| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:07 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I liked it - it is creepy in a suspenseful way. I am not into horror so I cannot compare it to a lot of stuff.

I wonder if baby's daddy is bondage gear guy!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:13 am 
Huffs Nooch

I was like "what the fizzle" the whole time. It's crazier than most haunted house movies since it's shorter they have to pack in all the crazies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:39 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

So awesome and so many more questions! Sooo do we think that Tate is/was Constance's son and that she wants him to get help? Remember when Ben was turning on the burners and she told him it wasn't his time. I think she wants Ben around to help him and I think he wants to be helped. Are there secret passageways in the house and maybe connecting the two houses? Tate said that his mom sleeps around (we saw that) and Constance talked about how one of her children waaas her gift. Also, the maid used to work for Constance! Maybe in the haunted house? The maid slept with her husband, so she offed her? Constance got pregnant with ghost spawn in the house and that's how she got children with interesting abilities?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:22 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

It's really what the fizzle. I mean like really. I'm equal parts confused and horrified.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:24 am 
protein lump

yeah, i liked this episode a lot better since it was more streamlined and wasn't all wacked out all over the place like the first one. i mean, it was still weird and wacky, but there was more of a storyline.

i'm still not sure what tate's deal is. i wouldn't be surprised if he was constance's son. i'm just not sure whether he's alive? i'm not convinced that any of them are since we've learned that the maid is dead (reanimated?).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 am 

Super mild spoilers for the next several episodes
Spoiler: show
From EW:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/12/american-horror-story-ryan-murphy-home-invasion/#more-61241

Why is Constance trying to poison Violet?
Well Violet is sort of causing problems for Constance’s grand master plan, which is revealed I believe in episode 5. It has something to do with Tate. American’s feel good Romeo & Juliet couple [laughs]!

So we’ll see Hayden again, I’m assuming?
The interesting thing for that is I always like to leave a little room for surprise. Hayden comes in and certain things happen to her and Kate Mara was so outstanding in the part that we just keep writing her in the writing room. The same with Lily Rabe as Nora [who plays one of the former owners of the house and pops up in next week's episode, "Murder House"]. They just kill their scenes so much and the writers love writing for those women so we just keep bringing them back.

The guy that Constance was with — was he supposed to be a hustler?
Uh, I do believe that Constance is not above paying for it now and again. No, but it’s established that Travis is her boyfriend who started off as her handyman. But I think Constance would only hire young, really good looking people to work for her.

So we’ll see him again?
Oh yeah. He’s back for more.

She mentions her other children to Vivian — will we see the other kids?
Yes. You see all of them.

Will they be seen in present day? Or flashbacks?
You see them all in present day and apparently she’s hiding some nasty secrets.

Even nastier than the mirror room she locked Adelaide in tonight?
Yes. In episode seven, we meet one of her children who I believe is our most horrifying addition to the American Horror Story family yet.

YES! I can't wait to see the rest of Constance's children!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:40 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I have trouble taking shows seriously when they have cryurbation scenes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:50 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

i just watched this last night. creepy!

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:51 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I actually liked the second episode! The opening sequence with the nurses was really well done! I'm super effing confused with Frances Conroy's character, though. Is she old in crazy Jessica Lange's house, but young in the other house? Or does Dylan McDermott's character just see the young version?

Also, is that crazy psychotic kid alive or is he a demon/spirit of some kind? So many questions.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:32 pm 

mixmaster_mo wrote:
I actually liked the second episode! The opening sequence with the nurses was really well done! I'm super effing confused with Frances Conroy's character, though. Is she old in crazy Jessica Lange's house, but young in the other house? Or does Dylan McDermott's character just see the young version?

Also, is that crazy psychotic kid alive or is he a demon/spirit of some kind? So many questions.

Maybe he's a medium and can channel the dead, but he uses it for evil instead of good. I think men probably are the only ones that see the younger maid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:19 pm 

Holy cow. Second episode scarier than first!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:57 am 

What a sad ep! And so much character development! So many shows could learn something from this one about that.

So... can ghosts age? My thoughts are that women see the maid as she would currently look and men see the ghostly perfect looking maid. Is the maid just out for revenge against men?

So Constance did live in the Murder House! I knew it! That might explain that "cursed womb" of hers.

It seems that Tate can't leave the Murder House. Maybe that's one reason why Constance always comes by? Maybe to see her other kids too? Like the one that Addie was playing with in the basement?

I guess burned up guy is a ghost? Or maybe his tumor is impairing his judgment.

Do you think that Hayden's ghost will try to hurt Ben or try to tell Vivian about what happened?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:08 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I'm looking forward to tonights episode.

Side note: Any True Blood fans notice that the burned guy is last seasons King of Louisiana?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:15 am 

Peri wrote:
bastah wrote:
IMDB says that Zachary Quinto was in this ep, but it doesn't say who he played. Did you see him?

Maybe he was the guy in the all leather suit?

I think you're right! Zachary is in the promo for next week's ep and so is the vinyl suit!

The next ep looks like the best one yet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:55 am 

I haven't watched this latest episode yet, but was the anti-choice stuff as prevalent as this makes it seem (spoilers)?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:08 am 

pastabake wrote:
I haven't watched this latest episode yet, but was the anti-choice stuff as prevalent as this makes it seem (spoilers)?

Wow. I think people see what they want to see. I could probably write the exact same thing about any random episode of any show you hand to me. A woman in the '20s got an abortion on the show. The TWENTIES. Probably not as acceptable back then and it was really difficult to get one, and I'm sure that there weren't easy methods to perform the abortion. She had already decided to get the abortion and to make her woozy for the procedure (so she wouldn't be screaming in agony, because it was probably unpleasant/painful), she was given something to drink to knock her out a bit. But I wonder if the women were killed? I think they only focused on that story since Vivian is pregnant and that story affected her. Also, it's only a glimpse into the history of the doctor who did the abortions. I'm sure there's much more to his history in the house. Like his creations.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:00 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

bastah wrote:
pastabake wrote:

Wow. I think people see what they want to see. I could probably write the exact same thing about any random episode of any show you hand to me. A woman in the '20s got an abortion on the show. The TWENTIES. Probably not as acceptable back then and it was really difficult to get one, and I'm sure that there weren't easy methods to perform the abortion. She had already decided to get the abortion and to make her woozy for the procedure (so she wouldn't be screaming in agony, because it was probably unpleasant/painful), she was given something to drink to knock her out a bit. But I wonder if the women were killed? I think they only focused on that story since Vivian is pregnant and that story affected her. Also, it's only a glimpse into the history of the doctor who did the abortions. I'm sure there's much more to his history in the house. Like his creations.

agreed. i didn't get that from the abortion scene either. i mean, the show is called American Horror Story, so they are obviously going to be taking every day scenarios and making them as horrific as possible. a young woman getting an abortion in a basement by some creepy scientist?... yea that's pretty creepy. BUT it's a far stretch to say that scene implies that ALL abortion doctors are creeps just out to scam women out of their money.

that being said, this episode really made me sad. so now i'm gonna go watch Modern Family.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:20 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

What the forkity fork did I just watch? I'm still really confused. I also don't really know names yet. I like that I finally understand the maid's storyline. But this show is really weird. And I am forever creeped out the next time I see somebody build a gazebo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:54 pm 

Why on shows do characters not have the Internet or phones when they need them?

The Internet would be sooooo helpful. They could Google the Murder House. Also, Ben could Google to check Larry's back story to see what actually happened. Then he'd know if Larry's story checks out, or if he's a ghost, or if he's just a figment of Ben's imagination. I am kind of liking the theory about Larry (I think that's his name) being fake. It would explain why Larry was trying to get him out of the house before (Ben's own instincts about the house) and now is trying to get him to stay (the gazebo and his new attitude--a result of being stuck in the house and having to make do and convince himself that it's for the best).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:50 pm 

takecare wrote:
bastah wrote:
pastabake wrote:

agreed. i didn't get that from the abortion scene either. i mean, the show is called American Horror Story, so they are obviously going to be taking every day scenarios and making them as horrific as possible. a young woman getting an abortion in a basement by some creepy scientist?... yea that's pretty creepy. BUT it's a far stretch to say that scene implies that ALL abortion doctors are creeps just out to scam women out of their money.

that being said, this episode really made me sad. so now i'm gonna go watch Modern Family.

Gooood. I didn't want to have to stop watching.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:37 pm 

I just watched ep 2. For some reason it takes about a week for the new ones to show up on Demand.

The nurse thing was creepy. The 20 - something killer would-bes annoyed me - they seemed cult like though.

It seems like certain characters are psychic or things just end up working out really well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:52 pm 

missmuffcake wrote:

It seems like certain characters are psychic or things just end up working out really well.

Fo' real. Was Violet supposed to eat the cupcakes or was she supposed to feed them to the killers? Me thinks we'll know within the next few episodes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:07 pm 

Ya - totally the whole cupcake thing!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:40 am 

Such a good ep!

Is Violet just on her date with Tate? If Violet dies, I'm going to be PISSED.

I had totally predicted that Tate was the guy in the suit (after the first ep), but I doubt that it's actually him.

So it seems that people have to die in the house or on the property in order to be ghosts that live there? Like it's a portal-type thing? I say that since Constance was trying to drag Addie on to the property. I guess Addie and Constance weren't ghosts.

So either the show is screwing with us or Tate's obviously a ghost from the Nirvana era. We had already guessed that and his outfit at the coffee shop provides further proof.

I'm amazed that the "fluffers" didn't kill Vivian and Ben after what happened.

Is Vivian pregnant with the mangled ghost baby? Probably not.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:21 am 

Also, do you think that Tate keeps trying to scare Violet in order to figure out if she can handle the truth about him being a ghost? It seems like all he really wants is love and acceptance, so I could see him wanting her to know what he is and loving him anyway.

Oh and I think that Constance gave the cupcakes to Violet, because she doesn't like her and wants her grubby hands off her son. The comment about her giving another cupcake to Violet if she keeps hanging around Addie is what gave me that impression.

And I think it's sweet that Addie and Tate talk to each other and that Tate talks about how much he likes Violet.

I'm really wondering how Travis (?) is going to fit into all of this. I love that Constance has this young, sweet boy toy though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next