| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Grimm
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:17 pm 
Nailed to the V

Tonight. 9pm. Anyone watching? It's also on the same time as Supernatural.

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/

Post subject: Re: Grimm
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:41 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I'll be watching. It doesn't air opposite Supernatural here, so I can have my cake and eat it too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:11 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I'm freaking out! It airs during Fringe and Supernatural, so I can't even dvr it. I guess I'll have to catch Fringe online because I really want to see this. I hope they change the time slot, though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:16 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i was just going to ask if i should watch this or fringe, but ill follow mo's lead. grimm it is! besides, fringe is annoying me. bring back pacey!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:00 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

nevermind! no fringe. world series. phew!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:15 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

im really confused.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:05 pm 
protein lump

i really liked it. although, i was annoyed that they identified the first victim as female based on pink running shoes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:00 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I am so freaking excited that Sam from Caprica is in it! And I really loved the visual style, but otherwise I wasn't particularly impressed. I'll probably give it a chance, though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:18 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Mike is SOOOO stoked for this!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:17 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Okay. I just watched it, and I have a lot to say. The pink running shoes thing annoyed me too! I was also wigged by all the blatant advertising.

However, I found the visual style to be amazing. I felt like I was watching a fairy tale. Especially, the killer's house. The whole way he sees the bad guys is creepy as fork. I love it! When he was running around with the reformed wolf guy, I started thinking that maybe there is something that could replace the Buffy shaped hole in my heart.

I really hope the fight scenes start to look better, though. That bit with his aunt looked ridic.

Overall, I really liked it! I hope it doesn't get axed because network television is totally lacking in imagination and new ideas. This idea is fantabulous.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:49 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I liked it a lot as well! I agree the visual style was really cool. I loved the super vivid colours. I also liked the good wolf guy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:37 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I only watched the 20 minute preview on demand so far. But I'm glad to hear you all liked it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:02 am 
Saggy Butt

mixmaster_mo wrote:
Okay. I just watched it, and I have a lot to say. The pink running shoes thing annoyed me too! I was also wigged by all the blatant advertising.

However, I found the visual style to be amazing. I felt like I was watching a fairy tale. Especially, the killer's house. The whole way he sees the bad guys is creepy as fork. I love it! When he was running around with the reformed wolf guy, I started thinking that maybe there is something that could replace the Buffy shaped hole in my heart.

I really hope the fight scenes start to look better, though. That bit with his aunt looked ridic.

Overall, I really liked it! I hope it doesn't get axed because network television is totally lacking in imagination and new ideas. This idea is fantabulous.

Yes Yes to all of this! The advertising is total overkill and I really hope they start to tone that down a bit but other than that I loved it. Ironically I was just saying to my sister how I feel like this show might help fill that void in my heart that Buffy left.

I think anyone that was a fan of Buffy/Angel needs to watch this! I love the mix of suspense, horror, mythology, drama, and humor. It all blends together really well on this show. My favorite part though is the Buffy-esque humor. I already adore the wolf guy and his witty sarcastic comments. (Dude better not die!!! Ever!)

I'm excited about the rest of the season and I hope it doesn't let me down.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:33 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm hoping to watch this online today. I missed it's premiere but it sounds awesome. A bit like Being Human, except the guy appears to actually be human.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:46 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

The hubs and I watched it last night...We live in Portland, so was kinda cool to see things that looked familiar. Actually was really scared at one point but I'm kind of a horror genre wuss, so I guess it wouldn't take much. Didn't understand it when it seemed like it was going to go to a commercial and then the screen said Grimm - I got ready to turn the channel through the commercial then it started again....huh? Did I miss something? Anyway, will maybe watch again to see how the characters develop. It's been very positive on the news here and all the actors have said how they love filming in PDX.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:00 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I just watched it! The whole red thing reminded me of Buffy (mainly The Wish). It totally had the whole abrupt commercial Buffy thing, too. It was very visually appealing. The wolf guy was cool.

It has a cross between the Being Human pilot and Being Human series when it comes to feeling. So great! I'm really looking forward to watching this. It has a lot of potential.

Was the guy at the end his boss? I couldn't tell, it takes about 5-7 episodes for everyone to stop looking the same for me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:36 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I actually went out on a Friday night! I hope it shows up on demand soon. I have been looking forward to it since the summer.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:34 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Stevie Whole Grain wrote:
The hubs and I watched it last night...We live in Portland, so was kinda cool to see things that looked familiar. Actually was really scared at one point but I'm kind of a horror genre wuss, so I guess it wouldn't take much. Didn't understand it when it seemed like it was going to go to a commercial and then the screen said Grimm - I got ready to turn the channel through the commercial then it started again....huh? Did I miss something? Anyway, will maybe watch again to see how the characters develop. It's been very positive on the news here and all the actors have said how they love filming in PDX.

It looked like they did lots of filming in Forest Park and at Reed College. Did you recognize any other sites?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:40 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

The beginning segment where she picked up the figurine was Tryon Creek Park. I thought I recognized Forest Park as well. I thought it interesting that they weren't trying to hide the fact that it's filmed in Portland. I thought they would call it Greenville, or something equally generic, but some of the scenes at the police department clearly showed Portland Police Bureau on the door. Some of the neighborhoods looked familiar. Why is it that Portland has such a distinctive style to it? And the first show didn't even have any rain in any of the scenes...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ha, seriously, I'm hoping for more rain.

I really enjoyed the premiere, and I enjoyed the "this season on GRIMM" preview even more so.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:47 pm 
Saggy Butt

jdfunks wrote:
Ha, seriously, I'm hoping for more rain.

I really enjoyed the premiere, and I enjoyed the "this season on GRIMM" preview even more so.

Yeah the previews really look promising.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:32 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

mixmaster_mo wrote:
I'm freaking out! It airs during Fringe and Supernatural, so I can't even dvr it. I guess I'll have to catch Fringe online because I really want to see this. I hope they change the time slot, though.

I'm sticking with DVRing Supernatural and Fringe and I'll see/hope if Grimm is available on demand.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:00 am 
Nailed to the V

It's on Hulu already and it came on tv again last night. The lead actor needs to get some personality if it's going to be compared to Buffy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:10 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Peri wrote:
It's on Hulu already and it came on tv again last night. The lead actor needs to get some personality if it's going to be compared to Buffy.

That's true. Good looks aren't enough!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:07 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Nobody compared it to Buffy! I simply said some of the interactions made me hope it could maybe fill that part of my life again. I doubt anything will compare to Buffy if Whedon isn't involved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next