| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue May 26, 2015 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Game of Thrones Season 5 (no book spoilers)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:28 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I saw no one started a new thread, but if someone did feel free to delete.

I'm so excited. Child Cersei is such a horrible person. Emo Tyrion! Darth Sansa!
Also, I am a bad person and watched all four leaked episodes. All I can say is, as a book reader I'm excited it's diverging. As a viewer: fork this show, seriously. :|

What do you all think of the new season?

Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones Season 5 (no book spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:57 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I was wondering when this thread would pop up! I sort of hated the premier episode. I founding it mostly boring. There were a few scenes I liked (flashback child Cersei), but overall it was a dud for me. If this had been a mid season ep I probably wouldn't have cared, but for a season opener I feel pretty eh about it.

Hoping the next one is better!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:01 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I watched the last episode of season 4 right before the new episode, and it was basically picked right back up immediately, so in that respect I was into it. I don't think I ever won't be into an episode just because the show overall is so exciting! the dragons are so big!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:25 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

four leaked episodes, you say?

fork, i am busy til like mid june. now i am going to have to make time appear.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:23 am 
So Totally Yiffy

I thought it was a little dull, too, considering it was the season opener. But I'm so happy it's back on!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:12 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Is anyone else still watching? I feel like last season we had such an active thread!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:14 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I am! But I'm only an episode in as it takes me about three nights to finish an episode.*

*I can manage to stay up for maaaaybe 20 minutes after we put our bebe to bed because apparently all those late nights in my youth prepared me for nothing.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:42 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I want to read spoilers, people! I'm re-watching the first 4 seasons, then I'll watch this one, but I love reading other people's takes on what happens - get talking! (I spoiler myself on shows all the time and it is the best ever.)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:35 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

My random thoughts on this week's episode (in no particular order):

-SO BORED with the Daenerys story line. I realize that everyone else loves Daenerys and her dragons though so I guess I'm the odd one out on this.
-I was kind of interested to see Tyrion meet up with her, but it looks like that's not going to happen soon now that he and Jorah are stranded. I'm also worried about Jorah and his greyscale. Poor guy.
-I also find Jon Snow boring, which I guess also makes me weird because I think a lot of people like that one. Every time it shows the north I usually sigh and complain at the tv.
-I normally don't like Sansa, but I'm digging the Sansa-Ramsey story line. Mostly because I find Roose Bolton really funny (he has taken the place of my love for Tywin...I like insanely biquey characters). I think that Theon is going to kill Ramsey because he kept making crazy eyes when he was serving them at dinner. I really hate Theon and I hope he dies. I don't mind Ramsey, his craziness is entertaining. I'm not sure about his girlfriend though, I think she's going to be trouble.
-What's going on with Ayria? When will we get to see her again?? Also I miss Cersei, she's my favourite. I guess there's not a lot of excitement going on in King's Landing these days though.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:39 pm 

you don't mind Ramsey! to me he's like old Theon, but 1000x worse. I hope they both die! Ramsey is nearly as bad as Joffrey, but he just doesn't have any real power so he can't be quiet as forked up. Poor Sansa. I think Jon Snow is boring, too, but I like other people at the wall.

this season is either kinda boring or we are just getting a little desensitized to horrific shiitake and need them to really up their game to keep us entertained.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:19 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Yeah, I find this season a little dull too. I haven't read the books but I find it a bit odd that they (HBO) have diverted from the book story line this season but instead of making the story more interesting they have made it more boring.

I have no idea why I find Ramsey funny but hated Joffrey and hate Theon. It's bizarre, I admit that.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:50 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

i wonder if they're making the first episodes boring so we're more shocked by the horror later?

i liked that brienne figured out a way to protect sansa without asking her directly.

i hope we find out what gendry's been up to.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:01 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i feel like now i am watching with triple attention to find the deviations from the book, since pretty much every storyline has now gone off the rails. Except for Daeny, who is still boring as shiitake.

Also, Ser Barristan dead. sigh. I feel like so much of the cool stuff in the Daeny storyline got thrown under the bus in favor of the Grey Worm + Translator Lady lovey lovey stuff.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:05 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I'm not happy with how they've deviated from the books and what that means for certain characters in later episodes.

I also don't like how they made Sansa a badass at the end of the last season, and now she's just sitting around waiting for the other shoe to drop with Ramsay (and apparently getting taunted by Ramsay's girlfriend).

Stannis the Mannis, the one true king wrote:
Fewer

I give exactly zero forks about the Night's Watch (I didn't even care about those parts of the books), but I'm coming around to Stannis. Dany's story is getting boring - more* DRAGONS!

Speaking of which, are we to assume that the dragon Tyrion and Ser Jorah saw was Drogon or some other dragon? I'm thinking Drogon, but who knows.

I think/hope the next episode will be Cersei and maybe a bit of Arya, but there isn't a synopsis on IMDb.

*I did not realise this was filtered.

ETA: Yeah, I really don't care about the Grey Worm/Missandei storyline. It serves no purpose other than taking time away from more interesting characters.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:39 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

rachell37 wrote:

Speaking of which, are we to assume that the dragon Tyrion and Ser Jorah saw was Drogon or some other dragon? I'm thinking Drogon, but who knows.

I assumed it was Drogon, but I have no idea.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:50 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I quite like the Daenerys storyline, in that she didn't just liberate the city and everyone said 'Hurrah' and lived happily ever after.

When is Arya going to become Black Widow? I also want Sansa to finally snap and go rampaging.

The Wall is quite dull and I do feel like the White Walkers need to be a bigger part, I feel like by Season 5 we should be seeing more action.

Mat.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:57 am 
Ninja Master

I assumed Drogon too.

I dunno yet about this season. I think it often starts slow, although last year they kill off Joffrey early.

Stannis has grown on me too. In fact I always kind of liked him. But I don't like his fiery friend. She's annoying!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:29 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I'm lukewarm on Stannis. I really don't like the witch though. I dig Davos using an onion as his sigil. Yum, onions!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:25 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I agree with supercarrot, where is Gendry? Did he drown in that little rowboat? Did the Drowned god get him? What is dead may never die? Come back Gendry!

I hope Arya and Danny meet soon. I want to watch the Arya, Tyrion, Danny show.

Also I thought the bond between Princess Shireen and Gilly was really sweet. I like how Princess Shireen is all for teaching people to read.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:03 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i also really like having Gilly and Shireen around. Neither featured much in the book, and they've been made into fun characters.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:14 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

rachell37 wrote:
Stannis the Mannis, the one true king wrote:
Fewer

YES!

"Your mother was a superstitious hamster, and your father smelled of elderberry (right before he died of an untreated infection). Now go away, before we taunt you with your credulous magical thinking a second time!" - Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:28 am 
Saggy Butt

torque wrote:
i feel like now i am watching with triple attention to find the deviations from the book, since pretty much every storyline has now gone off the rails. Except for Daeny, who is still boring as shiitake.

Also, Ser Barristan dead. sigh. I feel like so much of the cool stuff in the Daeny storyline got thrown under the bus in favor of the Grey Worm + Translator Lady lovey lovey stuff.

Yes! Until this season I've been happy to wait for the dvd's to come out, but I had to watch this one now since it's deviating. I hope it'll go beyond the end of book 5 so some of those cliffhangers that have bothered me for years will be answered. And I was crushed when Ser Barristan died. He was my favorite part of the the Meereen storyline. Other than the obvious love for Arya and Tyrion, I really love Sansa and have high hopes for her if she can stop moping and start conniving.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:34 pm 

Well, fork you hbo. Not sure if I'm going to keep watching. I want to see what happens to the characters, but I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. If ramsay dies a horrible death can someone let me know so I can watch that episode again.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:33 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

no no no no no no no!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:10 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

They basically told everyone this was coming. I think Sansa and Littlefinger had the conversation (last episode, earlier?) about how awful Ramsey is, but that submitting to his torture (via marriage) for a while might let her regain her home. For once I forsee a Stark coming out on top in a situation. It's Ramsey and the Boltons vs. Sansa, all the northerners around them, Brienne, and Stannis's army.