| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:58 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I'm nervous to watch it because I know I'm going to be SO upset when it's over.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:30 am 
Not NOT A Furry

linerepetition wrote:
i didn't expect vivian to die either. its interesting to me that she did though because now violet's not alone.

i'm really curious about tate's situation now. i expected violet to react the way she did when she found out about the baby, but it was a little sad that she made tate "go away". i know he's been a really evil person and done way more things for anyone to forgive him for, but he really hasn't done anything bad to violet since he raped vivian(which is awful in itself). but really, they weren't close then because it was sort of when they first moved in. so, he does seem to have changed. also, i'm still wondering what has made tate so evil. i've watched every episode(some of them a few times), but i don't think anything has been explained about why he's done so many terrible things.

i can't wait for the last episode, though i don't want it to end. wednesday nights won't be the same.

Nothing specific has to happen persay to make someone a sociopath (he may have been prewired that way).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:53 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

bastah wrote:
linerepetition wrote:

i'm really curious about tate's situation now. i expected violet to react the way she did when she found out about the baby, but it was a little sad that she made tate "go away". i know he's been a really evil person and done way more things for anyone to forgive him for, but he really hasn't done anything bad to violet since he raped vivian(which is awful in itself). but really, they weren't close then because it was sort of when they first moved in. so, he does seem to have changed. also, i'm still wondering what has made tate so evil. i've watched every episode(some of them a few times), but i don't think anything has been explained about why he's done so many terrible things.

I'm not completely sure that there is a reason why Tate is so evil. At first I thought it was the house making him do everything, and I thought that when we saw babyTate go into the basement, the infantata or something else would take over his body, but that didn't happen. Instead we saw why he sees Nora as a mother-figure and why he wanted to help her. I think when it comes down to it, he might be like Ted Bundy or any other killer. Also, if my man raped my mother when we first met (11 years ago) and I just found out now, I'd see that as pretty horrible and I wouldn't be able to stay with him... and Tate only did that about 6 months ago!

Note: even though I say these things about Tate and I was so happy to see Patrick beat the crepe out of him, I'm still kind of a fangirl

this makes sense. it didn't cross my mind that tate would be evil just because he's an evil person. he's just seemed so angry that i thought there might be some secretive explanation that they'd show in an episode. now that i really think about it, tate being a monster isn't too had to understand when i think of the horrible things constance has done and said(hes like his mother). though they do after all like to string us along into thinking one thing or another until they finally reveal. and not that i'd want violet to forgive tate(even though she said she wasn't) it was sad to see their relationship fall apart so fast. also, though i like tate, he totally deserved to get his asparagus kicked by patrick and probably everyone else he's killed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:11 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

linerepetition wrote:
bastah wrote:
linerepetition wrote:

I'm not completely sure that there is a reason why Tate is so evil. At first I thought it was the house making him do everything, and I thought that when we saw babyTate go into the basement, the infantata or something else would take over his body, but that didn't happen. Instead we saw why he sees Nora as a mother-figure and why he wanted to help her. I think when it comes down to it, he might be like Ted Bundy or any other killer. Also, if my man raped my mother when we first met (11 years ago) and I just found out now, I'd see that as pretty horrible and I wouldn't be able to stay with him... and Tate only did that about 6 months ago!

Note: even though I say these things about Tate and I was so happy to see Patrick beat the crepe out of him, I'm still kind of a fangirl

this makes sense. it didn't cross my mind that tate would be evil just because he's an evil person. he's just seemed so angry that i thought there might be some secretive explanation that they'd show in an episode. now that i really think about it, tate being a monster isn't too had to understand when i think of the horrible things constance has done and said(hes like his mother). though they do after all like to string us along into thinking one thing or another until they finally reveal. and not that i'd want violet to forgive tate(even though she said she wasn't) it was sad to see their relationship fall apart so fast. also, though i like tate, he totally deserved to get his asparagus kicked by patrick and probably everyone else he's killed.

Yeah, I think that flashback dinner scene was supposed to provide an answer. Larry killed his brother. Tate can't live up to his mother's expectations and she treats him and everyone else like crepe. He definitely is a lot like Constance. And nothing was making Constance evil, but she still killed Hugo and Moira. Plus she had her own son killed. Then there was how she treated Larry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:17 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I started the pilot (haven't even finished it yet because I had to run out the door). I really like it so far, although I had to laugh with derision when Dylan McDermott's character sees SexyMaid pleasuring herself and then runs to angrily stroganoff in his office, followed immediately by contrite sobbing. Orgasm to weeping in ten seconds should be in EVERY movie and tv show, ever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:25 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I'm re-watching it with my sister. I'm just letting her believe it was Ben in the rubber suit for now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:19 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Daaaaamn!!!! BENNNN!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:31 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

NO SPOILERS.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i say again: well then.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:16 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Waaaaah. I wanted the new family to stay. Father and son were foine. Ben and Vivien cracked me up during that sequence, though. I cannot freaking wait until next season!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:54 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Meh, I didn't love it but I didn't totally hate it. I just think that it didn't live up to my expectations. The show has just progressed so much and week after week it was mind blowingly good so I was anticipating to be shocked, horrified, and in awe of this last episode.

There were some moments that did live up to that but not as many as I thought. I just felt like there was a whole lot of eye rolling ridiculously lame Beetlejuice rip off scenes plus some cheesy lame ones. While those scenes were fun, they just felt like they didn't fit in with the overall theme of the show.

This seemed more like a special Christmas episode than the season finale. The very last scene was great though and I'm so grateful that it didn't end with the scene with the family around the tree. I didn't want a happy sappy "feel good" ending.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:24 am 
protein lump

yeah, i didn't love this episode. i feel like it was really... i don't know... off(?) from the rest of the season. i don't feel like ben and vivian were being very ben and vivian-like. now that viv is dead, she's all wistful about ben? meh.

eta: oh, i also wasn't down with it going back to being super crazy violent and gross last night. that's first-episode bs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:57 am 

This episode... confused me. Originally there were supposed to be two episodes left, then one 2 hour episode, then just 90 mins, and then it was chopped to 70 (51 without commercials). Ryan Murphy said all these spoilers that never happened. I know that he makes crepe up a lot, but if he was telling the truth, a lot of stuff got cut from this episode. In an interview last night, it was said that things were wrapped up nicely. I don't agree with that. If next season is about Michael (he did say that we'd know from the finale what next season will be about), then maybe we'll get more of an explanation. All I can think of is what Billie said about the house using ghosts to break free into our world, so I guess that's Michael and we'll hear more about that later. I'm wondering if Constance will still be a character, because Jessica will be in NYC on Broadway.

I liked Violet interacting with Gabe and I wish we could have seen more of that. I guess Tate might be a good guy now... ?

Last night I had a nightmare that one of my best friends died and I saw her ghost, which is how I knew. It was so sad. Yet, her ghost was like a normal person and could go anywhere, so I guess it wasn't that sad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:07 am 

Yes, the campiness was a little jolting. I'm happy we weren't left with a huge cliffhanger. I mean, it seems the next season will be about the Harmon's ghost life in the house, Tate's redemption, and Michael's killiness. I hope that it returns to its scary and dramatic tone. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:10 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

Not as emotionally twisty as I hoped it'd be, but I'm still really looking forward to series 2.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:48 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I'm glad someone else said Beetlejuice. I was all don't let this degenerate into Beetlejuice next season...cause nothing against that film but it was a comedy and this was some scary shiitake until a lot of last night.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:15 pm 

An interviewer mentioned Beetlejuice to Ryan Murphy last night, and he said that it hadn't even occurred to him! Yeah, I didn't like the Beetlejuice stuff either

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:44 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

That's funny ..the only way it could have been more Beetlejuice would to have had them turn into Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:48 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I...loved the Beetlejuice part.

I didn't love the hanging out around the tree part. Or the fact that the Harmons are eternally happy when all of the other ghosts carry their same emotions.

But I loved the Beetlejuice part.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:57 pm 

Ryan Murphy also said that he didn't think of Rosemary's Baby with the birth scene. I guess those things must just be a part of his subconscious?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:48 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Ryan Murphy said there will be a new cast and locale next season. Panic mode activated. Evan Peters better be back, Tate or not.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:14 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

luckyklutz wrote:
Ryan Murphy said there will be a new cast and locale next season. Panic mode activated. Evan Peters better be back, Tate or not.

If they're moving the location, my guess is Tate probably won't be in it. :( I really want him to, though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:19 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

He said some people might be back, just playing different characters.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:34 pm 

Oh good! That is exciting. But it's weird that he said that the finale sets up the next season because that wasn't the case at all...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:17 pm 

Oooh I hope that Taissa and Evan come back. I would love for Jessica to come back, but that probably won't happen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21  Next