| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:59 pm 
Hip Goiter

Bc the queen still is the witch/queen! And she brought everyone to this world; why wouldn't she ensure that she keeps her powers?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 pm 
Hip Goiter

Bc the queen still is the witch/queen! And she brought everyone to this world; why wouldn't she ensure that she keeps her powers?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:48 pm 
Tofu Pup

I LOVE THIS SHOW! thanks for making this awesome thread.

Now to catch up with what you are all talking about... =D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:19 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

RandiJM wrote:

Because I thought it was clear in the beginning with the curse that took them all into "our" world that if she did it, it would affect every magical thing--including her--but she was willing to do it to "win." If she's still as magical as she was in the original world they came from, this show would be totally different and Emma wouldn't have a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:50 pm 
Hip Goiter

I don't know I'm just going with my explanation for myself. I don't really care about the rationality of a fairy tale story!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Possibly objects are magical and people are not in our world. And the heart was an object because he had a real heart in the real world inside his chest. I dunno.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:44 am 

I agree that fairy tale stories don't have to be rational, but since they are now in our rational world, I expect some consistency in the "rules" of what goes on. I'm still enjoying and watching the show, but I just wish they'd explain how that curse was still active.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:44 pm 
Saggy Butt

Who writes with an old fashioned typewriter they have to carry? Obviously it means something else, but I'm at a loss. . . Is there a fairytale character that has links to one or am I just missing something.

Also, I'm glad we finally are seeing the dwarves.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:09 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I love the dwarves! I like that it's all coming together a bit more to make some sense. I don't like when it's too hard to figure out the pieces and the characters and the ties. I guess it's that consistency thing.. if it's going to be about the fairytales, it needs to hold "true" to the stories.

The guy has to be Henry's dad..right? I was expecting him to say something about pumpkin pie, though. Was the drug store guy supposed to be sneezy?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:47 pm 
Hip Goiter

Red is freaking gorgeous in fairy tale world! I guess it's just less crazy makeup than we're used to seeing her in in Storybrooke? Dayummm

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:41 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I wonder how many seasons this is going to have? I feel like some things need to come together, or it will just be dragging along.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:53 pm 
Hip Goiter

Also I love how there was an 8th dwarf named Stealthy. hhaha. It's like when my friends and I made up our own Spice Girl personas (I was Crazy Spice).

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:38 pm 

allychristine wrote:
The guy has to be Henry's dad..right? I was expecting him to say something about pumpkin pie, though. Was the drug store guy supposed to be sneezy?

I thought others on here had figured he can't be Henry's dad since Emma doesn't recognize him. Also, I'm not sure if the dad really likes pumpkin pie as the story Emma told was a lie (though I supposed that little detail could've been true).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:35 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

I loved the dwarves, but found it comical that a couple of them seemed taller than Snow. Is Ginnifer really tiny or was it just bad casting?

RandiJM wrote:
Red is freaking gorgeous in fairy tale world! I guess it's just less crazy makeup than we're used to seeing her in in Storybrooke? Dayummm

I have such a crush on fairy tale Red now.

allychristine wrote:

Yes, drug store guy was Sneezy.

I've been reading on a couple of other sites and it seems like the consensus is that new guy isn't Henry's dad, given the fact that Emma doesn't recognize him, but that he's a different fairy tale character. The only thing that confuses me about that is I was under the impression that all the fairy tale characters already lived in Storybrooke.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:48 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I LOVE that actor who plays the stranger dude and was so excited to see him pop up. I agree that that episode sort of saved the show for me - I've been contemplating quitting it but it seems like it's really starting to come together now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My theory is that this is the guy who wrote their stories (the ones in Henry's book). I think he's somehow involved with Storybrook, but I don't think he is a fairy tale character, otherwise he wouldn't be able to leave.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:29 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

kimba wrote:
My theory is that this is the guy who wrote their stories (the ones in Henry's book). I think he's somehow involved with Storybrook, but I don't think he is a fairy tale character, otherwise he wouldn't be able to leave.

OF COURSE! I never thought of that! Then the typewriter makes more sense.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:55 pm 
Hip Goiter

Awesome idea!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:26 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

kimba wrote:

I just got caught up with this show in time for tonight's new episode.

This is my theory about the new guy as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:24 am 

I'm a bit annoyed that Emma seems to have fallen for Mr. Glass' act. The whole time I was suspicious of him, including at the end (before he talks to the Queen). Isn't she smarter than that? I just hope that she's putting on an act with him, but it doesn't seem likely. [Though there's always the old saying, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:21 pm 
Hip Goiter

I liked getting a Sidney backstory but oopsss I wrote too soon! She was faking then he was faking and oh my this was a good episode! How dumb is the Genie for doing that to himself! Come on! He should have known better than to say 'look upon your face always'. DAS. I hope Emma knows not to trust Sidney. Or anyone ugh. And didn't Regina still take the money in her own name, so not for public use? Even though she's using it for public purposes now, I would have been in that town hall meeting yelling 'BUUUT technically you did it wrong..." I guess I hang onto threads of hope.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:12 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I really liked this episode! But yeah, for real, I saw that set up coming with the genie a mile a way. Dude, the snakes have your home city in their name! That smells like a set up!

I totally didn't see Sidney working with Regina though, he duped me.

Next week's episode looks good!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:54 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yeah Sidney duped me too! Feel a fooool. A fool! I love MaryM and David. Even though it's wrong I'm glad they are finally somewhat together. Though it can't last. I loved MM's justification of doing bad things that are actually good.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:30 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

I'm kinda bummed Sidney is still working with Regina(and is she the only one who has the same name in both fairy tale land and Storybrooke?). I was hoping he had finally seen what an awful person she is.

There needed to be more of MM and David. I appreciated that the whole episode was about Genie/Sidney, but I would have liked to see what MM and David are like together now, or have it where someone sees them together or something.

Do we know who King Leopold is in Storybrooke yet? The actor looked so familiar, like we've seen him on a regular basis, but I couldn't come up with anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:32 pm 
Hip Goiter

I don't think we know who Leopold is! Or Midas, right?

I miss Stealthy.

Laughfrodisiac

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 23  Next