| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Once Upon a Time
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:03 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yeah I want to know the writer's motivations! Is he on our side? Is he on the queen's? Is it not that clear?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:22 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

kimba wrote:
I like the jumping around, it keeps it interesting, piecing together the puzzle. (Also, it jumps around a lot less than Lost did, so I'm happy.)

So the writer added the part about the keys that could open any door? I didn't quite get that part.

Exactly! The jumping around is way less than Lost and I actually didn't mind that. I like how it jumps back and forth and we have stories in both.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:35 pm 
Saggy Butt

Ok, just caught up before new episode tonight, except: my recording cut out right as Rumple was putting "True Love" in his magic potions case. Anything big happen after that, like with Mary Margaret and the key? Also, from what I've read above they never really showed what happened to Catherine (I missed part of that episode too!). Hearts are Regina's thing, was it someone else, like the writer as suggested, or just Regina?

I keep forgetting who some of these characters are when they pop up randomly! Forgot about who Belle was when she showed up in the tavern with Dreamy/Grumpy in one episode.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:48 pm 
Hip Goiter

We don't really know who did it to Catherine but I think we're supposed to assume Regina. Evidence kept piling up against MM so she used that key and escaped!!! I haven't watched tonight's yet; hope it was good.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:01 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Not enough Roger Daltrey! Otherwise, I give this episode one and a half "meh's".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:56 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

ndpittman wrote:
Not enough Roger Daltrey!

I know! I wish they would have given him a bigger part. I mean, if you're gonna get Roger Daltrey why not use him as much as you can.

I kinda liked this ep. Really I just thought the guy who played the Mad Hatter was hot(in Storybrooke, not so much in fairytale land). I'm also slightly obsessed w/Alice in Wonderland, though.

One thing about this show jumping around vs. Lost. I always felt like episodes of Lost accomplished something, and here, there have been a few episodes that I feel if I'd have missed them, I wouldn't be confused in the following episodes.

Really excited for next week's guest. Let's hope they use her more than they used Roger this week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:56 pm 
Hip Goiter

OMG he disappeared! She has magic! ahhhhh!
Just watching last night's. Like OBVIOUSLY when he told her the 2 people go in 2 people go out rule he should have realized she was going to deceive him bc that was so obvious. And sad. I'm sad the Queen of hearts wasn't HBC because her "I love a warm pig belly for my aching feet" is one of my favorite movie quotes. Um, this episode was insane. I liked it though. Stupid obstinate Emma and her refusal to believe.

Oh shiitake I should have known Gold and Regina were in on this together! Dammitdammitdammit!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:33 pm 
Saggy Butt

So Jefferson and Regina have the same names and know who they are in each world, I assumed Mr. Gold/Rumpy knows who he is in both, but not the same name? Is it because it's too known?

Emma needs to jump one of these hot guys hanging around her, we need some chemistry now that Snow/Charming aren't together right now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:38 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yeah I think Rumplestiltskin would have more trouble flying in our world than a Regina or a Jefferson would!!! Hahha.
I don't see how the name Jefferson relates to the Mad Hatter?

Totally agree. This show needs some lovin'.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:17 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Liz_D wrote:
So Jefferson and Regina have the same names and know who they are in each world, I assumed Mr. Gold/Rumpy knows who he is in both, but not the same name? Is it because it's too known?

Yeah, Mr.Gold told someone(Emma, maybe?) that he was Rumplestiltskin so he knows who is/was, but it'd be kinda weird if you met someone named Rumpy in the real world, no?

Quote:
Emma needs to jump one of these hot guys hanging around her, we need some chemistry now that Snow/Charming aren't together right now.

Snow/Charming weren't really that exciting either, IMO. Even that bit with Red before she killed the dude was more entertaining.

I really hope we get another Wonderland ep because I want to know who the Queen of Hearts is. I'm assuming she has to be someone in Storybrooke or else she wouldn't have been hidden.

Randi, one thing I saw about Jefferson = Mad Hatter was that he was named after the Jefferson Airplane song White Rabbit(who plays a big part in Alice), and it was written by Grace Slick, hence his daughter's name Grace.

According to Wikipedia(not totally reliable, I know) this was the lowest rated ep of the season :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:33 am 
Hip Goiter

Oh cool! I love that about the song connection.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:20 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

gaia13 wrote:
Liz_D wrote:

Yeah, Mr.Gold told someone(Emma, maybe?) that he was Rumplestiltskin so he knows who is/was, but it'd be kinda weird if you met someone named Rumpy in the real world, no?

Mr. Gold admitted to Regina that he knew he was Rumpelstiltskin. I think it he'd have told Emma, she would've thought he was crazy;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:39 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I also liked this ep. more than most others..finally! Not that it really accomplished too much, but Emma seems to see the light a tiny bit, and Wonderland is super entertaining. More of this one made sense, because it held pretty true to the fairytales, and it wasn't just like....WHAT?.

Lowest rated ep of the season?? Really? Hmmm. They have to pull some together now!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:08 am 
Hip Goiter

^ Yeah it made me so happy that they didn't try to tell us that Regina was the Queen of Hearts as well. She can't be the queen in every fairy tale!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:28 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

RandiJM wrote:
^ Yeah it made me so happy that they didn't try to tell us that Regina was the Queen of Hearts as well. She can't be the queen in every fairy tale!

Exactly what I was thinking! I was already groaning when she was with the hatter. thinking she would be that queen as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:37 pm 
Hip Goiter

AHHH! Tonight's ep is the Barbara Hershey one!!! Yessss I am so excited! From EW piece:

Quote:
On the red carpet for Once Upon a Time‘s panel at PaleyFest, co-creator Edward Kitsis warned us about Barbara Hersey’s debut as the Evil Queen’s mother in tonight’s episode. “When you see her and the way she speaks to Regina, the character she played in Black Swan will look weak,” he had said.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:40 pm 
Hip Goiter

I have a feeling this backstory of Regina is actually going to satisfy all of our questions. So far it makes total sense, and I think we all know what her mother is going to do. And Snow IS a liar! (though it's excusable for a dumb child.) Child-version looks like she studied Ginnifer's tapes and is making all the same faces - so crazy!

Yup I was right. Damn. That was really sad. I am pretty satisfied with that as the explanation for Regina's evil though. Good job, show!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:10 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Yeah, I thought that episode was highly needed. The casting of young Snow was spot on!! It actually creeped me out a little.

Barbara Hershey was brilliant! And scary! I feel like the audience can almost feel bad for Regina, but not quite. I don't know. She's out-eviled everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:15 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ndpittman wrote:
The casting of young Snow was spot on!! It actually creeped me out a little.

Yes, very strange. I just hope it all moves forward now!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:15 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

ndpittman wrote:
I feel like the audience can almost feel bad for Regina, but not quite. I don't know. She's out-eviled everyone.

Still watching but I totally feel bad for Regina, but it's still no excuse for being so horrible.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:04 pm 
Nailed to the V

Great episode! I'm glad we finally found out what Snow did that made Regina hate her so much. And now we know where Regina got that whole "ripping people's hearts out of their chests" habit. I wonder what happened to Mommie Dearest, since we never saw her in previous episodes where Regina was already queen. I'm guessing Regina took care of her, I hope we find out how. Was that Katherine in the parking lot at the end???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:32 pm 

it was katherine! took me a minute too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:24 pm 
Hip Goiter

appifanie wrote:
it was katherine! took me a minute too.

Oh yeah! I forgot to comment on this! What the heck!!!! I guess Regina faked the medical tests saying that it was Katherine. Maybe even she wouldn't kill her only sort-of friend?

Also yes I loved that Regina learned the heart-ripping thing from her mother.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:55 pm 

well the sheriff was walking around without his heart because regina holds the hearts to keep control...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:29 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

appifanie wrote:
well the sheriff was walking around without his heart because regina holds the hearts to keep control...

Yes, I am sure that heart was really Katherine's heart, but from the heart box. Although, shouldnt it have been all red and glowy? Well it hadn't been crushed, so Katherine can still be alive. I am confused and I love it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next