| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:22 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

yawn. what a dull episode.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:16 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

It really didn't move things along much, did it? I still think it's strange how brave Charming was in fairy tale land and what a total douche he is in the real world.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:46 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

TLo (http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2012/03/gi ... rison.html) recently talked about the show and I gotta say I agree with every word:

"Now, since we’re ragging on two of its ladystars today and since a lot of people keep asking us about Once Upon a Time, here is the official T Lo opinion: It’s … cute. It could have been a lot more than that, but ABC went towards more of a Disney/family-oriented route and subsequently, every episode feels like it never quite reaches the potential the story is calling for and the majority (although not all) of the cast is too bland for their roles. There’s enough story there that we remain caught up on the show, but it’s never proven itself to be appointment television to us. And the horrendous green screening makes V look like Avatar in comparison."

But hey, this episode gave us Fred! I mean, Amy Acker! That's something though, right? Also I love me some Grumpy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Whovian wrote:
I still think it's strange how brave Charming was in fairy tale land and what a total douche he is in the real world.

This! I hate that guy!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:43 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm so glad there's a thread for this show! But I have to admit I tend to roll my eyes during a lot of the fairytale-land stuff. :)

I don't know how long they can make this show run but I hope there's a happy ending in the end, where everyone remembers who they are, Regina gets what's coming to her, and spoiler alert just in case:

Spoiler: show
Sherrif Graham isn't really dead. Hey, a girl can dream.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:07 pm 
Inflexitarian

Okay. Big things going on. Anyone still watching? I just caught this weeks episode and I'm jumping. Lots of twists I didn't expect.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:37 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Before time started moving in Storeybrook, did the kids age and if not, dud Henry progress through each grade with different classmates?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:22 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

So this last episode where Red is the wolf was the only one that surprised me! I think if I thought this was a more clever show I would have thought it immediately, but I was like OMG it's going to be her boyfriend or something. Hey, I called everything else minutes before it happened, so why not that? Anyway, it was a nice twist and I liked the ending! This show is sooooo much better when it's dark and creepy and unexpected. More like this please?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 am 
Hip Goiter

Finally catching up on the 5 I missed. So I was a little confused (or not paying attention) and read some brief episode guides for a part I missed, and on that episode guide I saw that in two weeks the episode is going to be about

the freaking Mad Hatter and a trip to the Queen of Hearts. CUT THIS shiitake OUT. It's getting rigoddamdiculous.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:52 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

I'm kinda sad Stealthy is no longer Stealthy. I get why, but Stealthy is a pretty cool dwarf name.

RandiJM wrote:
Finally catching up on the 5 I missed. So I was a little confused (or not paying attention) and read some brief episode guides for a part I missed, and on that episode guide I saw that in two weeks the episode is going to be about

the freaking Mad Hatter and a trip to the Queen of Hearts. CUT THIS shiitake OUT. It's getting rigoddamdiculous.

Seriously? Wow. And as someone who has watched every week, I get confused. Part of it seems to be that they're trying to give equal time to both Storybrooke and fairytale world, when it'd be more logical to just spend time in one and actually figure something out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:02 pm 
Hip Goiter

How dumb are these people, believing phone records that Sidney acquired obviously from Regina since he was shown to be on the bad side months ago??? ahsdf;lkajsd;flk.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:26 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

gaia13 wrote:
And as someone who has watched every week, I get confused. Part of it seems to be that they're trying to give equal time to both Storybrooke and fairytale world, when it'd be more logical to just spend time in one and actually figure something out.

Yes. I am not impressed. Too much going on! That wolf episode itself had like 4 "fairy tales" going on at the same time (red, three little pigs connotation, Peter and the wolf???). There is just no follow through. They keep adding things in, without finishing ANYTHING. Sad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:27 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yeah they really need to close up some of the minor fairytale subplots. Like, oh, all of a sudden Cinderella is back? Weird. And then Belle was in the tavern with the dwarves? That was random as crepe. Yet Jiminy was left by the wayside, along with others I can't remember.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:21 am 

Charming is still being a great and loving hero in fairytale land and the biggest douche EVER in our world. Makes NO sense!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:36 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Am I the only one that is beyond excited about Roger Daltrey next week?? I think the episode looks trippy and fun. Not much for plot progression though...

Hey! Jiminy was in this week's ep! That's exciting, eh?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:12 am 
Hip Goiter

Oh man Jiminy was on last night? I forgot it was on Sundays. I don't have the tv schedule back down yet. Booo

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:59 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

ndpittman wrote:
Am I the only one that is beyond excited about Roger Daltrey next week??

I'm excited too, if only because it may make for a semi-enjoyable episode. This week's ep was a big pile of boringness, and really I don't feel like I would've missed anything had I not watched other than Jiminy onscreen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:12 am 
Hip Goiter

Ah I'm watching it now. I'm skirred more people keep dying! Reginas so bad

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:19 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My baseless hunch: the stranger killed whatsherface and is framing Regina so Emma will believe. He's a writer, so he wants to write the ending to all the fairy tales. So somehow, Emma believing in all of that stuff will let him do that.

Or not.

"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:29 pm 
Hip Goiter

crowderpea wrote:
My baseless hunch: the stranger killed whatsherface and is framing Regina so Emma will believe. He's a writer, so he wants to write the ending to all the fairy tales. So somehow, Emma believing in all of that stuff will let him do that.

Or not.

Ooh that's a good idea! I like that! bc why else would be have changed the stories?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Did we ever see where Snow White decided to live with the dwarves, and all that? I despise how it jumps around so much! Last week Snow White was with Red with no where to go, and I know we saw her with the dwarves in the past.

I'm going to have to stay out of this thread if I keep getting annoyed! I'll just be one of those haters everyone...hates.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:54 pm 

allychristine wrote:
Did we ever see where Snow White decided to live with the dwarves, and all that? I despise how it jumps around so much! Last week Snow White was with Red with no where to go, and I know we saw her with the dwarves in the past.

I'm going to have to stay out of this thread if I keep getting annoyed! I'll just be one of those haters everyone...hates.

Yeah, I think she was with the dwarves after Grumpy helped her escape from the castle? I know what you mean, they do jump around a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:55 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

That's my biggest issue, too! I feel like I need a timeline, family tree, and a map.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:34 pm 
Hip Goiter

ndpittman wrote:
and a map.

Rumple's map!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I like the jumping around, it keeps it interesting, piecing together the puzzle. (Also, it jumps around a lot less than Lost did, so I'm happy.)

So the writer added the part about the keys that could open any door? I didn't quite get that part.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next