| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: So You Think You Can Dance
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:06 am 
Chard Martyr

BluePlasticStraw wrote:
Also, I love Kristen Chenoweth but she is nuttier than a fruitcake.
Hahaha. I liked when she said, "extensions, and I'm not talking about the ones in my hair."

I dislike how Nigel gets booed whenever he has some constructive criticism for someone. The dancers have to improve somehow, don't they? Or are they already perfect? (I don't know. I think they look great, but I don't have a dance background.)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:08 pm 
Chard Martyr

I think I'm ok with the elimination this evening. I was pretty sure that those two were going home when I saw who the bottom three couples were. I am sad about Miranda, but Robert? Peace.

Weird coincidences with the couples... Ryan and Ricky stay, and now Miranda and Robert go...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:44 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'm going to make a prediction and say that Melanie will win. I thought her routine last week was so boring, and she still got lots of votes. I loooved the routine last night though. I don't know, we'll see.

But yeah I'm not upset about the eliminations last night one bit. It's hard though because it seems like this year everyone is such a great dancer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

can we just talk for a sec about that theatrical ballroom number? that was INSANE. i watched it three times.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:02 pm 
Chard Martyr

sunnybear wrote:
I'm going to make a prediction and say that Melanie will win. I thought her routine last week was so boring, and she still got lots of votes. I loooved the routine last night though. I don't know, we'll see.
Yeah, last week's dance was lame, but they're just such a cute couple. This week's was awesome amazing.

I have loved Melanie since her audition. I hope she wins.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

oh, and can we also talk about nigel for a sec? because he was clearly out of his mind during the part where he announced which guy would be going home.

1. to say that mitchell 'keeps finding himself in the bottom 3' and is clearly 'not connecting with the audience' was ridiculous. he was only in the bottom 3 the last time because of his injury! no one voted him there, UGH. that made me soooooo mad, i was seething out of fear that he was going to get the boot, and unfairly so.

2. complimenting chris on 'the woodpecker routine from last week,' which was robert's routine, doy.

seriously, was he having some sort of stroke?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:35 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

yeah what was UP with nigel?

if melanie doesn't win, then it better be sasha. if it's someone other than one of them, i declare shenanigans.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:12 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

bluedawg wrote:
can we just talk for a sec about that theatrical ballroom number? that was INSANE. i watched it three times.

I was floored by that routine! It went a little something like this: "Oh, okay ballroom. Oh cool there are a couple of neat lifts and tur- what the fizzle IS SHE PLANKING HIS HEAD????!!!!"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:15 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I can finally come in here, because I'm caught up!

I was actually surprised that it was Miranda, as I thought her "dance for your life" was the best of the 3. I like all 3 of them though.

I usually don't like their "guest" things much (especially the music!!! it's always awful), but both dances on Thursday were great. Those lifts were amazing!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:22 pm 
Chard Martyr

sunnybear wrote:
IS SHE PLANKING HIS HEAD????!!!!"
Hahahahaa! She was!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:58 pm 
Chard Martyr

I feel sorta bad, because I like Sasha and Alexander and Jordan and Tadd but I'm so bored with the dances after Melanie and Marko. They really set the bar high this evening.

And can we discuss Carmen being part of the judging panel, please? Nothing against her personally, but she's boring and not really adding anything to the judging. Maybe Kristen Chenoweth was just too exciting.

also, I thought Jordan's mom was her sister for a minute. For several minutes, actually.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:14 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Meggs wrote:
And can we discuss Carmen being part of the judging panel, please? Nothing against her personally, but she's boring and not really adding anything to the judging.

she is killing me! talking too slowly, absolutely nothing to say. great music choice?! oy.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:57 am 
Chard Martyr

bluedawg wrote:
Meggs wrote:
And can we discuss Carmen being part of the judging panel, please? Nothing against her personally, but she's boring and not really adding anything to the judging.
she is killing me! talking too slowly, absolutely nothing to say. great music choice?! oy.
By the last comment I decided that she was possibly on some sort of drug. Downers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:42 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Just caught up. Okay are they making elimination decisions based on couples? Or is that just a coincidence? Sad to see Nick go. The girls are sorta blending together for me though, partially because they are all so awesome. I liked Ryan at first, but now I don't think she's as good as the rest, are they seeing something I'm missing? Maybe it's just her facial expressions. Melanie and Sasha are still my favorites. I think they make their decisions based on more than we see on the show - especially after they've referenced rehearsals multiple times this season so that might be why I disagree with some of their decisions. Carmen as a judge was a waste of time, but she wasn't there the next night to decide who was cut right? And that guest ballroom dance was ridiculous! I rewound and made my husband watch - even he thought it was amazing. Now I'm sad that I watched all the episodes so quickly and have to wait another week to see more. Should've known not to hit delete.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:20 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

joanna wrote:
yeah what was UP with nigel?

if melanie doesn't win, then it better be sasha. if it's someone other than one of them, i declare shenanigans.

+1 Except I'm more of a fan of Sasha, though I think Melanie is amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:32 am 

chiveggie wrote:
Okay are they making elimination decisions based on couples? Or is that just a coincidence?

they have a long history of doing that. i agree with you, it stinks.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I like Melanie a lot, but I just don't like most of the routines she does for some reason. They have all been pretty boring except for the one with the kiss. I wasn't a big fan of Ryan's until the number to the david bowie song the other night. That was my favorite routine of the night so I was really surprised to see them in the bottom 3. I also really loved the number to Celine Dion. The male in that couple is my favorite of all the males.

I can't wait till it gets to be less contestants so I will actually remember all of their names!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:56 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I agree with the cuts this time, although I didn't really like Ryan's dance for life routine. I agree with Nigel about Jordan doing those...leg things. I never liked Chris very much, for some reason. I'm not really fully connected to anyone!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:46 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i laughed so hard when nigel called jordan on that move. and i thought ryan's dress did her no favors in her solo--she looked like a block of wood. meh.

i'm okay with the cuts this time, although i am still (still!) bitter about nick.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:05 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I moved and was without TV and internet so I've just gotten caught up. I'm over Ryan and I'm very disappointed that Ashley went home and Ryan stayed. None of the girls wowed me in their solos which was a bummer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:16 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Okay. What the forking fork, Spencer Liff? I found both of his dances incomprehensible and flat out BAD. I feel so sorry for the dancers who got stuck with that bullshiitake. The child soldiers one -- I don't, I just can't even. I thought it was an inappropriate subject for the venue in addition to being horrible. The other one, the music had nothing to do with the costumes which had nothing to do with the choreography. I'm bemused and unamused.

In happier news, I continue to love Melanie and Marko, and Sasha.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:25 pm 
Chard Martyr

Fleurdenoir wrote:
In happier news, I continue to love Melanie and Marko, and Sasha.
For REAL. I also sort of like Caitlyn (sp?) I'm going to be SO sad when Melanie and Marko break up next week, but glad that Sasha will be dancing with an all-star because I'm totally over her partner. I can't wait to see who the all-stars are! Robert BEST be there!

I personally don't like the broadway or ballroom stuff very much, but oh well. I know it's part of the game. Hip Hop stuff hasn't done it for me unless it's Nappytabs. I liked Melanie and Marko's second routine but not as much as their statue routine the other week. They're sooo good! I loved when Sonia said that she was excited that they are the future of dance! Agreed about those two awful routines. I bet they don't have him on the show again.

Judges were good this week, finally giving some constructive criticism.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:47 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

grr just lost my long post. Let's see what I remember

Just caught up. Certainly not my favorite dances tonight. Not sure if it was the dancing, the choreography, or a mix of both, but mostly just meh.

Was highly impressed by Jess's hip hop skills. I am excited to see him partnered with Melanie. Although he is so small that he'll have trouble with any of the taller girls, especially since he struggles with lifts already.

Found the Child Soldiers routine awful. If you are going to bring attention to a cause, then you have to do it well. I loved previous seasons' routines about addiction and fighting cancer. Ooh I think I need to find those on you tube and re watch them both.

I'm still over Ryan and might be over Jordan as well.

Excited to see them paired with all stars :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i'm very excited today.

1. cat deeley was FINALLY nominated for an emmy! finally, finally, finally! wooooo!
2. we get to find out the all-stars tonight! squeeeeeeeeeerobert!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:17 pm 

Yay! I just love her :) Also excited for tonight. I am kind of hoping Ryan goes today--I'm just not really enjoying her anymore, it's almost like she doesn't work as hard as the other girls? Not sure which guy I think will leave.

Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next