| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LADY DYNAMITE
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:07 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Definitely deserved an all-caps thread title!

Lady. Motherforking. Dynamite.

I guess I don't know what I'm trying to say here in this post but I know y'all are just itching to have a thread for this. I've only watched 4 or 5 episodes, I want to binge watch, but my partner hates binge watching. I get it. Maria Bamford is my favorite though.

The last episode I watched was the one where she was Diane all the time with that guy. forking amazing.

Post subject: Re: LADY DYNAMITE
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:39 am 
BAD PASS

Added to my queue!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:48 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I saw the first episode last night and couldn't watch anymore because it was late but I LOVED IT. I had to go back at the end and re-watch the opening 'shampoo commercial' because it was so hysterical. "I got my tubes tied because getting pregnant at my age is a risk!" "No time to pay!" "Outta my way, you gypsies!" I can already tell it's one of those shows that is amusing the first time around but is complex enough that I will be able to watch it many times and get something new out of it every time.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:01 pm 
rowdily playing checkers

I've only watched the first episode so far, but I liked it. She has a gift for finding the psychosis in everything.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:09 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Seriously, though, as much as I hope there are a million episodes of this show and Lennon Parham gets lots of work, she and Jessica St. Clair need to get back in the studio and give the world some more episodes of Womp It Up! I'm having Marissa/Listler withdrawals, and I can only say "come on, man" so many times to myself.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:35 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I'm listening to her interview on Bullseye now. She's great. It sounds like the show is pretty close to real life.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:48 pm 
Saggy Butt

Ahhh, I just watched the first few episodes because of this thread, and the coffee shop she's at with her two friends at the start of the meth bisexual boyfriend episode, I'm pretty sure, is the same coffee shop where I saw her in real life a couple years ago when I was in LA visiting some friends!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:46 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I'm loving all the guest stars on this show. Adam Pally, Jenny Slate, Jason Mantzoukas, June Diane Raphael. It's like a nonstop cavalcade of people who crack me up.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:08 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm so into this show. The Jack and Diane one was amazing! I loved the part where the Duluth co-workers pressure her to do a joke. Gah, so good.

And yes to so many awesome people being in it!

It's kind of messing with my head, though, because I remember watching Maria Bamford's standup when I was a kid and now she's only like 45, which doesn't feel significantly older than me. Time is weird!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:44 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Pinko wrote:
I loved the part where the Duluth co-workers pressure her to do a joke. Gah, so good.

Oh GOODDDDD that was painful and hilarious. In fact, that's what most of this show is to me. Laughing hysterically while somewhere deep inside I am also on the verge of crying just as hysterically. When she's at the party doing Diane and shouting "I'M SO EXTROVERTED HAHAHAHA" I was dying from both laughter and painful self-identification. Or the episode where she wants to make a good impression on her boyfriend's kids and just keeps ending up in the shower screaming hysterically into a towel. Oh god, is that relatable.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:44 am 
BAD PASS

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
I'm loving all the guest stars on this show. Adam Pally, Jenny Slate, Jason Mantzoukas, June Diane Raphael. It's like a nonstop cavalcade of people who crack me up.

I can't believe you forgot Mark McGrath, dude.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:45 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Hollie wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:

I can't believe you forgot Mark McGrath, dude.

TBF I also forgot Dean Cain!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Pinko wrote:
I loved the part where the Duluth co-workers pressure her to do a joke. Gah, so good.

When she's at the party doing Diane and shouting "I'M SO EXTROVERTED HAHAHAHA" I was dying from both laughter and painful self-identification.

Saaaaame. Even her facial expressions when she goes from smiling to like cringing or grimacing at herself are so on point and hit really close to home.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:06 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I finished season one last night! I LOVE THIS SHOOOOOOW. I need to go back and watch it from the beginning because there is just so much going on. I already went back and watched the Sassafrass Lady shampoo commercial another two times.

ETA: I find the very-thinly-vieled references to Target very interesting. I'm sure she's bound by a lot of legal mumbo jumbo and frankly I'm amazed it was as blatant as it was in the show, but I would really like to hear more from her about her experiences.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:09 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Erika she talks a bit about target on her Bullseye interview. I want to re listen to her jv club episode too.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:03 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Erika she talks a bit about target on her Bullseye interview. I want to re listen to her jv club episode too.

Thanks for the hot tip! I will take a listen.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:05 pm 
BAD PASS

"I don't know what I'm dooooooiinnnng...more than half of the time!" ...has been stuck in my head all afternoon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:25 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Hollie wrote:
"I don't know what I'm dooooooiinnnng...more than half of the time!" ...has been stuck in my head all afternoon.

YES. I didn't even know it was a real song and not a ditty they wrote for the show until the final episode, when they played the full song over the credits. Man, if a song lyric has ever been more relatable...

I thought it was funny that she dated not one but two former Supermen (Brandon Routh and Dean Cain) on the show.