| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:00 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

shortbus wrote:
I thought of something. Tate needed to get the rubber suit from the trash. Why? Does that mean that all of his outfits are real then? Where does he keep them? If the rubber suit is a real item, then how does he make it invisible?

**Oops, this is bastah

I thought he just told Violet he got it from the trash because she asked how he got it. I didn't think he really got it from the trash.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:18 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

ismloveyoubobbybrown wrote:
shortbus wrote:
I thought of something. Tate needed to get the rubber suit from the trash. Why? Does that mean that all of his outfits are real then? Where does he keep them? If the rubber suit is a real item, then how does he make it invisible?

**Oops, this is bastah

I thought he just told Violet he got it from the trash because she asked how he got it. I didn't think he really got it from the trash.

On Wednesday's ep, there was a flashback that showed him getting it. Maybe he did that so that Vivien wouldn't be suspicious?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:28 pm 

ha. probably shouldn't participate when i'm so far behind. episodes go up 8 days after air on hulu AND i'm an episode behind on that.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:43 pm 

ismloveyoubobbybrown wrote:
ha. probably shouldn't participate when i'm so far behind. episodes go up 8 days after air on hulu AND i'm an episode behind on that.

Sorry! There's a lot going on in this show and people always miss little things (the trash can flashback was about a second long with no audio, so you could have sneezed and missed it), so I didn't know if that was the case or not.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:20 pm 

ha. no, i open this thread knowing there are spoilers. i just feel silly trying to comment on theories when i clearly am not up to speed enough to have an opinion.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:57 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Add me to the list of people who think Violet is dead. Also when are we going to find out about Constance's fourth child? Is s/he alive or dead? Inquiring minds want to know.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:08 am 

boychucker wrote:
Add me to the list of people who think Violet is dead. Also when are we going to find out about Constance's fourth child? Is s/he alive or dead? Inquiring minds want to know.

Spoiler: show
Ryan says "We’ve seen three of Constance’s children — will we see the fourth?

We’ve talked about that, and we’ve talked about “Who is the fourth?” We of course know who that is. Yes I think you probably will, but maybe that’s a mystery I don’t want solved."

In another interview, he said:

"She mentions her other children to Vivian — will we see the other kids?

Yes. You see all of them.

Will they be seen in present day? Or flashbacks?

You see them all in present day and apparently she’s hiding some nasty secrets.

Even nastier than the mirror room she locked Adelaide in tonight?

Yes. In episode seven, we meet one of her children who I believe is our most horrifying addition to the American Horror Story family yet."

Only one of her kids turned out perfect, which is Tate. It sounds like we've met the other child already, but that they're not telling us who it is. Or we will meet the other child and they won't tell us. I have to wonder if Ryan really knows or if he'll change his mind (he seems to make crepe up all the time or make story changes out of nowhere).

Somewhere there was a picture of Addie holding the hand of a younger girl who also had down's syndrome. That could be her. I was wondering if it was Travis, but she only had one perfect child.

He could mean that it gets solved second season (he said that the season finale will let us know what the second season will be about). Or he could mean that we'll never find out.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:36 pm 
protein lump

i love love LOVE that violet is dead (probably). no school in 2 weeks plus when she and viv tried to leave the other ghosts scared them back inside.

i really want to know what's going on with the realtor. she knows more than she's telling. when vivian was pretending to have her little pregnant moment the realtor said something along the lines of "don't have these babies now" or "dont have these babies here." i think it was supposed to seem like an "ew! babies!" thing, but it came out more like "don't have the babies IN THIS HOUSE."

i really think this is such a fan-freaking-tastic show. the only thing that made me sad was crazy/mean/weird tate. i miss my grunge-y adorable tate.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:21 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I loved the last episode so much that I watched it again last night! So, are we clear on the Tate's motive for killing people? At the end, the maid said something about him having a need to please the women of the house. Is that the only reason, and if so, why does it please the women when he kills people? Is it just so that she can have a baby? Did he kill the gay couple because they broke up therefore the potential for a baby in the house was gone? And if someone in the house does have a baby, do the ghosts kill it? That will be interesting to find out.

Whenever Hayden killed that guy when they were having sex, were they in the house? I assume they were since she can't leave. Who was he? Was he Constance's boyfriend dude? And, is he dead now and also haunting the house?

I was pretty sure that violet was dead until the end when Tate made the comment about both of the men dying and being able to be together forever. Then the maid said something like "you know what you have to do" and he agreed, which to me meant kill Violet so that they could also be together forever.

I wonder what will happen to Vivien now that she isn't in the house anymore. And, if she has the baby outside of the house, do the ghosts still get to have it?

I love that they used the term "gas lighting" in this episode!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:34 pm 

sunnybear wrote:
I loved the last episode so much that I watched it again last night! So, are we clear on the Tate's motive for killing people? At the end, the maid said something about him having a need to please the women of the house. Is that the only reason, and if so, why does it please the women when he kills people? Is it just so that she can have a baby? Did he kill the gay couple because they broke up therefore the potential for a baby in the house was gone? And if someone in the house does have a baby, do the ghosts kill it? That will be interesting to find out.

Tate has a soft spot for sad women, because of his own life and being able to relate, so he wants to appease them. It's hard for him to see people suffer (yeeeeeeah, I won't comment on that.). He doesn't kill to appease; he kills as a means to get them what they want. He did only kill the gay couple so that a new couple would move in.

sunnybear wrote:
Whenever Hayden killed that guy when they were quietly playing chess, were they in the house? I assume they were since she can't leave. Who was he? Was he Constance's boyfriend dude? And, is he dead now and also haunting the house?

That was Constance's husband who she had killed when she had killed Moira. Hugo is STILL a cheater even in death. He's still haunting the house since Hayden was sleeping with him in the house.

sunnybear wrote:
I was pretty sure that violet was dead until the end when Tate made the comment about both of the men dying and being able to be together forever. Then the maid said something like "you know what you have to do" and he agreed, which to me meant kill Violet so that they could also be together forever.

I had a different interpretation. More that he had to shoot the couple to make it look like a suicide. Now there are two possible reasons for that 1. So that Tate won't know he's dead and to make him believe the lie more 2. It will be harder to get new people to move in if there was a murder in the house (the real estate agency only had to disclose incidents that happened within the last 3 years). I didn't think it was anything more than that. But I guess we'll find out if she was talking about Violet.

sunnybear wrote:
I wonder what will happen to Vivien now that she isn't in the house anymore. And, if she has the baby outside of the house, do the ghosts still get to have it?

The ghosts will get the babies, because Ben will be living in the house with Violet, and the babies would go to him.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:44 pm 

Is Violet dead?

Spoiler: show
The synopsis for next week's ep says that Violet learns the rules of the house. Sounds pretty dead to me.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:36 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I speculate that the reason Viv is going to stay in the house is because she finds out that Violet is a ghost and she wants to be there with her.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:58 pm 

Yeah, but if Violet is actually dead, where's her body? I presume that, since Tate went to the trouble to make the couple's death look like a suicide, the bodies don't just evaporate into thin air once they've died on the property. Or maybe instead of playing with a ghost, Violet was just ricocheting that red ball off her dead body in a not-so-subtle way to show her dad where her cadaver lies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:29 pm 

I assume her body is somewhere in there! Since no one thinks she's dead there's been no reason to look for it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:31 pm 

I'm no scientist, but wouldn't that smell bloody awful?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:35 pm 

On the other hand, if neither parent realizes their kid hasn't gone to school in two weeks (pretty sure the administrators would have called the parents after their daughter hadn't shown up in a few days rather than let her absence continue for so long) and the mom is eating raw brains, anything can happen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:38 pm 

Well, it's probably buried, not just layin' around devil may care.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 pm 

"Oh my god. We'd been stepping on her abdomen as we descended the staircase every morning for the past two weeks."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:54 pm 

Maybe the brain and other body parts were from Violet

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:09 am 

Someone pointed out something interesting... the fact that Hayden said that Vivien *has* a daughter. Hayden would know for a fact if Violet was dead or not. It could have been an oversight or just knowledge of the fact that as long as Viv is in the house, she has her daughter.

Why does Violet keep apologizing and saying it's all her fault? I thought it was because she knows she's dead and regrets it, but that can't be it. The whole "the darkness has me" thing happened after she slit her throat, but then she went to the empty pool and got pills. Unless Constance's "transition" comment means something and Violet was a ghost and could leave the house until the transition was over.

I feel like this show really has no twists or turns and that it's very "What you see, is what you get," so I wonder why this is different. I'm thinking that it would be the most shocking if she was alive, so she's gotta be dead since this show doesn't really do the whole shocking twist thing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:53 am 

We're 3 episodes behind here in Aus... What I want to know is, if Tate killed those kids approx. 16 years ago (since one of the girls said she should be 32 y. o. now) why is he dressed in modern clothes with a contemporary haircut, but other ghosts such as the nurses & brothers from the 70s are still dressed as they were when they were alive? Aaaand...why do some of the dead display the injuries that killed them (such as Nora), & others not??

Another thing that often bugs me with ghost stories is that people who were perfectly nice & reasonable when they were alive, are suddenly really mean when they're ghosts (like Chad, who didn't seem like such a bad guy in the flashback, but is now behaving like a total arse).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:58 am 

Karena wrote:
We're 3 episodes behind here in Aus... What I want to know is, if Tate killed those kids approx. 16 years ago (since one of the girls said she should be 32 y. o. now) why is he dressed in modern clothes with a contemporary haircut, but other ghosts such as the nurses & brothers from the 70s are still dressed as they were when they were alive? Aaaand...why do some of the dead display the injuries that killed them (such as Nora), & others not??

Another thing that often bugs me with ghost stories is that people who were perfectly nice & reasonable when they were alive, are suddenly really mean when they're ghosts (like Chad, who didn't seem like such a bad guy in the flashback, but is now behaving like a total arse).

My theory is that those who don't know that they are dead will have their wounds since they can't make themselves appear any other way since they don't know that they have that ability. People who know that they're dead can appear any way they want. The Dead Breakfast Club wanted their wounds to show since they were confronting Tate.

Tate dresses like Kurt Cobain in my opinion, so I feel like his clothes do reek of the '90s.

I also think that maybe the ghosts who know they're dead are bitter and are bisque-y like Hayden. They know what happened to them and their deaths are unsolved. Also, they can't get off of the property!

**I'm a little obsessed with this show, so I always have something to say

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:06 am 
protein lump

yeah, i think tate absolutely looks like some grungey kid i would have had a mega-crush on in high school.

*i would have been a freshman in 1994 when he went on his murder spree

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:11 am 

Do we know how Tate died yet, because he doesn't appear to have any injuries? I still don't think he looks mid-90s enough, but you could be right! Interesting theory!

I think the student nurses are aware that they're dead, since they played a part in the killing of the home invaders (pretty out of character for their living selves), but they're still in their uniforms, yet not displaying any injuries of being stabbed/drowned. Hayden on the other hand, knows she's dead (& where she's buried), & appeared covered in dirt & looking a little beaten up, but not as much as she should having been whacked in the face with a shovel.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:30 am 

Karena wrote:
Do we know how Tate died yet, because he doesn't appear to have any injuries? I still don't think he looks mid-90s enough, but you could be right! Interesting theory!

Maybe it's a regional difference? Because I look at Tate and I can practically smell the Zima on his breath.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next