| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grimm
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:14 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

RandiJM wrote:
I'm really nervous for his fiancee, bc we all know she isn't going to last long.

Word to this!

I liked this third episode way more than the second. That whole bee thing was interesting. And I have such a huge damn crush on Russel Hornsby. It's a bit ridic. Creeping me out because he looks like one of my old coworkers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:24 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

After episode two I gave up on this show. My husband is still watching it though.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:25 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Thessaly wrote:
I felt bad for the queen bee! She had such good hair! Also, he's doing a crappy job being a Grimm so far.

I can't believe they brought in Nana Visitor as a guest star and she had just a few scenes and then they killed her. Jeeze!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:19 am 
Smuggling Raisins

The last episode was soo much better compared to the second. I still have no love for the main character though. He's not bad but I just don't feel any connection to the character.

RandiJM wrote:
I'm really nervous for his fiancee, bc we all know she isn't going to last long.

I was assuming that she's going to turn out to be a backstabbing traitor. I don't trust that woman!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:32 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It's got potential. Which usually means it'll get canceled the moment it starts getting good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:43 am 
Hip Goiter

lostgirl12 wrote:
The last episode was soo much better compared to the second. I still have no love for the main character though. He's not bad but I just don't feel any connection to the character.

RandiJM wrote:

I was assuming that she's going to turn out to be a backstabbing traitor. I don't trust that woman!!

Ooh that would be much better! Like if after all this time she turned out to be a fembot

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:58 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I like the show so far, but for some reason I don't see it lasting much longer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:37 am 
Not NOT A Furry

The reformed big bad wolf, Monroe, is the actor Silas Weir Mitchell. He was great as Haywire, but I also like him when he pops up on "Burn Notice."

The righthand witch-beast for the police captain, who was the target of the bee people and tried to off Aunt Marie, is an actress named Claire Coffee who came up in sketch and improv with Upright Citizens Brigade. I'd only seen a little of her work before this show, but it's still cool to see her in such a big role!
Kiersten wrote:
I like the show so far, but for some reason I don't see it lasting much longer.

It's actually doing pretty good in the ratings so far! At least, considering it's on the last place network on one of the two worst nights for a TV show to air (Fridays and Saturdays aren't ratings bonanzas). If it holds up against "CSI," "Supernatural," and "Fringe," I could see NBC moving it to another night, especially since the other fairy tale show on TV this year ("Once Upon A Time" on ABC) is doing so well. NBC needs what hits it's got, and "Grimm" is considered a hit for them so far.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:33 pm 
Hip Goiter

This is a creepy one. (Oh they all are.)
I really can't watch this show alone.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:19 pm 

I forgot I have the complete Grimm. I am going to nerd out and read the stories they do episodes about. I wonder what activity Monroe will be engrossed in when he is interrupted next time.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:59 pm 
Hip Goiter

Ooh I don't know the less popular stories; I'd love to know the ones you read that correspond to the episodes. Or at least the names.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:57 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I watched it to see what I will recognize around Portland. They seem to be filming quite a bit in the NW/West Hills/Pearl-ish area. I didn't really care for the first ep, but then again, this genre ain't my bag. I would like to watch the ep that was filmed a block away from my work (there's a awesome bed and breakfast they used), so let me know if y'all see anything like that. (yes, my description was vague...)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:28 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

last night's episode was about a gorgeous bed & breakfast! is it huge and turquoise?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:31 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

aaah, they are getting scarier! I liked this ep. I'm blanking on what reaper was killer earlier? Who was the french guy trying to revenge?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:30 pm 
Hip Goiter

Thessaly wrote:
aaah, they are getting scarier! I liked this ep. I'm blanking on what reaper was killer earlier? Who was the french guy trying to revenge?

I thought maybe the guy from the first episode, whom he fought with his aunt.

And dude, yeah, this show is really scary. I get scared of the shadows and look under the bed.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:40 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Ah ok, I didn't really pay very good attention the first ep since I wasn't sure if I even wanted to be watching this show. I'll have to look into it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:42 pm 

RandiJM wrote:
Ooh I don't know the less popular stories; I'd love to know the ones you read that correspond to the episodes. Or at least the names.

I found "The Queen Bee" easily but it took me a lot longer to track down the goat dude story until I saw there was one called "Bluebeard". I read some others while I did that since most are short. They do tell the names of the stories on the nbc site with summaries of the originals. I know they aren't meant to be exact re-tellings if the originals so it is interesting to see how they use them to inspire new stories. I'm still cracking up at Jimmy Barrett being a ladies' man.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:27 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

strawberryrock wrote:
rocklobster wrote:
when i went to oregon i ate dozens of voodoo myself. and there was no line.

But they're supposed to be Portlanders! And how long ago were you there? I feel like it's been years since there's been no line.

(Yes this is the most important thing to discuss about this show, obvs.)

Guys!... Guys!!! it's called their east store... On sandy blvd.... Jeez Louise! I go there all the time. I can't believe you're all missing out on voodoo donuts because you think there's a line! There's almost never a line at the sandy store.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:32 am 

Also, I kind of like the show. But I also kind of like Babylon 5, so I'm not too picky when it comes to sci-fi/fantasy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:01 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Mars wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:
rocklobster wrote:

But they're supposed to be Portlanders! And how long ago were you there? I feel like it's been years since there's been no line.

Guys!... Guys!!! it's called their east store... On sandy blvd.... Jeez Louise! I go there all the time. I can't believe you're all missing out on voodoo donuts because you think there's a line! There's almost never a line at the sandy store.

yeah! thats where i ate! because i was able to walk to corndogs after. and i was embarrassed about having a ton of donuts with me, so i ate most of them before my dinner. and i ate them in eugene. and the "main" voodoo was closed for remodeling.

this last episode was almost good. except that the entire time i was like oh hey, why dont you forking call for backup. ill keep watching it online i guess, but i think the show is poorly made.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:31 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Mars wrote:
Also, I kind of like the show. But I also kind of like Babylon 5, so I'm not too picky when it comes to sci-fi/fantasy.

What are you trying to say about Babylon 5!? Liking that show is not an indication of bad taste!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:09 pm 

It's a joke!

Kind of.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:38 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Mars wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:
rocklobster wrote:

I used to live right by the eastside location and for a while there was no line and then it got longer and longer...I have not been for over a year though.

I was talking to jdfunks about how we should start a Grimm thread for Portlanders to discuss things like this.

Oh the bed and breakfast is right by my work and I saw it being filmed but I had no idea what they were filming, I thought it must be Leverage or something.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:45 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I'm disappointed. I don't know if it's me or the show but I'm just not that into it like I thought I would be. It just hasn't met my expectations and I have issues paying attention to the show because I get so easily distracted when it's on. The main character bores me and I really don't care about his character. The only reason I keep watching is because of Monroe. He's the only one I find engaging and entertaining. He's hysterical.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:54 am 

strawberryrock wrote:
I used to live right by the eastside location and for a while there was no line and then it got longer and longer...I have not been for over a year though..

I think they increased their hours or something, because a couple years ago I noticed that but now it's all a-okay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next