| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Girl
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:11 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

RandiJM wrote:
WINSTON WOULD NOT KILL A CAT.

Yeah, no. That was totally out of character and not funny. At least he didn't actually do it.

Otherwise I liked this episode. It felt more normal - I think the weirdness of the last one was just because they were in Mexico.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:22 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I wonder if the cat is going to hang around. I could get behind a cat living in the loft.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:25 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I wasn't really bothered by the cat killing since he didn't actually do anything to kill it, like no one came in and found him dangling the cat out the window. A scene where he tries to psych himself up to it and then says "Naw, I could never kill a cat." would've been nice though.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:08 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I thought the cat thing was really funny because he didn't do it of course. Threatening to strangle a cat and then the cat plays with the noose like a string was funny to me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:00 am 
WELFARIST!

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I thought the cat thing was really funny because he didn't do it of course. Threatening to strangle a cat and then the cat plays with the noose like a string was funny to me.

I thought it was funny too. I think it's one of those things where you're so hurt that you just really want to hurt the person who hurt you...but I never thought he was really serious about killing the cat. Anyway, totally will be stoked if a smush faced cat named Ferguson (that was it, right?) chills in the loft for awhile. I was honestly way more upset about the continuation of Shmidt dating both Cici and Elizabeth. I take tv way too literally, but the fact that he's doing that makes me feel barfy, and it's not funny at all.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:19 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Yeah, I laughed a lot during the cat stuff, and I'm kind of nutty about my love for cats.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:23 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

allularpunk wrote:
I was honestly way more upset about the continuation of Shmidt dating both Cici and Elizabeth. I take tv way too literally, but the fact that he's doing that makes me feel barfy, and it's not funny at all.

No, you're right, it's totally gross and makes Schmidt look like a legit creep. He's got the douchebag jar and everything, but for all his douchey tendencies, he's generally portrayed as a good guy. Currently, not so much.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:23 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

ijustdiedinside wrote:

Yes! I found this part hysterical. It was so adorable that the cat was just playing with the string. Though, when hammers and stuff were introduced...I didn't like it so much.

I feel like Schmidt is seriously conflicted about the situation. I don't think he's doing it out of malice...he just doesn't want to hurt them. I do hate how oblivious Elizabeth and Cece are. Gimme a break! That is such a tired sitcom cliche.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:30 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh yeah it was so funny (Winston is so far the MVP of this season); it just seemed out of character! As did his serious mourning for Daisy, who we didn't really see a lot of and they portrayed her sort of as only a booty call, not a girlfriend. So it didn't work for me. But yeah the cat was adorbs playing with the noose and I hope he stays.

I love that Angela from The Office was one of the teachers! I hope there's more of her too.

And Schmidt Ugh I don't know who I want him to choose but I want him to choose already! It's probably going to blow up in his face and he'll lose both of them.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:07 pm 
WELFARIST!

RandiJM wrote:
It's probably going to blow up in his face and he'll lose both of them.

I really don't see how it could end any other way.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:31 am 
Not NOT A Furry

The cat storyline was awful, although I would also be happy if the cat itself hung around. I did like "I wouldn't even know how to begin to steal a swag!".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:45 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I absolutely hated the cat storyline. I know it's fiction and all, but if he thought it through enough to collect violent weapons, then he thought it through too far. After that scene, I tuned out during the rest of the Winston scenes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:22 pm 
Hip Goiter

One thing that was good, though, was that Nick & Jess being back in the regular environment, getting involved again in crazy antics, really helped. Their relationship worked with the show so much more.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:56 am 
WELFARIST!

Seriously, Schmidt? You're blaming Nick and Jess for your breakups? Why have they made him so unlikeable this season?

(Also, horses come from outer space *snort*)

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:08 am 
Naked Under Apron

^ Ha, that horses line was cute. "Me too!" "Okay, good."

I haven't found this show as funny as usual in these first episodes though. And yeah why are they making Schmidt so unlikeable?! I get that he's conflicted, with his low self-esteem past, but I would've rooted for either of those relationships to work out so that's kind of a bummer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:17 pm 
Hip Goiter

Schmidt's mission to sabotage Jess & Nick better not last beyond the first 5 minutes of the next episode, because it's really lame and out of character I think. He's being such a non-pillow.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:19 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

RandiJM wrote:
Schmidt's mission to sabotage Jess & Nick better not last beyond the first 5 minutes of the next episode, because it's really lame and out of character I think. He's being such a non-pillow.

Agreed! Apart from that twist at the end, I thought this episode was unusually good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:30 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I laughed out loud a lot during this episode! the beginning with winston and ferguson! winston and ferguson going to split some pasta! (or whatever he said).
"jess, you know so many lines from spaceball!"
"are we finally going to do no-kiss sex?"

schmidt it obviously being douchy, but i don't think it's going to consume too much more of the show. i just hope cece meets someone awesome and i hope neither of them get back together with him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:48 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Schmidt's vendetta against Nick and Jess aside, this episode was great. Winston singing to the cat and "I believe horses are from outer space" especially. I hope they don't actually drag this thing out all season and end up breaking them up, because I feel like it would be super out of character for Schmidt to actually try to hurt his friends.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:51 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oh man. Loving this show so much this season! I had no problems with the cat thing or with Schmidt being a douche! I just caught up and watched the last two in a row and dang, I laughed a lot (admittedly, mostly because of Winston still but some at Nick and Jess for sure). And yessssss to smush face cat living in the loft!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:24 am 
WELFARIST!

Winston and the cat is a golden setup. Adorable. And Nick and Jess's relationship is pretty adorable and funny as well. I like them together even more than I thought I would!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:58 am 
Naked Under Apron

I loved when Nick was like "I don't know what to do with this information!" And Schmidt said "Well it really helped me to tell you. You should tell someone."

Winston + Ferguson is pretty great.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:16 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I think Schmidt's declaration to break Jess and Nick up was just a hurt reaction to losing two people that he did have genuine feelings for. My prediction is that he'll be vindictive for a short time, break down, and then things will be "back to normal".

Jess and Nick at the end was the best part of the episode!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:15 am 
Level 7 Vegan

This episode was SO much better than the last two. It felt like the show I've loved for two seasons, and I'm super happy about that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:11 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I could not stop laughing at this:
"I owe you 100 dollars"
"Oh HELL NO. That's...supposed to be a 10."

I love this season. Season of Winston!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next