| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:34 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I thought we knew that Tate was the rubberman. There was that one scene where he scared Violet in it...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:18 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

IsaChandra wrote:
I thought we knew that Tate was the rubberman. There was that one scene where he scared Violet in it...

Right, but he said that he found the outfit outside in the trash.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:33 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I think Tate wearing the rubber suit was to throw people off.

As for Moira's age, I'm starting to wonder if I need to flip my thinking. Maybe it's women who see her differently? Because all the ghosts, so far, appear the age they were when they died. But I kept thinking the men were seeing something different...when it has to be the women. Now, I'm forking confused.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:44 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Violet sees old Moira!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:13 am 

I think it's weird that Constance sees old Moira since she thinks she's a "slut." I mean if it's an issue of seeing what you want to see, why wouldn't Constance see her as young and sexy, since her feelings about her haven't changed over the years? At what point did Constance start seeing the older Moira? Is Old Moira a punishment that Constance had somehow organized? Maybe she's punishing her any way she can

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:03 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

takecare wrote:
really? i thought the coffee meet up happened within the first few episodes.

it was episode 4, part one of halloween.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:31 pm 
Nailed to the V

OMG! I finally realize where I've seen Evan Peters before. He was on Phil of the Future, way back when I had cable tv. So awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq5cYoEC8nY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:24 pm 

Peri wrote:
OMG! I finally realize where I've seen Evan Peters before. He was on Phil of the Future, way back when I had cable tv. So awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq5cYoEC8nY

Now this song is stuck in my head! Was this from like 10 years ago?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:41 pm 

I bet rubber man is Dermot Mulroney!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:50 pm 

I mean Dylan McDermott. God.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:27 pm 
Tofu Pup

Have we seen Constance's husband/boyfriend/guy-she-shot-in the-bedroom as a ghost yet? Maybe he's Rubber Man.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:04 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Rubber Man could be the doctor who built the house. Maybe he wants a new baby. I cringed when the mom (I can never remember her name) jokingly mentioned hooves at her appointment, but it's all so Rosemary's Baby... And anyway, what exactly did he do to his own child? We've only seen tiny parts, especially in the Halloween episode(?), right after he was dissecting that piglet. So did he sew pig body parts to the baby?
Also, who exactly is the guy on the attic? He's Constance's son, but --- meh, I always call him Russell --- burned-face-man seemed to know him very well too, and he couldn't be their son. Not according to the timeline in my head.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:08 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

So if burned guy not dead? He has his own apartment... but Constance was in the basement calling for him as if waiting for him to appear.

I like the idea of Rubber Man being Constance's first husband. I don't feel like it's Tate because they want us to think it is. Also, he couldn't get it up at the beach... unless that has something to do with not being at the house. I bet Rubber Man is going to try sexy time with Violet, with her thinking it's Tate, but then it won't be, and Tate will go crazy and try to protect her. I don't know.

And Vivian's masterbation scene was funny. Does anyone take time to dim the lights, light some candles, turn on sexy music, all for a little self love?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:48 am 
Nailed to the V

ericaj wrote:
So if burned guy not dead? He has his own apartment... but Constance was in the basement calling for him as if waiting for him to appear.

I like the idea of Rubber Man being Constance's first husband. I don't feel like it's Tate because they want us to think it is. Also, he couldn't get it up at the beach... unless that has something to do with not being at the house. I bet Rubber Man is going to try sexy time with Violet, with her thinking it's Tate, but then it won't be, and Tate will go crazy and try to protect her. I don't know.

And Vivian's masterbation scene was funny. Does anyone take time to dim the lights, light some candles, turn on sexy music, all for a little self love?

I think I missed ep 2 and a whole lot of what you're talking about. There's a man in the attic? Constance knows burning man? crepe.

I hate it when they kill off characters that make the show great. Like they did on Lost. Why kill the fascinating characters like Addie but they keep Hayden?

And if Tate's character leaves the show then I have no reason to watch anymore. It seems to me that the family and Violet are going to deal with one ghost problem per season because I can't see how they can make this a long running series. Next season will be about the gay ghosts and getting rid of them. All speculation. But if they get rid of Tate that'll be the dumbest move ever. Tate & Violet 4evah.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:02 pm 

I'm beginning to wonder if the "rules" are a lie, like they are on the Vampire Diaries. I wonder if it is possible for ghosts to leave the property or at least for some ghosts to. I just don't feel like Larry is alive. Larry and Constance lived together after the fire, I believe, so that's how he knew Beau so well. The flashbacks weren't done in order. The fire that Larry got burned in had something to do with his shame (maybe a punishment for cheating with Moira or something).

I actually hope that Hugo isn't Rubber Man, because that seems too boring. I really want it to be Tate, but that seems way too obvious and yet wouldn't make much sense either. Oh how I wish.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:56 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Phoenix wrote:
Rubber Man could be the doctor who built the house. Maybe he wants a new baby.

I like this theory.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:55 pm 
Saggy Butt

Phoenix wrote:
And anyway, what exactly did he do to his own child? We've only seen tiny parts, especially in the Halloween episode(?), right after he was dissecting that piglet. So did he sew pig body parts to the baby?

That was my assumption. Or at least that's how it appeared.

This show is so forked up and confusing. I like it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:26 pm 

Whoever Rubberman is, doesn't he have to be super athletic?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:04 pm 
protein lump

Peri wrote:
ericaj wrote:

I think I missed ep 2 and a whole lot of what you're talking about. There's a man in the attic? Constance knows burning man? crepe.

that was all in this past episode.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:31 am 

AhHh! Best ep yet. I love that they're moving the story along. AND I TOLE YOUSE TATE WAS THE RUBBERMAN. If you post in this thread you have to say "Thank you Isa for telling us that Tate was the rubberman. We were wrong. You were right. You have nice hair."

I love this show. And I think Violet is dead. She hasn't been to school in 2 weeks? Dead.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:51 am 

Tate was on my list, but I thought they were trying to trick us! I was really glad that it was him. I'm confused though... how did he get an erection and sperm? He's a GHOST. I guess he's just a demon thing.

So either Tate was telling the audience that he and Violet had sex or he was asking about her cutting. I'll go with sex. Which leads me to the next question. Did Viv find the rubber mask before or after that scene? I'm wondering if Tate can only have an erection while wearing that suit.

Tate must know he's dead. There's also something going on with his personality. After the Viv scene, he took off his mask and looked both happy/evil and upset. And that's not the first time that has happened. Possessed?

I hate Hayden and want her gone.

I hate Violet possibly being dead.

I was hoping that Luke was the Internet dude that Patrick was flirting with.

Moira is my second favorite ghost. She's so sweet.

Poor Chad! It was hard to hate Patrick too much though, because he's Kmart ASkars.

The preview for next week looks absolutely terrible. I understand that they're trying to do all the horror homages, but this is my least favorite one and I hate movies that deal with it. And if it's the overlying theme, then we'll have to deal with it for the rest of the season. NOOOOOOOOOO

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:15 am 

mixmaster_mo wrote:

As for Moira's age, I'm starting to wonder if I need to flip my thinking. Maybe it's women who see her differently? Because all the ghosts, so far, appear the age they were when they died. But I kept thinking the men were seeing something different...when it has to be the women. Now, I'm forking confused.

I think Moira controls how people see her.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:46 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

IsaChandra wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:

I think Moira controls how people see her.

I think that's a possibility, but that would mean that older Moira is a liar. It just doesn't go with what we know about her.

I thought of something. Tate needed to get the rubber suit from the trash. Why? Does that mean that all of his outfits are real then? Where does he keep them? If the rubber suit is a real item, then how does he make it invisible?

**Oops, this is bastah

The above has probably offended you. I have found it impossible to post to these forums without offending someone. I have preemptively said 25 hail seitans in the hope that I may appease the ppk gods and not be smote from these boards.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:51 pm 

I don't see how that makes Moira a liar? Or how, if she were a liar, that would be out of character? She's biting off penises. Can lying be far behind?

And whatever the ghost is wearing becomes invisible. That's how being a ghost works.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:44 pm 

IsaChandra wrote:
I don't see how that makes Moira a liar? Or how, if she were a liar, that would be out of character? She's biting off penises. Can lying be far behind?

And whatever the ghost is wearing becomes invisible. That's how being a ghost works.

It's true that killing and biting off penises wouldn't make it too shocking that she's a liar. She just seems so prudish and man-hating, so if she wants men to see her the other way, then her old self lies to women about who she really is. But I suppose she has to lie to let them keep her around.

But usually ghosts where ghost clothing. This was real clothing!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next