| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 43  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:31 pm 
Offline
Who's Ted Leo?
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 7235
Location: Modesto, CA
cotton candy kitty (left leg) - going to get the cat to look more like mar with the touch up:

Image

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:46 pm 
Offline
ugh
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 2663
Location: north of Boston, MA, USA
That's really cute!

I just came in to whine about how I still don't have an appointment set up, but I also have this ridiculous constellation of ingrown hairs on my legs (where I want to be tattooed) that will probably prevent me from getting anything for awhile anyway. Sigh.

_________________

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:09 pm 
Online
TOTALLY CRADICAL
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:42 am
Posts: 4388
Location: Smugville, CA
b.vicious wrote:

I just came in to whine about how I still don't have an appointment set up, but I also have this ridiculous constellation of ingrown hairs on my legs (where I want to be tattooed) that will probably prevent me from getting anything for awhile anyway. Sigh.


Ingrown hairs are the bane of my existence. THE BANE!!

Also, OMG COTTON CANDY CAT

_________________
Crazy rating: Double plus crazytown bananapants ~Jordanpattern
"It's, you know, your typical Portland restaurant; bowls." ~Kittee
Sews Before Bros


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:04 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3659
Location: Nashville, TN
cotton candy cat is adorable


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:38 am 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 3346
Location: mt. pleasant
I started washing with a salux cloth and it helps my ingrowns more than other method I've tried. Has completely abated them, but I'm feeling pessimistic that anything will.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:07 am 
Offline
ugh
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 2663
Location: north of Boston, MA, USA
fupapack wrote:
I started washing with a salux cloth and it helps my ingrowns more than other method I've tried. Has completely abated them, but I'm feeling pessimistic that anything will.

Cool, I'll check that out. I just started using a hammam glove last week, which is like a very fine sandpaper, and also that TendSkin stuff even though it is freaking expensive. A couple ingrowns have already worked themselves out but I swear, the more layers of skin I get through, the more of these things keep popping up from under the surface. I'm sure they'll all find their way out eventually (especially if I quit shaving for awhile) but I want them to hurry up!

_________________

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:54 am 
Offline
Who's Ted Leo?
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 7235
Location: Modesto, CA
dry brushing! try it! i get a few ingrowns but mostly my thigh area - then again i am pretty lazy about shaving my legs...

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:07 am 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 8025
Location: Seattle
b.vicious wrote:
fupapack wrote:
I started washing with a salux cloth and it helps my ingrowns more than other method I've tried. Has completely abated them, but I'm feeling pessimistic that anything will.

Cool, I'll check that out. I just started using a hammam glove last week, which is like a very fine sandpaper, and also that TendSkin stuff even though it is freaking expensive. A couple ingrowns have already worked themselves out but I swear, the more layers of skin I get through, the more of these things keep popping up from under the surface. I'm sure they'll all find their way out eventually (especially if I quit shaving for awhile) but I want them to hurry up!

Someone (I am 90% sure it was torque) posted a "recipe" for making Tend Skin from rubbing alcohol, witch hazel and plain uncoated aspirin. Stupid cheap. I searched for it but I couldn't find it so it may have been on the old forums. I believe I have it printed out somewhere so if I can find it I'll let you know. Otherwise you might check with her.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:10 am 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:42 pm
Posts: 2368
monkeytoes wrote:
b.vicious wrote:
fupapack wrote:
I started washing with a salux cloth and it helps my ingrowns more than other method I've tried. Has completely abated them, but I'm feeling pessimistic that anything will.

Cool, I'll check that out. I just started using a hammam glove last week, which is like a very fine sandpaper, and also that TendSkin stuff even though it is freaking expensive. A couple ingrowns have already worked themselves out but I swear, the more layers of skin I get through, the more of these things keep popping up from under the surface. I'm sure they'll all find their way out eventually (especially if I quit shaving for awhile) but I want them to hurry up!

Someone (I am 90% sure it was torque) posted a "recipe" for making Tend Skin from rubbing alcohol, witch hazel and plain uncoated aspirin. Stupid cheap. I searched for it but I couldn't find it so it may have been on the old forums. I believe I have it printed out somewhere so if I can find it I'll let you know. Otherwise you might check with her.

I think it was Quarantined, maybe. But the recipe's online, for sure. Try Makeup Alley.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:23 pm 
Online
TOTALLY CRADICAL
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:42 am
Posts: 4388
Location: Smugville, CA
Pinko wrote:
I think it was Quarantined, maybe. But the recipe's online, for sure. Try Makeup Alley.


Found it! Linked in the quote above.

I have never heard of either Tend Skin or salux cloth but I will be trying both. My legs constantly look like shiitake and I'm tired of it!

_________________
Crazy rating: Double plus crazytown bananapants ~Jordanpattern
"It's, you know, your typical Portland restaurant; bowls." ~Kittee
Sews Before Bros


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:03 pm 
Offline
ugh
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 2663
Location: north of Boston, MA, USA
Oh man, I will be all over that when my bottle of Tend Skin runs out. It's a refillable roll-on bottle so I'm pretty sure I can just pour the homemade stuff in there.

_________________

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:14 pm 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 8025
Location: Seattle
Yup, that's the same recipe as the one I have. Mine has you dissolving some of the aspirin in alcohol and the rest in witch hazel, and then combining which never really made sense so this one is even easier since it's all together in one bottle from the get-go.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:36 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:20 pm
Posts: 1074
Location: Land of the First Kaiju
Here she is, folks! My first tattoo:
Image
It's Little Nemo's Adventures in Slumberland, by Winsor McCay. One of the early animators I admire, and I used to watch the animated film adaptation ('89) of this constantly as a kid. I'm in love.

ETA: This piece was done by Will Sheldon at Saved Tattoo, and he was incredible. Cannot recommend him highly enough. Super attentive, kind, not intimidating, and managed to bang this out in I'd say less than 90 minutes. I'd go back to him in a heartbeat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:44 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:18 pm
Posts: 690
Location: bridge and tunnel
That is fantastic!!

_________________
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/PieCuresAll


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:54 pm 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6245
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
beautiful!

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:10 pm 
Online
TOTALLY CRADICAL
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:42 am
Posts: 4388
Location: Smugville, CA
Nicely done! Although I will always begrudge you the fact that your first tattoo is, unlike so many others (mine included), beautiful and not in the least embarassing.

_________________
Crazy rating: Double plus crazytown bananapants ~Jordanpattern
"It's, you know, your typical Portland restaurant; bowls." ~Kittee
Sews Before Bros


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:22 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:20 pm
Posts: 1074
Location: Land of the First Kaiju
Hahaha, thank you! I truly could not be happier. It's not particularly beautiful right now, though, since it looks like someone punched me in the arm. Excited for it to be healed, wheeee!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:43 pm 
Offline
Asked Santa for a pony
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:29 pm
Posts: 3232
Location: Portland
I had my consultation yesterday, and my appointment is in 4 weeks. YES!

_________________
Instagram @noochynoodle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:52 pm 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6245
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Nicely done! Although I will always begrudge you the fact that your first tattoo is, unlike so many others (mine included), beautiful and not in the least embarassing.


Ain't that the truth! Hello, 18-year-old tribal lower back!

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:36 am 
Online
TOTALLY CRADICAL
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:42 am
Posts: 4388
Location: Smugville, CA
paprikapapaya wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Nicely done! Although I will always begrudge you the fact that your first tattoo is, unlike so many others (mine included), beautiful and not in the least embarassing.


Ain't that the truth! Hello, 18-year-old tribal lower back!


Me, personally, I'm rocking the tribal astrological sign that was done in the wrong layer of skin on some dude's living room couch for $20 (although I could have gotten away with paying with just a six pack).

_________________
Crazy rating: Double plus crazytown bananapants ~Jordanpattern
"It's, you know, your typical Portland restaurant; bowls." ~Kittee
Sews Before Bros


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:54 am 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6245
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
Bwahah! Mine is so much black work that it could never be reasonably covered up and I don't care enough to get it lasered off. And thankfully, I mostly forget since it's where it is.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:16 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 3346
Location: mt. pleasant
at least you don't have to look at it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:32 pm 
Online
TOTALLY CRADICAL
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:42 am
Posts: 4388
Location: Smugville, CA
Mine is on my gunt so I'm reminded of my bad decisions every time I pee! Honestly, though, I'm with PP in that I don't care all that much. It's laughable and pretty well hidden and if it bothers me enough some day I can get it covered up. It's like a scar- not necessarily pretty, but a reminder of the life I've lived nonetheless! Plus I know people who got full sleeves from that dude- they're the ones I feel sorry for.

_________________
Crazy rating: Double plus crazytown bananapants ~Jordanpattern
"It's, you know, your typical Portland restaurant; bowls." ~Kittee
Sews Before Bros


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:58 pm 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 pm
Posts: 2219
Location: NYC/Schenectady, NY
missmuffcake wrote:
cotton candy kitty (left leg) - going to get the cat to look more like mar with the touch up:

Image


Is that a toki doki tattoo I see?

Alice1derland, that's beautiful!

_________________
If a milkshake is going to change the world then it should be at least be an Oreo one. - daisychain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The All-New Official Tattoo thread!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:55 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:20 pm
Posts: 1074
Location: Land of the First Kaiju
I'm getting tattooed again on October 20th. Somebody stop me.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 43  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer