| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Switched At Birth
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:16 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Also, I love how everyone is learning sign. Especially Bay.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:39 pm 

I was really shocked that Emmett spoke, and I think that really showed that he's aware that she's working on the relationship. I think it would be really weird if he went to speech therapy for her, because that seems infinitely harder than learning ASL. I was disappointed that he kissed Daphne, though.

Totally called the dad wanting money.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:15 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I kinda got emotional when Emmett spoke. I do not think he will go to speech therapy - I just think that he really wanted to show Bay he liked her. I liked the fact Toby stood up for Bay - that was a nice moment.

The dad + money thing sucks...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:51 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Let's not be so quick to judge Angelo. Don't we all check into hotels using credit cards with other people's names on them?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:54 pm 

I forgot the whole credit card thing!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:20 pm 
Tofu Pup

I really enjoyed the last episode. Can't wait for more! I still really like Daphne and Emmett being together though. Bay is just too much of a brat for me. I try to sympathize with her, but she's so obsessed with finding the person "she was suppose to be". It gets annoying after a while, because she's basically going off the 'fate' aspect, and fate is she was switched... you aren't 'suppose' to be anyone else. Let it go. And I'd think it really hurt her parents feelings that she's rejecting them so much.

I'm trying really hard to like her so I can enjoy the show more. I like some of her lines, and that she's artistic and everything. But god she can be annoying. I also don't like that she was pressuring Emmett to speak. Looked like something her insensitive mother and father would have said, ie. cochlear implant, vegetarians, where Regina lived, etc.

Post subject: Re: Secret Meanings & great works of art (paintings) in SWIT
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:04 pm 
Tofu Pup

That's really interesting. However after reading the article, the theory of Bay and Emmett represent the adam and eve characters seems less likely, or intriguing to me. I like the other angles the brought up in the article more. I'm not too educated in the book of Genesis though, so maybe if you can explain how you see they represent them...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:24 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

This is on Netflix Instant and I learned in The Lying Game thread that it's an ABC Family show, so I HAD to watch it. I watched the first ep and really like it. I think it's really cool to have a show about deaf culture. Good acting too. I was really hoping that one would go after the other's boyfriend (sorry, I like drama) and I was glad when it slightly happened

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:46 pm 

You will notice a few ABC Fam cross overs!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:49 pm 

Ohh and I think we should have a ABC Fam party. You need to drive down a hour to Modesto and we can stream all the ABC Fam stuff and make a dish based on a show!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:28 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

*spoilery*
Ok, I just watched all ten episodes on Netflix and...

I feel so damn bad for Bay. Nobody actually gives a damn about her feelings. Everyone's hypervigilant about making everything great for Daphne (who's kind of a bisque). Regina has zero interest in getting to know Bay, and episode after episode, she proves that (and the whole PI thing is creepy. Really creepy), and Adriana, while her character may want to get to know Bay, is probably going to get written out somehow. Her own non-biological parents are worried about Daphne and obsessing over Daphne and do love Bay but they don't really get that, hey, her biological mom has no interest in her and nobody really forking cares to tell her anything about the dude who was part of her existence. Really? You're basically telling Bay to step off and back away from their business when it's HER dad. And then Emmett, who I wanted to see with Bay since episode one when they totally gave each other the once over, is basically treating her like his second-best option until the end. I think he's realized that Daphne is a bisque.

And then there's Daphne, who they try to write as pretty and sweet and smart and woe-is-her. When, wow, she gets to be loved by her mom and grandma and has this totally new family who loves her and wants to get to know her and give her everything she wants and is working very hard to be part of her life. She has nice friends and a dude who actually, while sketchy, seems very sweet to her (Wilke).
The whole Liam thing? Bay had every right to be upset- she wanted a break, he decided it was a break up, and then dated the girl Bay is supposed to be...something-or-other to. That would forking hurt. Dating someone that Daphne NEVER had ANY interest in dating EVER until too late? Sorry, you don't get to be angry, Daphne. You had eight years in which you insisted you two were just friends when Emmett very obviously wanted to be more.

Bay tries to be friends with Daphne. Not once did I really see Daphne trying to be friends with Bay, except when she broke up with Liam, which she really did because she wanted the approval of all the parents.

Regina is rude and unthankful. Bay's parents are clueless, but at least they try to do the right thing, while Regina automatically assumes everyone is out to make her look like a shitty person (which they aren't. She does that all on her own).

I think I'm good now.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:04 am 

Wow missdelaney - you brought up a lot of good points. I found Bay kind of annoying but I think she grew on me at the the end. I could not stand Daphne at the end, I to think that she lost her chance with Emmet and the way she is playing things is so dumb. She made it seem like she is giving up so much when it looks like Bay is in fact - with her parents, he house, her stuff...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 am 

I'm all caught up!

I love love triangles, but this one is too upsetting. I want Bay with Emmett and I want the girls to be friends.

This show made me cry so many times. Especially when Emmett spoke! AWWW. And how adorable is Emmett?

Bay is such a fast learner with sign language. They never show her or the family learning it though.

I wonder what is up with Angelo/Adam. I'm worried that he's going to get Regina into a lot of trouble by pulling her into his lawsuit.

Daphne also ate shrimp when she was with Liam (when she visited him while he was working). I remember being pissed about that and wondering if the writers forgot that she was a vegetarian. My thought was that the shrimp thing with her mom was to cover up the mistake earlier in the season.

Did anyone notice that during the poker game, Daphne's hair kept going up and down? They would show her from the back with a ponytail and then show her from the front with her hair down. They kept alternating the shots (front and back). Then finally she had a ponytail from the front. Huge editing goof there.

All that aside, this show is really great. Excellent acting. Tear-jerker. And so on

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:53 am 

I did not notice the poker game hair change! I have to have those things pointed out to me.

I liked that there was a deaf horror movie. Right before SaB came on I read a zine called Deafula - with Dracula on the cover that made me interested in ASL and deaf culture.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:51 am 

All new episode tomorrow night!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:36 pm 

Excited! I think this is the one show that I'm not totally behind on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:10 pm 

Jeez. The more I see of Daphne, the more she sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:46 am 

Daphne sneaking into the tent was a bit creepy and all around rude.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:41 am 

Yeah, it was.

I'm surprised that the nurse was telling the truth.

I think that Bay was out of line too in this ep though. Showing off her relationship in front of Daphne.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:03 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Bay and Daphne were both kinda being buttheads about Emmett, but Emmett is a good friend. He's not abandoning Daphne. It also seems like Bay and Daphne don't like being at war with each other. I think they want to be able to talk about stuff and be friends, so the fighting doesn't seem as annoying as it could if it was just another show where two characters hated each other and wanted to steal each others boyfriends.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:23 pm 

missmuffcake wrote:
Daphne sneaking into the tent was a bit creepy and all around rude.

I assumed that Emmett and Daphne have been best friends since they were little kids, that was just like...a thing that they did, as friends. I was surprised when it became clear from Emmett's reaction that this was not the case.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:10 pm 

choirqueer wrote:

I assumed that Emmett and Daphne have been best friends since they were little kids, that was just like...a thing that they did, as friends. I was surprised when it became clear from Emmett's reaction that this was not the case.

Not even - when Daphne got into the tent didn't you see her give him the googly eyes?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:45 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I still sympathize with Bay. I know lots of you think she's being a spoiled brat, but this is the first episode in which Regina called herself Bay's mom directly. And it wasn't even to Bay. It was to Daphne, who got all hurt, when Bay's been hearing her parents called Daphne their daughter the whole season and doesn't get weirded out by it (not like Daphne got- all pissy).
Daphne ditched hanging with her mom (whatever her name is) to try and steal Emmett from Bay by doing something extremely rude and invasive.

And nobody is okay with Bay trying to get to know HER dad. It's her father. And he's receptive to it (whatever his intentions. I feel like he genuinely wants to get to know his daughter, among other not-so-great things). I mean, Bay's got Regina, who lied and didn't bother trying to find her- just hired a PI to watch her, and a dad who nobody wants around and insults to her face almost every time he's mentioned. Yeouch, that poor girl. She doesn't get anything, emotionally, from anyone except Emmett and occasionally Toby.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:05 pm 

missdelaney wrote:
I still sympathize with Bay. I know lots of you think she's being a spoiled brat, but this is the first episode in which Regina called herself Bay's mom directly. And it wasn't even to Bay. It was to Daphne, who got all hurt, when Bay's been hearing her parents called Daphne their daughter the whole season and doesn't get weirded out by it (not like Daphne got- all pissy).
Daphne ditched hanging with her mom (whatever her name is) to try and steal Emmett from Bay by doing something extremely rude and invasive.

And nobody is okay with Bay trying to get to know HER dad. It's her father. And he's receptive to it (whatever his intentions. I feel like he genuinely wants to get to know his daughter, among other not-so-great things). I mean, Bay's got Regina, who lied and didn't bother trying to find her- just hired a PI to watch her, and a dad who nobody wants around and insults to her face almost every time he's mentioned. Yeouch, that poor girl. She doesn't get anything, emotionally, from anyone except Emmett and occasionally Toby.

I'm totally with you on this. I used to really dislike Bay, but I feel like she's the better person now. I don't think she was throwing her relationship in Daphne's face at all (I could be wrong, though, maybe I missed something).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:53 am 

Niev wrote:

I'm totally with you on this. I used to really dislike Bay, but I feel like she's the better person now. I don't think she was throwing her relationship in Daphne's face at all (I could be wrong, though, maybe I missed something).

Same here! I did not like her at first but she kinda grew on me. I feel as though she is getting the short end of the stick on figuring out who she is 'supposed to be' here too. I too do not think she was showing off her relationship, I believe she was just establishing some boundaries after Daphne went out there at night after all the other Daphne drama.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next