| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:02 pm 
protein lump

yeah, i don't think tate is the one who knocked up vivienne or killed patrick and whatever zachary quinto's name is. i'm still not sure who's really alive. is the realtor dead since she knows patrick and syler (i'm just going to list of quinto's characters here)?

part of me was thinking that maybe this is what happens to addie every halloween (if she's one of the ghosts).

i'm hoping vivienne is pregnant with the frankenstein baby.

as much as i'm liking the show, i'm going to start getting pissed if they don't start throwing out some answers. i already did the whole "we're not going explain anything to you ever" thing with lost.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:20 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

esme wrote:
yeah, i don't think tate is the one who knocked up vivienne or killed patrick and whatever zachary quinto's name is. i'm still not sure who's really alive. is the realtor dead since she knows patrick and syler (i'm just going to list of quinto's characters here)?

part of me was thinking that maybe this is what happens to addie every halloween (if she's one of the ghosts).

I was thinking that maybe she wasn't a ghost since Constance was so upset and since Addie was bleeding. Though Addie did make the comment about ghosts getting to walk around on Halloween, so maybe she was excited about getting to do that. But last episode, it seemed like Constance was sad that Tate was stuck in the house. And Addie has to come to the house to visit her "friends," so I'm not quite sure if she's a ghost then.

I was thinking that maybe the real estate lady was calling someone else to fluff and it seemed that Vivien just assumed that Syler and Patrick were the fluffers. Syler seemed confused when she called them that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:11 pm 
protein lump

yeah, i'm interested in seeing how everything works out.

what i do not want is for them to pull the everyone is dead! thing. i don't think that's the way they're going, though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:39 pm 

Yeah, I'm really hoping that at least some people are alive. I think the biggest shock would be if Tate is

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:52 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

constance called adelaide a mongoloid in ep. 1 and no one mentions this? really?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:01 pm 

Well, we know that Constance is a horrible person/mother.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:53 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Yes Constance is a horrible person, so everything she does and says is terrible and awful.

Esme - I like your idea about Addie, I think that's a really good possibility.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:06 am 

I was thinking about something that might support Addie being a ghost. Her age is never mentioned. Her mom says something about being stuck with her for "thirty-something" years--I mean it is Constance, so she could just not know or care how old she is, but that could be a hint. Maybe Addie has to live with her since she can't move on to the after life or anywhere else.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:03 am 

This might not mean anything, but on IMDB, the main cast members are all said to be in 13 eps, but Tate is listed as being in only 7. Hopefully they're not getting rid of him. I love the relationship between him and Violet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:53 am 

I can't believe I'm posting this. Sooo... on the IMDB AHS forum, some people thought that it seemed like Ben was interested in Tate. I cracked up, because I didn't see any indication of that and the posts were just hilarious.

But then I thought about it.

Maybe this is why Ben really wants Tate to see a different therapist. There's the fact that Tate is a male (Ben did seem a bit interested in Patrick) and that Tate is a minor. Both of those things might make Ben uncomfortable around Tate (oh and the fact that Ben is you know... married). Since Tate only wants to see Ben, Ben says that they can't meet at the house. That could be because if they met in public, Ben couldn't act on his urges.

I'm not saying that this is what is going on. I'm just providing my own evidence for a theory.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:21 pm 

This is my millionth post in this thread, sorry. But I had a thought. Those copycat killers... they died... in the house. Why haven't we seen them return yet? I'm sure they will. They should. I don't want them to though.

Oh and I know that all of my "evidence" in that last post can easily be explained as different motivations.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:21 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

There is no chance of me consistently watching this on TV, so I'm gonna wait the DVD - but caught an episode the other night. It was so weird/creepy, but I really liked it and was enthralled. I really could have done without the cheap s*x scenes and shirtlessness (but I'm like that with TV), I just felt like that was to titillate and draw people in.. didn't really add anything. Other than that, I think the story is really good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:20 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

bastah wrote:
I was thinking about something that might support Addie being a ghost. Her age is never mentioned. Her mom says something about being stuck with her for "thirty-something" years--I mean it is Constance, so she could just not know or care how old she is, but that could be a hint. Maybe Addie has to live with her since she can't move on to the after life or anywhere else.

We did see a younger Addie hanging out outside of the house in the first episode though, so she's at least aged since then.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:30 am 

luckyklutz wrote:
bastah wrote:

We did see a younger Addie hanging out outside of the house in the first episode though, so she's at least aged since then.

Right, but it seemed like Addie could be any age. She could even be 18. Or in her 30s.

So I guess Tate is definitely a ghost with some really big issues that he needs therapy for. I wonder why they went with the Columbine incident so closely. Maybe so that we could assume it was a murder-suicide.

I wonder if Addie's ghost was trying to grab Violet's ankle.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:37 am 
protein lump

so in support of addie being a ghost... i was thinking that maybe tate was with her when she died and heard the high school girls making fun of her when she was trick or treating (or at least heard about it somewhere) and that's what set him off? or maybe if addie's not dead, he still did the shooting to protect her? and that's why constance doesn't want violet to say anything to him?
i'm sort of not buying that he's a suicide.
i mean, he has to have died in the house, right? why go on a killing spree then kill yourself in your neighbor's house?

i am really starting to love tate and i need more of his story, but i'm guessing we won't get more for a couple episodes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:53 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I just want to note that the actor who plays Tate used to play a mopey, miscreant teenager on One Tree Hill, and the dead cheerleader from last night's episode was totally his mopey, miscreant teenage girlfriend on OTH. I don't really understand what's going on in this show because I can't even really tell who is dead or alive at any given time, but that made me pretty happy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:23 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I'm pretty confident that Addie was not a ghost the whole time. Constance seemed really desperate to tie her to the house before she died. And it doesn't seem like the ghosts are reliving their deaths in this series.

These past two episodes were pretty great. I'm pretty sure Tate is a ghost. I automatically thought suicide, like he couldn't take the thought of killing those kids or something.

Oh, and Esme, I read an article in Entertainment Weekly saying that the show will explain everything by midseason.

I find myself really feeling for Tate, even though he's psycho. Oh, and hellooooo Morris Chestnut!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:35 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

Can ONE normal thing happen? Jebus! I started crying when we thought Hayden had microwaved the poor little dog - previously thought to be run over.

I know Constance is horrid but she is my fave character. She is clearly an evil genius with a warped sense of humour. Ipecac and spit cupcakes for Violet? Priceless. Jessica Lange is divine.

Tate does seem do be some sort of Cobain era ghost in a moth-eaten sweater who can't get it up. He clearly went on a cheap Halloween make-up murder spree but then what happened to him? Suicide? He has no visible gunshot wounds or leaky brains.

I find fire bug/family murderer Larry to be really annoying. Why won't he die? Could Hayden's ghost please kill him?

One more thing seeing Arby from Big Love cast as the pig-baby Frankenstein doctor was a surprise!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:56 am 

Charmkinface wrote:
Can ONE normal thing happen? Jebus! I started crying when we thought Hayden had microwaved the poor little dog - previously thought to be run over.

Tate does seem do be some sort of Cobain era ghost in a moth-eaten sweater who can't get it up. He clearly went on a cheap Halloween make-up murder spree but then what happened to him? Suicide? He has no visible gunshot wounds or leaky brains.

I find fire bug/family murderer Larry to be really annoying. Why won't he die? Could Hayden's ghost please kill him?

One more thing seeing Arby from Big Love cast as the pig-baby Frankenstein doctor was a surprise!

I still think it was suicide in the house. He definitely is dead, we know (the cheerleader said she would be 34 and married now). Tons of ways to die. He seems depressed and Constance talked about how sensitive he is. I could definitely see him killing himself. I think he's blocked out the negative things in his former life and those things haunt him in what he calls dreams. When Constance waved to him and he didn't wave back, he might not have remembered that she's his mom (I understand him blocking that out).

But I thought of other theories about him too. Maybe he does have bloody wounds and they're hidden by his clothes. About him not having sex with her, I can't help but think that Constance is to blame there. Like her teaching him how shameful it is or something. I just have this feeling she has something to do with it. Probably wrong though. My other thought is that one of the dead peers mentioned to Violet that she was probably supposed to lose her virginity to Tate that night or something like that. Maybe there's some supernatural reason why they can't have sex... Someone else had mentioned that in horror movies when teens lose their virginity, they always end up dying. Maybe it has to do with that.

They should make at least half of each show about Tate since he's the most interesting.

I agree about Larry. Amazing actor and props to him, but I've had enough.

It seems that we might be learning about Rubber Man in the 8th episode (I think it's that one, the ep is called Rubber Man)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:13 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Tate could have ODed and that's why he doesn't have any wounds- Quinto's character had his neck snapped and he looks totally okay too. I will be super shocked if he's not a ghost.

Throwdown for favorite character is between Constance and Tate? Who will win my affection?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:03 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

mixmaster_mo wrote:
Oh, and hellooooo Morris Chestnut!

My thoughts exactly!

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:06 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Is it a sure thing that Tate killed those teens? I think it would be interesting if he was falsely accused.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:18 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I just remember that first episode where he was telling Ben he had all these thoughts of killing people. I was thinking maybe those weren't thoughts but memories, especially after the most recent episodes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:02 am 

mixmaster_mo wrote:
I just remember that first episode where he was telling Ben he had all these thoughts of killing people. I was thinking maybe those weren't thoughts but memories, especially after the most recent episodes.

Yeah, during the last ep, they showed the footage from the first ep of him with the makeup on in the school.

I'm thinking he definitely killed those teens. Although, it would be a great twist if he didn't.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:40 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Oh yeah, I forgot about what he said in the first episode...I guess that would make the most sense. I purposely didn't look too closely at the made-up face because I didn't want to confirm it was him...but yeah. It's a really interesting storyline either way, though I wish they hadn't put in specific details from Columbine.

So does he really not remember what he did, or is he just avoiding it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next