| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fear the Walking Dead
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:05 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Is anybody watching this? I haven't made it past the first episode yet.

Post subject: Re: Fear the Walking Dead
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:10 pm 

I watched it and I liked it. It's much slower than TWD but this is at the start of the outbreak. Episode six is awesome but ends with a very heartbreaking scene. I have a lot of thoughts about that but I don't want to spoil anything. I really like Daniel and hope they keep him around. The actor is also fantastic. The actor who plays Nick is also amazing. (And he played young Tom Riddle in Harry Potter.)

There is a character that joined the cast who I really hope is a good guy, like as Hardwick put it, a Han Solo type.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I really want to watch this but apparently you have to be a BT customer to watch it in the UK. Which I'm not.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:53 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I haven't seen the last episode yet but I saw the first 5 and really wasn't that impressed. I'll still watch it but I thought it was too formulaic, just recycling things from the original. Like Madison is clearly the new Carol and Travis is the new Dale.

They really lost me when they played Monopoly. I know she was supposedly acting normal to protect her (16 and 19 year old) kids, but come on you don't go from being a guidance counselor to bludgeoning people in one day without at least a little bit more of a mental breakdown. It even took Carol a longer time than that.

Also, totally suffers from the dead black guy syndrome. I sat there and called each one - I don't want to do spoilers but let's just say in the first couple episodes all you have to do is wait for each speaking black guy to go.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:28 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

It isn't super good... but we are watching anyway. Of course, I've not finished the current season of TWD, I'm getting burnt out by stress and not as good story lines.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:52 pm 

Aubade wrote:
Also, totally suffers from the dead black guy syndrome. I sat there and called each one - I don't want to do spoilers but let's just say in the first couple episodes all you have to do is wait for each speaking black guy to go.

I think it would have been far more interesting if they kept Matt alive. You'd have this teenage couple in their senior year of high school, who believe that they are getting their independence in a few months, but ZA hits and they are now stuck in close quarters with Alicia's parents. They really could have explored a lot with Matt. Him not wanting to be a burden for her parents because they are taking him in, Alicia wanting to sneak off with him but he would be "no I don't want your parents kicking me out". (Bigger concern for pregnancy in the ZA). And let's say down the line that Alicia were to die, and Matt has to continue on with her parents. (I don't want Alicia to die, I hate how this show loves to kill young girls for shock value). And Matt dealing with the army in the garage. Also add in the fact that her brother is a drug dealer, and there's drama between the parents.

I feel there was so much lost potential.

I'm very excited for Strand and Ophelia's characters. Hope they stick around for a long time.