Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

Mad Men
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1390
Page 20 of 21

Author:  Charmkinface [ Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

I hope Roger becomes a Moonie.

Author:  lobsteriffic [ Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

True story. I was watching Mad Men on my computer. My husband walks into the room. He's never seen the show and he knows nothing about it, who the characters are, etc. Pete Campbell is on the screen. My husband takes ONE LOOK at him and says "that guy looks like the biggest slimeball, I just want to punch him." Ha, I told him to get in line.

Author:  Desdemona [ Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

"From the network that brought you Two and a Half Men..."


Author:  lobsteriffic [ Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

It's coming back April 7th!!!!

http://lubbockonline.com/entertainment/2013-01-30/mad-men-return-new-season-april-7#.UQqTMb8ceE0

Author:  elouise [ Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

Yessssss! Just marked it in my calendar!

Author:  Desdemona [ Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

lobsteriffic wrote:
SO. EXCITED!!!! We've been reviewing the whole series since just afterXmas (with one thing and another we're about halfway through season two), and it is amazing the stuff you notice on the second viewing. It's cool to see the narrative arc from the perspective of knowing what comes next. Best show ever; I can't wait to see what season six will do!

Author:  Desdemona [ Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

Breaking news: Pete Campbell and Rory Gilmore are getting married. Because nothing says "real life romance" like a little sad, sordid, doomed, suburban affair/lobotomy roleplaying.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20/alexis-bledel-vincent-kartheiser-engaged_n_2916367.html?utm_hp_ref=tv&ir=TV

Author:  vijita [ Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

Is it weird that I'm happy for them?

Author:  vijita [ Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

Also, how the fork did Rory get to be 31?

Author:  Moon [ Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

vijita wrote:
Is it weird that I'm happy for them?


Yes. I find the coupling unnatural. Rory Gilmore is too good to be with Pete :(

Author:  dakini [ Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

Desdemona wrote:
Breaking news: Pete Campbell and Rory Gilmore are getting married. Because nothing says "real life romance" like a little sad, sordid, doomed, suburban affair/lobotomy roleplaying.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20/alexis-bledel-vincent-kartheiser-engaged_n_2916367.html?utm_hp_ref=tv&ir=TV


After Dexter Morgan and his on-screen sister were married in real life, my standards for weird coupling were reset. And even though I've been watching Mad Men since day 1, Pete Campbell is still Connor from Angel to me.

Author:  smoothie [ Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

vijita wrote:
Also, how the fork did Rory get to be 31?


Yes, this seems unreal to me. But I guess I used to watch GG when I lived at home as a teenager, and I moved away 8 years ago. And I can't imagine it was while I was too punk rock to do stuff like watch awesome tv shows, so it must be at least 10 years ago..

Author:  smoothie [ Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

Wow, I just googled it, Gilmore Girls is from 2000! What. I had my 11th birthday in 2000.

Author:  rachell37 [ Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

Season 6 premier this weekend!!! I'm so excited. I'm more excited about this than I was for Game of Thrones.

Also, phwoar.

Image

Author:  Desdemona [ Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

So excited! We've rewatched all five seasons over the past couple months, so we are READY, baby.

Author:  lobsteriffic [ Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

SO EXCITED!!!!

Author:  geeksweetheart [ Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

rachell37 wrote:
Season 6 premier this weekend!!! I'm so excited. I'm more excited about this than I was for Game of Thrones.

Also, phwoar.

Image


Rawr.

Also I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Joanie-as-partner storyline continues to play out.

Author:  erynne936 [ Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

So, for those of you who are better at this than me... I don't have cable. Is there a way I can watch the new season like the day after on something? Someone mentioned itunes earlier... looks like it is $35 for all of season 6? Ayeesh. :/

Author:  dakini [ Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

erynne936 wrote:
So, for those of you who are better at this than me... I don't have cable. Is there a way I can watch the new season like the day after on something? Someone mentioned itunes earlier... looks like it is $35 for all of season 6? Ayeesh. :/


Hmm, I used to have a good source for watching TV shows online, but I just checked and it is gone. Then I googled "watch mad men online" and it said a bunch of links had been blocked/removed because of the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act. So it sounds like it's getting harder to get around the clutches of cable and iTunes. I'll let you know if I hear of anything, though.

Author:  ashley [ Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

That is a very awkward picture of Jon Hamm.

Author:  littlebear [ Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

erynne936 wrote:
So, for those of you who are better at this than me... I don't have cable. Is there a way I can watch the new season like the day after on something? Someone mentioned itunes earlier... looks like it is $35 for all of season 6? Ayeesh. :/

Well, it's about $3 an episode which seems pretty fair to me, plus then you own them and can watch a million times. It's like buying the DVDs at the end of the season but you get them as they air.

Author:  erynne936 [ Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

littlebear wrote:
erynne936 wrote:
So, for those of you who are better at this than me... I don't have cable. Is there a way I can watch the new season like the day after on something? Someone mentioned itunes earlier... looks like it is $35 for all of season 6? Ayeesh. :/

Well, it's about $3 an episode which seems pretty fair to me, plus then you own them and can watch a million times. It's like buying the DVDs at the end of the season but you get them as they air.


I guess I wasn't really thinking of it as owning them. I don't own seasons 1-5 and I don't really plan to, so I guess I wish there was an option to watch season 6 for a bit less $ and not own it. So I want to rent it, I guess, but NOW! - sooner than like a year from now when it will finally hit netflix.

edited to add: I'm not really the type of person that watches things a million times. i just don't really rewatch things. i'd usually rather watch something new.

Author:  Nicole [ Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

I keep catching the trailer on YouTube and every time I just get more and more excited. aaahhhhh!

Author:  vijita [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

I think the itunes package is a pretty good deal. But then again, I would voluntarily go into debt for Jon Hamm.

Author:  littlebear [ Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mad Men

erynne936 wrote:
littlebear wrote:
erynne936 wrote:
So, for those of you who are better at this than me... I don't have cable. Is there a way I can watch the new season like the day after on something? Someone mentioned itunes earlier... looks like it is $35 for all of season 6? Ayeesh. :/

Well, it's about $3 an episode which seems pretty fair to me, plus then you own them and can watch a million times. It's like buying the DVDs at the end of the season but you get them as they air.


I guess I wasn't really thinking of it as owning them. I don't own seasons 1-5 and I don't really plan to, so I guess I wish there was an option to watch season 6 for a bit less $ and not own it. So I want to rent it, I guess, but NOW! - sooner than like a year from now when it will finally hit netflix.

edited to add: I'm not really the type of person that watches things a million times. i just don't really rewatch things. i'd usually rather watch something new.

I am a chronic rewatcher, so it is a great deal for me! I also think if I were to rent something on amazon prime it would be at least $3 and I would only have it for a little while, same with iTunes. I guess what I am saying is that it seems like a good deal and obviously way better than paying whatever cable costs for 3-4 months while mad men is airing.

Page 20 of 21 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/