| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

esme wrote:
i forgot to mention last week that i thought it was kind of lame that they brought the black dahlia into it. i mean, the show is awesome and all the murders are awesome and they needed to bring in a famous murder? meh.

I was totally wondering this! I caught on when they said Elizabeth Short, but I didn't like that they just changed an actual murder to fit into the storyline.

But I was so super glad that Violet was dead! Awesome move. And the reveal of her dead body was seriously gross. Naturally, I loved it.

What I'm not getting is why there are differing rules for ghosts. Why is Larry's family charred? Why were those shot up kids still bloody? Some ghosts still show their wounds while others don't. It doesn't make sense to me. I hope there is an actual reason.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:09 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

mixmaster_mo wrote:
esme wrote:
i forgot to mention last week that i thought it was kind of lame that they brought the black dahlia into it. i mean, the show is awesome and all the murders are awesome and they needed to bring in a famous murder? meh.

I was totally wondering this! I caught on when they said Elizabeth Short, but I didn't like that they just changed an actual murder to fit into the storyline.

But I was so super glad that Violet was dead! Awesome move. And the reveal of her dead body was seriously gross. Naturally, I loved it.

What I'm not getting is why there are differing rules for ghosts. Why is Larry's family charred? Why were those shot up kids still bloody? Some ghosts still show their wounds while others don't. It doesn't make sense to me. I hope there is an actual reason.

I still think that if ghosts know they're dead, they can control how they look. Larry's family wanted him to see them like that, so that he could see what he did to them, and as a result of that, he plead guilty to Travis' murder. They wanted him to pay. I don't know if the girls know that they're dead though, but their mother must.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:07 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I don't know, I don't demand steadfast ghost rules in a tv show about a haunted house.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:13 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I kinda like the Black Dahlia theme, especially considering the house is in the LA area and connected to weird, mysterious murderers. I was in LA once and went on one of those cheesy tours and learned more about odd, Hollywood deaths (of famous and non-famous persons) and I think it's very fitting.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:46 pm 

I can't decide if I want a whole new story (which would mean a new house, right?) or a continuation of this one or a something in between. A new family moving in? Maybe the whole McDermott family dying and being in the next season as ghosts?

Also, I wonder if Addie will return to the storyline?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:09 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

IsaChandra wrote:
Also, I wonder if Addie will return to the storyline?

I hope so! I love that character!

I kinda want the show to move on to a new house with a different history. I think that would be fun. Of course, there's a lot they still haven't explored with this one.

Anybody know how many episodes are left in this season?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:12 pm 

There are two episodes left. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A new story doesn't necessarily mean a new house. It could be something completely different that is scary, which means that season 2 could be about anything. Although, Murphy said that the finale of this season will make us know exactly what next season will be about. I think he's usually on crack though, so we might not have any idea.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:06 pm 
protein lump

bastah wrote:
There are two episodes left. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

whoa. i'm going to hate waiting for the second season!

i'd like to see a different family with the mcdermott's gone but the same house with the same ghosts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:21 pm 

Did you see that "Constance" was trending last night?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:36 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

i thought this was a good episode, but i thought the big reveal of violet being dead – especially with the flashbacks to the overdose scene – was too "hey, you must be real stupid, so let me walk you through this".

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:56 pm 

takecare wrote:
i thought this was a good episode, but i thought the big reveal of violet being dead – especially with the flashbacks to the overdose scene – was too "hey, you must be real stupid, so let me walk you through this".

Ryan Murphy said (I know too much about this show) that he was surprised that there were fans who had figured it out. Didn't just about everyone?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:10 am 

I'm not positive I would have known if it weren't for the PPK. But I also wasn't annoyed because it wasn't totally dragged out, a la this season of Dexter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:44 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Violet's corpse made me turn all the lights on in the entire first floor of the house. I never get scared like that from TV!
I'd previously thought it was clear that Violet was dead because they purposely left whether or not she'd ultimately thrown up enough pills to survive ambiguous. Then she got left out of a few episodes and people started mentioning that she hadn't been to school, and it was like they were putting up a 'HEY Y'ALL SHE'S DEAD' billboard and shining spotlights on it.. but then they had to walk us through what happened in an entirely new episode, again?
I felt genuinely unsettled by her reaction to seeing herself dead. That whole scene kind of got under my skin, actually. I don't know if there's ever been another television show where one of the main characters (chronically?) self-injured and then completed a suicide. Tough on my nerves.

I hope Addie comes back because she's awesome. More Addie and much, much less girl-under-the-gazebo, please.

I like how they accentuate Vivian's trip to the mental hospital by not removing anything from her room that she could hang/otherwise hurt herself with, but simply taking all her makeup off. You know, like a crazy person! Doesn't anyone in the entire hospital recognize her from Friday Night Lights?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:01 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

IsaChandra wrote:
I'm not positive I would have known if it weren't for the PPK. But I also wasn't annoyed because it wasn't totally dragged out, a la this season of Dexter.

I feel the same way. I was pretty clueless that Violet may have been dead until I started reading the wisdom of the PPK. Now it seems very obvious and once someone on here mentioned she hadn't been to school in two weeks, it clicked. Then the episode where her father asked Moira to make a sandwich for Violet because she wouldn't come out of her room also seemed to confirm it for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:29 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yeah I don't know that I would've figured out violet was dead either unless I read this thread. But who knows. Even though I knew violet was dead, I liked how the show spelled it out for you. It was nice to see how the situation all went down. I was very surprised violet's body was in the crawl space!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:09 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Fantastic episode. Interesting to see the real reason why Larry's face is burned because I always assumed it happened in the house fire. Tate was sure busy that day. I'm so torn on his character. One minute he comes off as incredibly sweet and lonely and then the next he's creepy, violent and evil.

The acting on all their parts was outstandingly impressive as well as the makeup and special effects. This show keeps on amazing me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:17 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah. I think my love of Tate is completely over after seeing the Larry thing. I was just really disturbed by that. Plus, I'm really starting to think his love for Violet has gone from sweet to obsessive.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:22 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I'm actually a little concerned about my psyche due to the fact I still have a strong, undying love for Tate.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:59 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

luckyklutz wrote:
I'm actually a little concerned about my psyche due to the fact I still have a strong, undying love for Tate.

Haha, same. My friend came into my dorm room yesterday when I was watching the newest episode (I've been buying them on Amazon cause I am way too impatient to wait for them to go online at FX haha), and I was explaining the show to her. I told her how Tate had killed a bunch a people and raped Violet's mom and she was now pregnant with one of his kids, "but I still love him cause he is freaking adorable."

Her: "So, let me get this straight. You're in love with a psychopath?"
Me: "But he's so cute and sweet!"

hahaha, there is probably something wrong with me for that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:22 pm 

mixmaster_mo wrote:
Yeah. I think my love of Tate is completely over after seeing the Larry thing. I was just really disturbed by that. Plus, I'm really starting to think his love for Violet has gone from sweet to obsessive.

Don't you guys know how to compartmentalize, disassociate and have selective memories? Forget about the Larry thing!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:34 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Well, he also murdered Zachary Quinto, which you just don't do if you want to stay on my good side!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:58 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Do we know about the creepy basement demon thing? I'm rewatching and remember if that was explained or not.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:40 am 
Wal-Mart's White Knight

Is there such a things as too many ghosts and ghouls? We're a couple of episodes behind down here, and already it's like, "Oh, look, another dead person" every five minutes. I realize this is kinda the basic premise of the show, but they're only a traveling vacuum salesman and a pair of Girl Scouts away from posting NO VACANCY over the basement door.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:53 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

luckyklutz wrote:
Do we know about the creepy basement demon thing? I'm rewatching and remember if that was explained or not.

Spoiler: show
I don't remember if it was explained on the show or not, but it's apparently called the "Infantata" and is suppose to be Nora and Charles baby he sewed back together. That thing is pretty much the only part of the show that's scared me. I'm terrified of clowns, and that thing is what clowns look like in my head (yes, I realize clowns don't actually look like that :P), so when I saw it during the first episode I was up all night hahaha.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:52 am 

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
I just started this series and all I have to say is that maid......holy moly, I cant even concentrate on the show

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next