| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fringe
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I just got caught up with the last two episodes today and dude. Olivia-as-Bell is the creepiest thing ever. I love how completely pissed off Peter is by the whole thing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:18 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Peter's reactions are so awesome. In general.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:32 pm 

apparently i somehow previously missed some of the really gross eps. eww eww eww.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:32 pm 
Member type 4

I stumbled upon mighty ducks 3 the other day... joshua jackson is freakin adorable and looks exactly the same.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:17 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Okay, dudes. The next time someone says, "I'm not normally a huge fan of super serious sci-fi. Will I like Fringe?"

This is what you say: "There's this awesome episode called "Brown Betty" in which Walter smokes a lot of weed and invents a steampunk-esque detective noir/musical/fairytale WITH SINGING CORPSES and it is SO SAD and ONE OF THE BEST THINGS TO HAPPEN TO TEEVEES EVERYWHERE."

You guys fail. All of you. You are full. of. fail.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:10 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Saw the latest from Friday. Holy cow. NOW WHAT?! I know it's not all about love, but I don't want "evil" Olivia and Peter to be together! Ugh, such drama. And Walternet (sp?) is evil. pure evil.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:52 pm 

Dude, sorry! Also, I think I didn't see a few of the eps in season 1 even - some seem completely new to me. Also, I currently only own season 1. Sadness.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:26 pm 

crying walter after olivia confronted him about what he and bell did to the kids. peter holding sobbing walter's hands! sweetness.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:59 pm 

okay, this theory that deja vu is really because in the other reality you already saw/did/whatever something messes with my head. i get a lot of deja vu and i too frequently go "whoa, glitch in the matrix." seriously. i do.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:00 am 

I admit I kinda zoned out for both the first half of season 1 and the first half of season 2.

The last one I watched was "Subject 13." I LOVED "Peter," but I was a little bothered by the kids being this old. That was a retcon, right? I did like that Elizabeth was pushing Walter to get Peter home, since at the end of "Peter," it seemed like *she* was the reason Walter decided to keep Peter.

I do like Peter and Olivia, but I feel like they've been hitting it a little heavy lately. I'm not a fan of Fauxlivia, but I really like her hair!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:04 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

KarynMC wrote:
I admit I kinda zoned out for both the first half of season 1 and the first half of season 2.

Me too - I actually quit the show halfway through season 2 but my sister convinced me to give it another try. I can't believe how much it improves in the second half of season 2 and after. It got much, much better.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:17 pm 

It turns out my mom is a huge Fringe fan. We ended up debating Walternate's nefarious scheme re:Faux!baby.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:19 pm 

KarynMC wrote:
I
I do like Peter and Olivia, but I feel like they've been hitting it a little heavy lately. I'm not a fan of Fauxlivia, but I really like her hair!

you and philadelphegan can hit it off on that subject.
KarynMC wrote:
It turns out my mom is a huge Fringe fan. We ended up debating Walternate's nefarious scheme re:Faux!baby.

exciting! my mom watches shows i hate. ho hum.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:11 pm 

appifanie wrote:
you and philadelphegan can hit it off on that subject.

On her hair? I like red-headed ladies. I either think they're cute/adorable, or I get girl-boners for them. Plus, I like Anna Torv with bangs. They bring out her eyes.
appifanie wrote:
exciting! my mom watches shows i hate. ho hum.

We don't agree on anything! I got my mom to like Buffy! She's a bigger fan of Glee than I am and, as it turns out, we both like Fringe. I think I could sway her on SPN if I watched it at home, but that's not happening. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:11 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

OMG. Just watched last week's episode. Holy bananas! I knew it was walternate! I knew he was behind it! and i thought scientist guy died! ugh!

what do they want with the baby's dna? are They gonna clone him? Ugh.

ps. I know lincoln is in love with fauxlivia, but I bet she is starting to fall for him too.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:20 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

newsie15 wrote:
And Walternet (sp?) is evil. pure evil.

But he won't test on children! And he kind of saved Fauxlivia and her baby?

Megan - I'm assuming they think the baby might be able to work the machine?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:21 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Megan My Dear wrote:
ps. I know lincoln is in love with fauxlivia, but I bet she is starting to fall for him too.

That part was totally cray cray to me. So, she wasn't really love with her boyfriend. She fell in love and boned a dude from another universe. She got knocked up and is now possibly in love with her former partner. Drama!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:34 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

people fall in love when they give birth! That rush of oxytocin gets the party started. I bought my midwife a giant bouquet of flowers like I was a forking wooing suiter. rediculous.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:36 pm 

Quote:
Megan - I'm assuming they think the baby might be able to work the machine?

This is what my mom and I were debating! She thinks the baby's for the machine ... I was thinking that Walternate wants to use the baby to lure Peter into the Red Universe so he'll choose to destroy the Blue Universe with the doomsday machine. So, it's setting Peter up to make a decision similar to Walter's in 1985: his kid or the universe. It would be complicated by the fact that choosing the Red Universe would mean killing Olivia and Walter. Walternate thinks that destruction is the only answer, so you can bet that he'll do anything to get leverage.

I thought Walternate's refusal to test on kids might be related to Walter's decision to do so. Like, they both think the other is the worst person in all the universes, so Walter doesn't want to be anything like Walternate and vice versa.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:55 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I agree that the baby is useful as a lure, but the blood sample made me think they needed to test something for the machine.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:10 pm 

mel c wrote:
I agree that the baby is useful as a lure, but the blood sample made me think they needed to test something for the machine.

I agree that there's a point, there! But the machine's fully assembled in the Blue Universe, so I don't think they can test the baby for the machine (also, are they gonna accelerate baby's growth until he's Peter-sized to make him fit?). All the destiny talk makes me think that Peter's gonna wind up in the machine, one way or the other.

ETA - And also, if the baby could use the machine, you'd think Walternate could use it, too (since he contributed half of Peter's DNA and Peter contributed half of his DNA to the baby).

Also, I just like the symmetry of Peter having to make something close to Walter's decision.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:10 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I still think that what nobody in red world understands is that the machine isn't just for destruction. It is also for creation. I think Peter's love for things on both sides, that conflict, would prevent the destruction of either universe.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:34 am 

Megan My Dear wrote:
I still think that what nobody in red world understands is that the machine isn't just for destruction. It is also for creation. I think Peter's love for things on both sides, that conflict, would prevent the destruction of either universe.

Yeah, I mean, the Blue universe obviously isn't at war with the Red. It's all Walternate, who's all about destruction.

Just as long as it doesn't end with Peter going back to the Red universe, after making a pact with Olivia that, once a year, they will sit on the same park bench in their respective universes and remember one another. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 am 

OMG the spoilers are crazy-cray! Much like the rest of the show.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:29 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Where does this blue and red come from? Did I miss something?

Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next