| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:38 pm 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: va
I read an Entertainment Weekly interview with Martin and he talked about the ages of everyone in the series-they basically made Dany 18 and aged everyone else appropriately, changing all dates and all other times of important events, because that's just how important sex is. This interview is book 5 "spoiler free", though it does mention a mildly spoilery book 6 happening...if you don't want any idea of what may be coming I would wait to read it until after Dance.
http://shelf-life.ew.com/2011/07/12/george-martin-talks-a-dance-with-dragons/

Quote:
There was a fair amount of explicit sex in the series and some fans of the books were taken aback.
One of the reasons I wanted to do this with HBO is that I wanted to keep the sex. We had some real problems because Dany is only 13 in the books, and that’s based on medieval history. They didn’t have this concept of adolescence or the teenage years. You were a child or you were an adult. And the onset of sexual maturity meant you were an adult. So I reflected that in the books. But then when you go to film it you run into people going crazy about child pornography and there’s actual laws about how you can’t depict a 13 year old having sex even if you have an 18 year old acting the part — it’s illegal in the United Kingdom. So we ended up with a 22 year old portraying an 18 year old, instead of an 18 year old portraying a 13 year old. If we decided to lose the sex we could have kept the original ages. And once you change the age of one character you have to change the ages of all the characters, and change the date of the war [that dethroned the Mad King]. The fact we made all these changes indicates how important we thought sex was.


p.s. the chess filter is still funny.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:14 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
nickvicious wrote:
Well, Kitteh it looks like you're probably going to finish Dance before I do. Still haven't started it.

Quick sticks, Nick!

Here's a really short article about the possibility of season 3, the executive producer has said if they make it to a third season, they will start to move away from the books because ASOS is too long. I wonder if Martin has ok'd that.

He also mentions that he's always thought that if they can get to a particular scene which he has nicknamed 'RW' so as not to spoil it, that they will be able to continue with the show. I want to know what scene he's talking about.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:44 pm 
Offline
A gift from the crasshole god.

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am
Posts: 2523
Kitteh wrote:
nickvicious wrote:
Well, Kitteh it looks like you're probably going to finish Dance before I do. Still haven't started it.

Quick sticks, Nick!

Here's a really short article about the possibility of season 3, the executive producer has said if they make it to a third season, they will start to move away from the books because ASOS is too long. I wonder if Martin has ok'd that.

He also mentions that he's always thought that if they can get to a particular scene which he has nicknamed 'RW' so as not to spoil it, that they will be able to continue with the show. I want to know what scene he's talking about.


I know what scene they are talking about! I have ignored every post in here because I don't want to know anything but I have just read the scene I believe he is talking about. OH MY GOD!

I am really enjoying these books and this is my first time reading a fantasy series. I hope they don't move away from the books, I mean, ASOS is split into two parts in the paperback books so why don't they just split it into two seasons?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:55 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
Which scene do you think it is, Sarah-Jane?

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:59 pm 
Offline
A gift from the crasshole god.

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am
Posts: 2523
Red Wedding? I just tweeted you. It feels funny have two conversations about the same thing at the same time with the same person!? haha.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:06 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
Haha, it is funny. And I think you're right but does that mean they will stick to the book up until the Red Wedding and then they will do whatever they feel like? I guess they don't know how many seasons they'll get and they can't look too far ahead because they don't know how Martin will end the series yet.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:11 pm 
Offline
Huffs Nutritional Yeast
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:13 pm
Posts: 120
Location: Toronto
Has anyone else finished reading A Dance With Dragons? I wish I had read it slower - it's going to be a loong wait for Book 6.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:02 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
PeaBeeJay wrote:
Has anyone else finished reading A Dance With Dragons? I wish I had read it slower - it's going to be a loong wait for Book 6.

Rach*n has finished it and I'm just over halfway

Here's a link from the other thread, cast photos - I love Kit (aka Jon)

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:22 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:01 am
Posts: 3382
Location: Chandler, AZ
I hope they don't move away from the books. But seeing as how it took GRRM 6 years to write Dance - and another 2 or even 3 books left in the series, they likely won't have a choice if they want to continue the HBO series.

Saw this earlier today: Peanuts / ASoIaF crossover:
http://www.afrikislife.net/english/comi ... 26-afl.gif

_________________
Half the lies I tell are not true.
"luckily us vegans dont go into cardiac arrest...but we do go into food comas" - Adam Crisis


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 pm 
Offline
Huffs Nutritional Yeast
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:13 pm
Posts: 120
Location: Toronto
Here's a short (5 min) interview with GRRM:
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Arts_and ... 2069274239

He talks about working on a book about the history, houses and myths of the ASOIAF world, which sounds really interesting, but ... he's supposed to be working on Book 6 dammit!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:51 am 
Offline
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:18 am
Posts: 196
I believe it's in the show contract that GRRM can't take 6 years to get shiitake done again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:51 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:01 am
Posts: 3382
Location: Chandler, AZ
PeaBeeJay wrote:
Here's a short (5 min) interview with GRRM:
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Arts_and ... 2069274239

He talks about working on a book about the history, houses and myths of the ASOIAF world, which sounds really interesting, but ... he's supposed to be working on Book 6 dammit!

He's not supposed to start working on it until the new year. Which is fine. I understand that authors need time to recharge. Creativity comes and goes. Plus, he's got a few chapters already written.

_________________
Half the lies I tell are not true.
"luckily us vegans dont go into cardiac arrest...but we do go into food comas" - Adam Crisis


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:10 am 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: va
In that Entertainment Weekly interview, GRRM talked a bit about the series pacing:
Quote:
[Q] One big concern has been what if the TV series surpasses where you are in the books. For awhile, that seemed premature. Now that season one has done well, it’s worth asking.

[A] There’s two questions here. The first is: How long will it take me to write the next book. Will Winds of Winter go smoothly or is it going to be Feast and Dance all over again? I certainly hope it’s not the latter. The other issue is: What is what is HBO going to do if we get a third season and beyond? Storm of Swords is a gigantic book. I was hoping they’d give us 12 episodes for Clash. So I don’t know how they’ll get everything in. But there’s no way they can get Storm into 10 or even 12. My hope is they’ll split that into two seasons. There’s nothing in the law that says each season must cover one book. The only danger of catching up is if we have to do all of Storm, and then Feast and Dance have to be re-combined. Then there’s a danger they would catch up with me. I think I’ll have Winds out by then, but they could catch up with me before [Book 7].

His big concern is there is almost no money to do anything in the budget, much less the blackwater battle. He is writing that scene for the show.
Sarah-Jane wrote:
Red Wedding?

Yes that must be what they are talking about. The name alone is a spoiler...if viewers knew something bad was going to happen at a wedding...but then, something bad has happened at pretty much every wedding so far.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:38 pm 
Offline
A gift from the crasshole god.

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am
Posts: 2523
I read Joffrey's wedding today at lunch and OMG! so glad that little forker is dead. I feel bad for Tyrion though, like seriously bad for him. I really wanted Sansa to stay and love him because I love him!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:14 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:01 am
Posts: 3382
Location: Chandler, AZ
That would be a shame if they half-assed the Blackwater. I remember reading that part and thinking "I SO want to see this on film!". It was written so well, too. I felt like I was right there on the deck of Davos's ship speeding up the river with the walls of King's Landing looming overhead.

I actually felt kind of bad for Cersei died, but I was glad that Joffrey was dead. It's easy to hate that little brat.

_________________
Half the lies I tell are not true.
"luckily us vegans dont go into cardiac arrest...but we do go into food comas" - Adam Crisis


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:32 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
I finished A Dance with Dragons. I'm a little bit sad and confused by a few scenes so I'm going to read the wiki for more info. I'm going to put my comments in spoiler tags but maybe we can ask Mo to un-spoiler them once we think it's ok to talk about book 5.

Spoiler: show
Firstly, Jon - NOOOOOOOOOOOO. I really hope he is ok, maybe he's not dead, like so many characters. I thought Tyrion was a goner for sure but then he was rescued from the water by Griff.

I was really tired when I was reading last so I thought Dany had been found by her bloodriders but Wiki just told me it was Kahl Johqo, that can't be good.

I hope the Boltons get defeated eventually and I had no idea Abel was Mance. I feel a tiny bit of sympathy for Theon but not much. I wonder if Stannis is dead and will Melisandre realise she wasn't backing the right guy due to his sword being cool and not warm like Aemon said.

I wonder where Rickon is and if will we see him and Osha in book 6 or 7. And I wondered if ColdHands was Benjen.

And I was confused by Brienne returning to Jaime, does that mean Zombie Catelyn didn't hang her? And now I also feel sorry for Jaime.

ETA: I'm happy Davos is alive too.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Last edited by Kitteh on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:34 pm 
Offline
A gift from the crasshole god.

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am
Posts: 2523
Ahhhhhhhhh I really want to read the spoiler. Really bad!

*runs away*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:59 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
I don't think the spoilers for ADWD are as important/serious as for previous books, but you'd probably be best avoiding it ;)

More on ADWD
Spoiler: show
I forgot about Arya - I don't find her story as interesting now but I do want to know what will happen to her.


And here's a good review (contains spoilers)

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:51 pm 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: va
Kitteh wrote:
I finished A Dance with Dragons. I'm a little bit sad and confused by a few scenes so I'm going to read the wiki for more info. I'm going to put my comments in spoiler tags but maybe we can ask Mo to un-spoiler them once we think it's ok to talk about book 5.

Spoiler: show
Firstly, Jon - NOOOOOOOOOOOO. I really hope he is ok, maybe he's not dead, like so many characters. I thought Tyrion was a goner for sure but then he was rescued from the water by Griff.

I was really tired when I was reading last so I thought Dany had been found by her bloodriders but Wiki just told me it was Kahl Johqo, that can't be good.

I hope the Boltons get defeated eventually and I had no idea Abel was Mance. I feel a tiny bit of sympathy for Theon but not much. I wonder if Stannis is dead and will Melisandre realise she wasn't backing the right guy due to his sword being cool and not warm like Aemon said.

I wonder where Rickon is and if will we see him and Osha in book 6 or 7. And I wondered if ColdHands was Benjen.

And I was confused by Brienne returning to Jaime, does that mean Zombie Catelyn didn't hang her? And now I also feel sorry for Jaime.

ETA: I'm happy Davos is alive too.



Spoiler: show
I think Jon just died, but if it makes you feel any better popular theory is he will be Azor Ahai reborn and I agree with that. The whole prophecy matches up. I think it's funny that Mel kept asking to see AA and the fire showed her Jon, not Stannis, and she didn't know why... Obvious! I also do NOT believe Stannis is dead. Ramsey's whole letter doesn't make a lot of sense though like Jon said there is some truth to it. Ramsey probably does have Mance and killed the spearwives.

I also wondered if Coldhands was Benjen. The fact they never found Benjen means to me that he could be alive, but being controlled by the greenseer also makes sense. How awesome was Bloodraven, and Bran? I think it was him talking to Theon in the godswood in Winterfell, and talking to Jon through Morment's crow. I am so interested to see where this goes. Bloodraven is a character from the Hedge Knight tales, and one of the visions Bran sees (tall skinny knight with a lady) may be Dunk, the knight in the story. I think these stories are graphic novels but Wiki has summaries. I haven't read them myself.

Rickon is on Skagos, I think. It is allegedly the island of cannibals. I think this is why Davos is worried. Oh, how awesome was Lard Manderly? The North remembers, indeed. Did you catch the thing about the wedding pies?? I had to look up the Rat Cook song to get it. Rhaegar Frey pie!!

I think Dany will be okay, since she has her dragon with her. I understand now why this book was so hard for Martin to write. It was painful to read with very little action going on. I hope the next two books are quicker paced.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:07 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
Rach*n wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
I finished A Dance with Dragons. I'm a little bit sad and confused by a few scenes so I'm going to read the wiki for more info. I'm going to put my comments in spoiler tags but maybe we can ask Mo to un-spoiler them once we think it's ok to talk about book 5.

Spoiler: show
Firstly, Jon - NOOOOOOOOOOOO. I really hope he is ok, maybe he's not dead, like so many characters. I thought Tyrion was a goner for sure but then he was rescued from the water by Griff.

I was really tired when I was reading last so I thought Dany had been found by her bloodriders but Wiki just told me it was Kahl Johqo, that can't be good.

I hope the Boltons get defeated eventually and I had no idea Abel was Mance. I feel a tiny bit of sympathy for Theon but not much. I wonder if Stannis is dead and will Melisandre realise she wasn't backing the right guy due to his sword being cool and not warm like Aemon said.

I wonder where Rickon is and if will we see him and Osha in book 6 or 7. And I wondered if ColdHands was Benjen.

And I was confused by Brienne returning to Jaime, does that mean Zombie Catelyn didn't hang her? And now I also feel sorry for Jaime.

ETA: I'm happy Davos is alive too.



Spoiler: show
I think Jon just died, but if it makes you feel any better popular theory is he will be Azor Ahai reborn and I agree with that. The whole prophecy matches up. I think it's funny that Mel kept asking to see AA and the fire showed her Jon, not Stannis, and she didn't know why... Obvious! I also do NOT believe Stannis is dead. Ramsey's whole letter doesn't make a lot of sense though like Jon said there is some truth to it. Ramsey probably does have Mance and killed the spearwives.

I also wondered if Coldhands was Benjen. The fact they never found Benjen means to me that he could be alive, but being controlled by the greenseer also makes sense. How awesome was Bloodraven, and Bran? I think it was him talking to Theon in the godswood in Winterfell, and talking to Jon through Morment's crow. I am so interested to see where this goes. Bloodraven is a character from the Hedge Knight tales, and one of the visions Bran sees (tall skinny knight with a lady) may be Dunk, the knight in the story. I think these stories are graphic novels but Wiki has summaries. I haven't read them myself.

Rickon is on Skagos, I think. It is allegedly the island of cannibals. I think this is why Davos is worried. Oh, how awesome was Lard Manderly? The North remembers, indeed. Did you catch the thing about the wedding pies?? I had to look up the Rat Cook song to get it. Rhaegar Frey pie!!

I think Dany will be okay, since she has her dragon with her. I understand now why this book was so hard for Martin to write. It was painful to read with very little action going on. I hope the next two books are quicker paced.


Spoiler: show
I couldn't understand why Melisandre didn't get it either, maybe she didn't want to believe she'd been incorrect. I hope Jon does come back as AA.

And yep, it was definitely Bran talking to Theon but I didn't guess about the raven, but you're right, it must have been him.

I didn't get the thing about the pies, but that is pretty funny, Manderly is a good character.

I know, a lot of people are saying this book went nowhere but a lot happened even if it feels like we're no closer to seeing someone take the Iron Thrown from Tommen/Cersei.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:29 pm 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: va
Kitteh wrote:

Spoiler: show
I couldn't understand why Melisandre didn't get it either, maybe she didn't want to believe she'd been incorrect. I hope Jon does come back as AA.

And yep, it was definitely Bran talking to Theon but I didn't guess about the raven, but you're right, it must have been him.

I didn't get the thing about the pies, but that is pretty funny, Manderly is a good character.

I know, a lot of people are saying this book went nowhere but a lot happened even if it feels like we're no closer to seeing someone take the Iron Thrown from Tommen/Cersei.


Spoiler: show
I can't even imagine what Cersei will be like in the next book with Kevan dead. And unGregor!! Qyburn is a really creepy guy, you were correct!

Did the Aegon reveal seem anti climatic? It did a bit for me. But I do think he is the real prince, and many people on the song of fire and ice boards think he's an imposter.

I think the title of Biggest Badass goes to Ser Barristan, for trying to take on a dragon. And Arya, I don't know where her story is going. I think it is interesting though that the faceless men can't kill people they know, which means she shouldn't be getting revenge on Ser Illyn and the others in her "prayer".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:04 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
Rach*n wrote:
Spoiler: show
I can't even imagine what Cersei will be like in the next book with Kevan dead. And unGregor!! Qyburn is a really creepy guy, you were correct!

Did the Aegon reveal seem anti climatic? It did a bit for me. But I do think he is the real prince, and many people on the song of fire and ice boards think he's an imposter.

I think the title of Biggest Badass goes to Ser Barristan, for trying to take on a dragon. And Arya, I don't know where her story is going. I think it is interesting though that the faceless men can't kill people they know, which means she shouldn't be getting revenge on Ser Illyn and the others in her "prayer".


Spoiler: show
I assume Cersei will be happy that Kevan is dead and she will try to take control again but I wonder who will be blamed for the murders? And I keep wondering if Cersei will end up down in the dungeons with Qyburn, eek. I read the scene where she allows him to take Falyse right before I went to bed one night and I couldn't sleep.

I believe Aegon is real as well but a lot of comments I just read suggest he won't live long. I guess we're all waiting for someone to take a shot at claiming the Iron Throne but so far everyone just seems to be moving slowly towards it, maybe Aegon will go for it in book 6?

That's a good point about Arya not being able to kill the people she knows. A comment I read suggest that Varys has also been trained by the same people but he just killed people he knew, so that must be incorrect.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:10 pm 
Offline
Huffs Nutritional Yeast
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:13 pm
Posts: 120
Location: Toronto
Spoiler: show
So, the warning that Dany is given earlier in the series:

"No. Hear me, Daenerys Targaryen. The glass candles are burning.
Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun’s son and the mummer’s dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

The pale mare was the plague. The Kraken is Victarion. The dark flame is the red priest traveling with Victarion, the lion is Tyrion, the griffin Jon Connington. The sun's son is Quentyn Martell.

I think the perfumed seneschal is Varys, so who is the mummer's dragon? Aegon?

Also, the words of House Manderley should be "Save your fork, there's pie!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:15 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
PeaBeeJay wrote:
Spoiler: show
So, the warning that Dany is given earlier in the series:

"No. Hear me, Daenerys Targaryen. The glass candles are burning.
Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun’s son and the mummer’s dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

The pale mare was the plague. The Kraken is Victarion. The dark flame is the red priest traveling with Victarion, the lion is Tyrion, the griffin Jon Connington. The sun's son is Quentyn Martell.

I think the perfumed seneschal is Varys, so who is the mummer's dragon? Aegon?

Also, the words of House Manderley should be "Save your fork, there's pie!"


Spoiler: show
I think you're right, which means she can't trust anyone! Although Jon/AA isn't mentioned so maybe she can trust him if/when he returns.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: G.R.R. Martin book readers. Game of Thrones Spoilers wit
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:02 am 
Offline
Has Isa on speed dial
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:42 pm
Posts: 85
I just started AFFC, but I'm reading fast! My husband is on book 2. But I don't mind spoilers, I love the books no matter what. :)

Book 3 knocked my freaking socks off. What happened to Jaime.. I almost peed my pants. That book was absolutely the most riveting to me! So far I'm loving AFFC too.

OH OH OH, I love Tyrion! Any chapter featuring Tyrion, Dany, Jaime (I love how he talks/thinks, very entertaining, when not incestuous and gross) or Samwell has me pinned to the chair for sure!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer