| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:47 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
I finally got around to the newest book and after 2 chapters realized I had no memory of what has happened before since its been like 4 forking years between books. So now Im starting all over from scratch, which isnt a bad thing

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:45 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Sockses wrote:
I just started AFFC, but I'm reading fast! My husband is on book 2. But I don't mind spoilers, I love the books no matter what. :)

Book 3 knocked my freaking socks off. What happened to Jaime.. I almost peed my pants. That book was absolutely the most riveting to me! So far I'm loving AFFC too.

OH OH OH, I love Tyrion! Any chapter featuring Tyrion, Dany, Jaime (I love how he talks/thinks, very entertaining, when not incestuous and gross) or Samwell has me pinned to the chair for sure!

Storm of Swords was hands down my favorite. I want to watch the Twins burn!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:20 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

nickvicious wrote:
Sockses wrote:
I just started AFFC, but I'm reading fast! My husband is on book 2. But I don't mind spoilers, I love the books no matter what. :)

Book 3 knocked my freaking socks off. What happened to Jaime.. I almost peed my pants. That book was absolutely the most riveting to me! So far I'm loving AFFC too.

OH OH OH, I love Tyrion! Any chapter featuring Tyrion, Dany, Jaime (I love how he talks/thinks, very entertaining, when not incestuous and gross) or Samwell has me pinned to the chair for sure!

Storm of Swords was hands down my favorite. I want to watch the Twins burn!

It's been my favorite so far as well. The epilogue with Catelyn.. I almost dropped the book! Well my jaw certainly dropped, that's for sure. Book 3 wrenched my heart around and made me it's bisque.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:38 am 

well, Ive been relegated here to grumble my complaints about season 2 on HBO

Overall Im enjoying it, but Im not too happy about the Stannis/Melisandre storyline is going. It just seems stupid to me and theres no need to add a sex scene in a story full of them.

And Crastor finding Jon at the end of the episode. Really?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:18 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Adam Crisis wrote:
Overall Im enjoying it, but Im not too happy about the Stannis/Melisandre storyline is going. It just seems stupid to me and theres no need to add a sex scene in a story full of them.

And Crastor finding Jon at the end of the episode. Really?

Oh yeah, I love the show but the second the episode ended I had to yell out, "that didn't happen in the book!"
I guess it's kind of a good thing that they can mix things up and still surprise the readers.
I don’t like the fact that they showed Stannis having sex with Melisandre. I liked that they never brought this up in the book (although I’m just finishing the 3rd one) and that they always just implied that she seemed to have some kind of power over him, I don’t see why it has to be sexual. Maybe it’s to make it easier for people to understand the shadow/demon baby? Although I still don’t know if they had sex in the books.

And damn do they like to show baby killin’!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Adam Crisis wrote:

I was gonna respond to this before I saw the episode by saying that their sexual relationship was heavily implied, especially by the shadow "baby". But then I saw it, and I know what you mean. I really don't like what they're doing with Stannis.

I guess it's just the thing to do with visual media (TV/film - I noticed this when I saw The Hunger Games yesterday), but I kinda hate how they have to spell everything out rather than let people come to a realisation over time. Like, not only did they drop hints about Craster and the male babies, they had to show him sacrificing one. And then Craster literally hit Jon over the head as they figuratively do with most of the things that are implied (or at least slowly revealed) in the books.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:28 am 

because everyday people cant handle anything without a fork scene every 20 minutes...at least thats what hollywood script writers seem to think. (dont get me started on the Renly/Loras BJ scene from last season)

also wheres Patchface??? I want to see him. Under the sea they all write Patchface into the script, oh how I know.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:35 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Mel and Stannis having sex is canon in the books, although it doesn't come outright and say that until the 5th book. But the shadowbaby looking like Stannis makes it heavily implied. I would also like a little less heavy handedness but I can see how non-book readers might get confused. Also I'm now beginning to be okay with Ros. I think the first season sexposition was a little sloppy, but I think they'll make her stand in for some of the Chataya/Alayaya which makes sense rather than introducing more characters. So far I'm mostly okay with the changes from book to screen. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing Brienne!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The thing that's pissing me off right now is that they seem to be removing the agency of all the women. What I mean is, the girls/women in the books have ideas and act on them (e.g., Arya with her name "prayer"). On the show, men give them the idea to do whatever it is (e.g., Yoren telling Arya that he used to do that, Littlefinger* planting the seed for Cat to barter the Kingslayer for the girls).

I really hope he finishes the next book soon.

*What the fork is Littlefinger doing in that camp?! How did he know Cat was there? That whole scene pissed me off.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 pm 

yeah, I found that annoying, I can understand them now being able to show everything in the books...but the unnecessary addition of dumb scenes is lame

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:48 am 

hmm, I'm not quite sure where the last few episodes are going by being pretty far off the story line.....grumble grumble

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:35 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I am halfway through book 5, oh yeah. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:58 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I just started reading the first book, and ordered the DVD as well... should I only watch it after finishing the book? Sometimes I dont care and the books are just full of bonus scenes (does that make sense?).

Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5