| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:09 am 
Inflexitarian

I think it's a little silly, but I like scary stuff, so I'll probably keep watching it. Anyone else think it's really unwise for a psychiatrist to treat patients in the family home?

On a similar topic, if you haven't already creeped yourself out reading this, Jezebel asked its readers to provide their true ghost stories for Halloween & there are a zillion of them. It took me days to get through them all, but some are seriously scary. http://jezebel.com/5854028/send-us-your ... st-stories

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:22 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

bastah wrote:
Spoiler: show
This might not mean anything, but on IMDB, the main cast members are all said to be in 13 eps, but Tate is listed as being in only 7. Hopefully they're not getting rid of him. I love the relationship between him and Violet.

OK you really don't get what a spoiler is, do you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:25 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

bastah wrote:
This might not mean anything, but on IMDB, the main cast members are all said to be in 13 eps, but Tate is listed as being in only 7. Hopefully they're not getting rid of him. I love the relationship between him and Violet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:33 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

IsaChandra wrote:
bastah wrote:

This is my fear, especially after tonight's ep. If it happens, I will write very angry letters

Best ep yet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:25 am 

Why does Addie say that she's glad that she didn't die on the house's property since she's NOW afraid of Tate? Did she really not know until now that he killed 15 people? I hope this is a new mystery

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:19 am 
Huffs Nooch

bastah wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:
bastah wrote:

This is my fear, especially after tonight's ep. If it happens, I will write very angry letters

Best ep yet

For seriously!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:26 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

bastah wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:
bastah wrote:

Best ep yet

yes, this.

also, anyone else notice the attraction between vivien and the security system guy? its happened since his first appearance after the break in.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:22 am 

YES! That's why she called him over even though she didn't hear a noise, right? I didn't hear a noise. I mean sure she had a nightmare and wanted someone to be with her, but then why not go to Violet?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:13 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

yeah, it feels as though something is going on between them or is about to because i didn't hear a noise either. it seems a little odd that she didn't go to violet because it seems now that they need each other more than ever. and what was up with constance being so seemingly protective of the baby when she was hardly nice to addie? its like she KNOWS something about it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:23 pm 

My guess is that maybe people will stop dying once this baby is born? Like it's supposed to satisfy the house and make it happy? Maybe then everyone can pass to the other side (Not Tate, please--I'm sure I haven't made myself clear enough). Obviously the killing won't stop, but maybe theoretically it's supposed to. I honestly can't see anything good happening to anyone (ghost or not) on this show.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:27 pm 

I just figured something out.

Urban Legend guy is talking about his Piggy Man fear and Ben says that by giving fear power, it gets served to you on a platter or whatever. I think that's what the house does. That's how Urban Legend guy got killed outside of the house.

In the first episode Tate was talking to Ben about his fear: his dreams where he's wearing the makeup and shooting up the school. Ghost Tate seems to be pre-killer Tate. So that was probably Tate's fear too back when he was alive and then he ended up doing it. That's why he had on the makeup in the earlier scenes, since that was just how his fear looked in his head, but wasn't wearing makeup when he actually did it. So the house DID make him kill. Probably the same thing for Larry. Maybe one of his fears was that he would hurt his family

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:49 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I don't think the house really had anything to do with Dylan McDerpDerp's patient being shot in his own house - that was probably more for presenting an irony that this person came to overcome his fear sans an safety net (psychiatrist standing outside the door, no daylight coming in through the window, etc) and in the moment he did so, the very thing he feared would happen did, albeit in a far more natural and random way which in itself jars with the more supernatural elements this show wallows within.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:00 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I wish this whole show was just about Tate and Violet. I love them so much. If he gets "killed" off, count me in for the lynching mob!

It seems like he protects her from all of the spirits in the house tormenting her all the time. They eluded to the possibility of her having the gift of being a medium. Maybe since she was more distant from Tate this episode, that is why she saw all of the spirits in the basement. Then at the end she succumbs to the fact that she needs him for protection. Or maybe she realizes that she loves him too.

What is up with her eating that brain like it was candy! Perhaps demon babies like that sort of thing. I would never think that anyone would recommend a pregnant woman eating raw meat under normal circumstances. I'm thinking that could have been a test, and it proved that baby isn't exactly human.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:03 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Constance and Moira both seem acutely aware of what's growing inside of Vivien which is why they seem to have a bit of solidarity on her eating the raw animal bits whereas the majority of the time they're at odds (being shot in the eye/feeling betrayed can do that to folks I guess). My long shot guess is that whatever she's harboring, it'll act as a means of freeing the spirits from the house to a certain extent (which seems to be Moira's chief concern, though she doesn't express it aside from when she's with her mother in the hospital).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:50 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

this was definitely the best episode yet. tate is my favorite character, and i was so psyched to get a better look into his past.

i'm wondering if violet did in fact overdose and we won't know it for a while because of her dying in the house.

if she did, maybe she and tate can pass to the other side together.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:50 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I went from, "Eh, I guess I'll watch it again," to buying newest episodes on Amazon because I'm too impatient to wait a week for Hulu to catch up.

Tate + Violet 4eva

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:31 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Um, shouldn't the security guy have called and told them that Hayden escaped? Rather than going "oh, by the way..."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:30 am 

I think they just didn't want to have to deal with the Hayden storyline anymore, so they chucked it in a very casual way. They never explained, like, how she got out from being buried under a forking gazebo? Or maybe sexy security man is in on it!

I haven't much enjoyed this show aside from having fun pointing out the plot holes and spotting actors from other shows, but the Tate/Violet scenes from this last episode tore at my heart much more than I planned, almost made me cry. I guess it's still kind of shocking to me to see television producers portray a depressed/alienated teenage girl who self-injures.. pretty goddamned accurate, I'd say. The cutting sounds are a little trigger-y for me. I do think Violet most likely OD'd and possibly died, comatose at the very least.

The Constance seance scene also made me a little emotional.*

* Yes, it is that time. SHUT UP.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:57 am 

I cried at the Constance seance scene and it isn't even my time.

"Bee tee dubs, the murderous lady escaped. NBD."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:50 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

takecare wrote:
this was definitely the best episode yet. tate is my favorite character, and i was so psyched to get a better look into his past.

i'm wondering if violet did in fact overdose and we won't know it for a while because of her dying in the house.

if she did, maybe she and tate can pass to the other side together.

Oooh yeah I didn't even think about that! I had assumed she survived since she threw up. That would be interesting, but I don't want them to go anywhere!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:03 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I predict the security guard and Vivian are going to have a thing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:58 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

stephanie wrote:
I think they just didn't want to have to deal with the Hayden storyline anymore, so they chucked it in a very casual way. They never explained, like, how she got out from being buried under a forking gazebo? Or maybe sexy security man is in on it!

Her body is still under the gazebo just as Moira's is still buried in the front yard. Though they're ghosts, it seems they all have the ability to become corporeal should they choose to do so and then vanish at will (her vaporizing from the back seat of the car). The plot hole came in the security guy's lack of priority in alerting the family to her escape.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:25 am 

Aha! Thanks for spelling it out for me. I am constantly confused as to who on this show is a ghost vs. who is alive vs. who is "alive," but that made it a lot clearer.

So if I'm reading correctly, everyone who dies on that property doesn't get literally resurrected albeit in a non-decaying state (which is how I've been assuming it to be), their dead bodies just stay put and their spirits are physically manifested in a NEW body that is identical to the one they died in plus bonus instant disappearing action? But the new magical ghost body ages as though it were the old buried one, which is why Moira appears to be mom-on-Six-Feet-Under age to Vivien/Mrs. Coach, et al? And Ben alone can see ghosts as they looked when they died, which is why Moira is young again when he looks at her? Now I have to reassess everything with this new knowledge!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:08 am 
protein lump

stephanie wrote:
So if I'm reading correctly, everyone who dies on that property doesn't get literally resurrected albeit in a non-decaying state (which is how I've been assuming it to be), their dead bodies just stay put and their spirits are physically manifested in a NEW body that is identical to the one they died in plus bonus instant disappearing action? But the new magical ghost body ages as though it were the old buried one, which is why Moira appears to be mom-on-Six-Feet-Under age to Vivien/Mrs. Coach, et al? And Ben alone can see ghosts as they looked when they died, which is why Moira is young again when he looks at her? Now I have to reassess everything with this new knowledge!

they're ghosts. i think they can look however they want. someone (maybe constance?) mentioned that moira appears to people as they want to see her, i.e. a sexy french maid for ben and a wholesome looking older lady for viv.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:08 am 
protein lump

i also don't think violet died, but it'd be interesting if she did.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next