| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Office
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:00 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Also, fork Jim! I hate how he's treating Pam and Darryl.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:38 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Yeah, he would totally send them Christmas presents and prank them and shiitake.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:49 pm 
Semen Strong

paprikapapaya wrote:
One of the things I find SO unrealistic is that Michael hasn't checked in on them. ... But knowing that character over the course of many seasons, I find it really hard to believe he'd leave and not be checking in on them all the time. He loved all those people like family!

That is so true. SO TRUE. And the show would be so excellent if they threw in random lame Michael pranks.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:12 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yeah, but they want us to forget about Michael. Because if we thought about him, we would miss him. And we would remember a time when The Office was not super lame.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:16 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

it appears Andy will be back and Roseanne takes him to Hollywood?????

strange plot line!

http://perezhilton.com/2013-02-02-roseanne-the-office-new-series-ed-helms#.UQ2sRIX1eAo

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:01 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

brian wrote:
kimba wrote:
Why?

BECAUSE PAM IS FALLING IN LOVE WITH BOOM MIC BRIAN WHO APPARENTLY HAS ALSO FALLEN IN LOVE WITH HER OVER NINE YEARS AND SHE'S GOING TO LEAVE JIM FOR HIM AND MOVE TO THE UK!!!!

ANDY IS NEVER COMING BACK!!!

WE'LL NEVER SEE MICHAEL GET MARRIED TO HOLLY!!!!

No way are Pam and Other Guy falling in love. This is just something to test their relationship and show how strong it is, no matter how hot any boom mic guy might be. Just like Jim being an a-hole. He is going to figure out he doesn't like the way his life looks right now and make a change for the better. Every relationship is tested in various ways and this will just end up highlighting their resolve as a couple.

Andy is probably coming back. I think the show is actually better without him, not as a fault of the actor, but they tried to make things too Andy-centric for a while. There are plot lines (well, one) to close with him as well.

As for the wedding, probably not going to happen because they haven't given us any reason to care about their characters this season. Would be nice though. Steve is probably not available, but who knows!?!?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:28 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Michael is definitely not coming back. I read an interview with Steve Carell in which he confirmed that the character will not make a final appearance. Basically he said they felt like his goodbye was so perfect that to bring him back would ruin that last moment.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:56 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

yeah i read the same thing about Michael. i think Steve Carrell couldnt jam it into his schedule and frankly i dont think he wanted to.

i agree with whomever said it's completely bizarre that Michael would never check on them. not like that character at all.

and the show has been better without Andy. once Michael left they tried to force Andy into being the new Michael and it was all sorts of fail. i think Andy was such a great side character. i hope he comes back and sweeps Erin off her feet. they were so cute together before he started being a dick. what's with the dudes on this show all of a sudden? they all turned into dicks.

they better have an amazing series finale cause this season has been awful. they've really killed this show.

maybe Ricky Gervais can be on the last episode. they should have had him be the new boss for the last season. it would have been kinda cute.

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:15 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Wasn't Ricky Gervais on the show already?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:20 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

For like 2 secs he ran into Michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:32 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I just imagine Michael is checking in on them, but he is no longer under contract with the documentary, so they aren't recording his calls/visits.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:22 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

It's totally not the same thing, but they *kinda* brought Michael back in this episode...

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:02 pm 
A Bad Person

I forking love Bob Odenkirk! If they wanted to replace Steve Carell with Steve Carell (as they're writing Andy like he's Steve Carell), why didn't they just use Bob Odenkirk? He was amazing! I mean he really nailed that weird boss thing, and seeing it in action makes it so obvious he would've been the perfect fit for it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:03 pm 
A Bad Person

Also, I'm going to maintain that Pam will leave Jim for Boom Mic Brian. It's happening!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:36 pm 

I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:37 pm 
A Bad Person

It's happening!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 pm 

It's just so stupid I can't even deal with it. Really, Pam wants to stay in Scranton this badly? It's ruining their marriage? Doesn't she want to do more art shiitake? It just doesn't make sense for the character.

I really think they're doing this show wrong in the end. I know lots of people have complained about the last 2-3 seasons, but this is just some bullshiitake. They could've just been like, "Well, the crew is done!" and then had a big two-hour finale flashforward to the future, kind of like what they did with the UK Office. We don't have to wreck shiitake for no reason in ways that make no sense.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Whoa, it's not Pam's wanting to stay in Scranton that is the problem, but Jim moving forward with a different future that she didn't want to be a part of in the first place and basically started behind her back. But they will stay together. Jim will figure out that he is messing up and that he wants a future with her more than the new life he is creating for himself. She will find a way to do her art stuff in Scranton and they will all live happily ever after.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:19 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

kimba, I think you nailed why Jim is at fault here. He basically went and started a new life without really consulting his monogamous partner who he has children with! I see her resistance as more towards how she's realizing maybe she doesn't know him that well anymore.

GAAAAHHH this show. It makes me so angry to watch!
I HATED Andy last episode. He was being such a dick; does he not realize the impact him forking off for 3 months had on his relationship? Why should Pete be to blame? I hate Andy. HATE HIM!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:53 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

at this point, i don't even care if the the finale is just the reveal that the whole show was creed's dream.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:21 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yea, Andy's character is just awful.
I admittedly might be a tad biased, because I LOVE Erin and Pete <3

I think stuff with Jim and Pam will work out in the end. They won't break up over all of this. It's a trial, certainly, and they will come close to breaking up, but in the end they will work it out. They have to.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:48 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i really hate this show now.
they have completley ruined it.
if they break up Pam and Jim i will never watch tv again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:50 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I kind of feel like I need someone else to watch for me and just tell me if Jim and Pam break up. If they do, I will just rewatch their wedding episode instead of the finale and pretend that's the end of the show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:41 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

that's really not a bad idea. if they break them up i will probably throw shiitake at my tv and sob for days.

im thinking they are going to make it a happy ending and we are just seeing Pam go through some stuff. cause let's face it she never wanted to be just the receptionist and i think she is starting to break out of her rut and she has her painting commissions and things are starting for her and now Jim is just like "OK EVERYTHING IS IN PHILLY NOW" and gets her an interview as A RECEPTIONIST!

i think they are showing her struggling to come into her own and everything will end up happy and roses because what on earth would be their motivation to break them up? there will be riots in the streets!!!!

that's what im telling myself anyways...............

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:53 pm 

kimba wrote:
Whoa, it's not Pam's wanting to stay in Scranton that is the problem, but Jim moving forward with a different future that she didn't want to be a part of in the first place and basically started behind her back. But they will stay together. Jim will figure out that he is messing up and that he wants a future with her more than the new life he is creating for himself. She will find a way to do her art stuff in Scranton and they will all live happily ever after.

I was referring to her saying to Jim that she liked their life in Scranton. I think they could've just left it at them laughing it off that she's not going back to being a receptionist, they went from never having fights to every episode has to have some dramz between them.

LisaPunk wrote:

i think they are showing her struggling to come into her own

That seems to be Pam's eternal struggle, she's made a few lurches forward in her art (like going to design school and having that one drawing at the art show that no one came to) and she finally stopped being a receptionist, I just think that her resistance is too great to the changes they're going to be making.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next