people?
I do, I really love them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:34 am 
Not NOT A Furry

IVETA!!!! She better make it to top 20 this time. Same for Ryan Ramirez.

So disappointed that my favorites from the audition rounds (Hiro, Patty, Irish dancer) didn't make it through. And the way they treated Arielle was cruel. Her first audition was amazing, and I didn't see anything wrong with her performance in the contemporary round. I don't understand why they cut her.

And my hate for Tasty Oreo grows and grows. I wanted to reach through my tv and punch him when he whispered "How's he gonna lift her??!!?" My guess is they're going to keep both sisters till the very end, then do the "you're the last two, but there's only one spot left" bit, then keep Sasha.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:58 pm 
Chard Martyr

There were some pretty amazing dancers that they cut. I don't know why it shocks me, because they obviously have to make cuts, but they let some obviously worse dancers through. I do adore the sisters and I've been pulling for Melanie since the first episode/auditions.

I think they cut people sometimes just to crush dreams. Like that poor girl who had been there five times? She begged Nigel to dance for her life and he said no? FFS.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:09 pm 
Chard Martyr

Why isn't anyone commenting on this show? I'm so excited!
Favorites in the top 20? Anyone?
I liked last week's group dances a lot. And I think Nigel was right when he said that all of the dancers are really strong... for the most part.

eta: Mary Murphy does make it difficult to watch. I need her to stop screeching. Please.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hulu is kind of slow at uploading episodes so I just watched the last 2 yesterday.
I like everyone!

It got really annoying to me when they kept being like "there's a lot of you to move around the stage" or "how's he gonna lift her?" or "you're great FOR YOUR SIZE" about that one girl (whose name I forget, sasha's sister)
like, REALLY annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:33 pm 
Chard Martyr

Melanie and Marko are INSANE. That dance gave me chills. It was so beautiful and perfect.
I love Travis Wall's choreography. Wow. Just... wow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:27 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Meggs wrote:
Melanie and Marko are INSANE. That dance gave me chills. It was so beautiful and perfect.
I love Travis Wall's choreography. Wow. Just... wow.

I agree with all of this. I'm pretty sure those two are my favorites and they PAIRED THEM UP!

I liked Wadi and his partner, too! Damn, I can't remember her name.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:54 pm 
Chard Martyr

Fleurdenoir wrote:
I agree with all of this. I'm pretty sure those two are my favorites and they PAIRED THEM UP!

I liked Wadi and his partner, too! Damn, I can't remember her name.
Missy! That was a great dance, too!
I've loved Melanie since her audition- she's just amazing, and now the pair of them? Stellar. The majority of the dancers this season are crazy good.
Last season's dancers were good, but not in so many genres outside of their own, straight away! (At least, I don't recall that being the case.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:38 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Melanie is adorable. She's definitely my early favorite. <3 Also hellooooo Robert. So very nice to see you again.

The dancers are great, but I miss Adam or even Mia to give some critical feedback. It's hard when all they hear is "love it, love it, love it". What's helpful about that?

Last edited by BluePlasticStraw on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

travis wall is LOVE. really enjoyed both of his routines tonight.

also, squeeeee! for a surprise robert appearance, plus mary's 'hint' that he'd be one of the all-stars this season (YAAAAY!).

i have a suspicion that nick is the secret super-talent, and i've been keeping my eye on him. and i loved his '8 seconds' thing, he totally cracked me up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:57 pm 

I posted before Nick and Iveta danced. Holy shiitake Nick was awesome. Iveta is just amazing, but that's to be expected from someone of her caliber. It will be interesting when they give her contemporary and maybe hip hop to see what she can do.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:16 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

BluePlasticStraw wrote:
I posted before Nick and Iveta danced. Holy shiitake Nick was awesome. Iveta is just amazing, but that's to be expected from someone of her caliber. It will be interesting when they give her contemporary and maybe hip hop to see what she can do.

I think Nick is very charming. I'm afraid for him and Iveta, I actually voted for them along with Melanie and Marko, and Wadi and Missy because I feel like a lot of times people don't vote for ballroom routines. Plus, it was the quickstep and we all know that tends to be the kiss of death.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:54 pm 

Fleurdenoir wrote:
I think Nick is very charming. I'm afraid for him and Iveta, I actually voted for them along with Melanie and Marko, and Wadi and Missy because I feel like a lot of times people don't vote for ballroom routines. Plus, it was the quickstep and we all know that tends to be the kiss of death.

I think the quickstep is the kiss of death because it's really hard and there's no way to fake it so if you do poorly it just looks like crepe. I voted for them too, along with Melanie and Marko.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:10 pm 
Chard Martyr

I voted for Melanie and Marko because I think that sometimes people don't vote for the ones that they think are a shoo-in (kinda like the bystander effect, sort of?) And yes, Nick did a great job with the quickstep! I was worried for him because the girl from last season who was a tap dancer was pretty awful outside of her genre, but the dancers this season are picking up other genres quickly!

I concur- I wish that we had more critique of technique. I know the dancers are really good, but they are they THAT good right away? The weird thing about this show is that you don't necessarily advance based on technique, but on popularity. So, sadly, even the best technical dancer can be sent home if the home audience has a favorite. Usually it's a great combo of both.

Oh! Did anyone catch that crazy jump that Sasha did onto Alex?! The one where she twirled toward him, jumped up, and wrapped her legs around his torso? I rewound that like, five times to see what the heck she did because it was so crazy amazing.

And yes, Travis Wall kills me every time. Last night made me think of this routine from last year with Robert (swoon): It's a Travis Wall thing- his routines give me chills. damn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:09 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

It's a little hilarious to me that they lined my three favorite couples up together. And they're ALL SAFE! I jumped up and down in my chair. Wheeeeee!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:13 pm 
Chard Martyr

So happy those three couples made it through! I love them all, too!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:31 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Just caught up. That statue routine was my favorite, but they are all so good. I think Melanie and Sasha are my favorites so far. Does Sonya choreograph her own shows? And if so, where are they, so I can go watch them in person? The sexy/stripper type solos from the girls on the elimination show were a bit annoying though.

It's interesting that they rigged it (at least I think they did) so everyone had a style that was compatible to their own technique. It did allow us to see more of what they can do without skewing the results based on weird picks, but it will be really interesting next week if they start mixing things up some more. I'm glad they didn't eliminate anyone yet, especially since nobody had to try anything really far from their comfort zone. I wonder what the arrogant broadway boy will be like in other styles. He really annoyed me during the try out footage, but his dancing last week was unbelievable.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:58 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

oh man, i don't know what to think about this season so far. i love a lot of the dancers, but... no mia michaels AT ALL; mary murphy is back; where are napoleon and tabitha; alex wong isn't recovered fully enough to compete, although they're hinting that he will still have some involvement? maybe as an all-star?

also, i am THIS close to murdering "woo" robert. i hate muggers, hated dominic for the same reason. i cringe every time that kid comes on the screen, and don't know why he made the top 10 when every other b-boy and hip hopper has about 10 times his talent. i think he would have been voted off this episode were it not for the fact that the girls in the bottom three were all so good.

but melanie's face is like a little ray of sunshine. i love nick, too! i love a lot of them. if robert could just get eliminated, i will be a happy camper.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next