| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Silly and shallow celebrity gossip
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:25 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Quote:
LisaPunk, I saw Gwen Stefani in Boston once. She and Gavin and Kingston (in a stroller) were walking down Boylston Street into Chinatown. A friend and I followed them for a little bit, but then we started to feel creepy. Plus, we didn't really want to go up and bother them or anything.

i literally would have peed myself if i saw them.
normally i would agree about leaving people alone and respecting their privacy but in terms of the great goddess Gwen i dont think i would have been able to stop myself.

i can honestly say she's the only celebrity i feel that way about. i mean i certainly have other celebrity favorites but im completely obsessed wtih Gwen. it aint normal ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:53 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Fee wrote:
I love the name Blue.

I also love the name. I think it's adorable. I am kinda down with the not-so-ordinary names.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:39 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh my goodness River King is the best name!! It's like a mythological creature.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

RandiJM wrote:
Bear Blu is Alicia Silverstone's lil vegan baby!!
I love that you followed Gwen and Gavin, oh my goodness.

Why can celebrities give their kids crazy names and we can't?! So not fair.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:05 pm 
Hip Goiter

bc they have the money to pay for all the therapy that will be needed.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:36 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

And since they're the children of famous people, they'll be respected no matter what their names are

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:49 pm 
WELFARIST!

I rarely hear anyone dissing Gwen Stefani and Johnny Depp, even from those types of people who hate everyone. And whether you like them as musician or actor seems irrelevant, what I mean is it's as if they're the kind of approachable-seeming celebs everyone believes they could be personal pals with, or something like that. I never hear anyone say I hate Johnny Depp! Or I hate Gwen Stefani!, not in my experience.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:01 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i dont ever hear people diss Johnny Depp but i have a few friends who claim Gwen is a man. i think it might be more to get a rise out of me though ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:46 am 
WELFARIST!

This week's National Enquirer reports that Larry Hagman (JR on Dallas - a very popular 80s night time soap for those who don't know who he is) is a vegan. (He's having a health crisis--I think prostate cancer--and is being encouraged by Michael Douglas towards healthy eating as per NE.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:15 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i feel really bad but i thought he already died :-(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:13 pm 
WELFARIST!

also, I can't confirm this, just as a result of googling up on Larry Hagman's veganism--Rev Al Sharpton has gone vegan? Apparently.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:31 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I think people don't normally diss Johnny Depp because he is pretty good at keeping his life private, the people who are vastly hated by the media/public tend to get photographed a lot because of where they live and what they do (like if you live in LA and are constantly going to clubs and shopping on Rodeo Drive, you're probably going to get your picture taken more than if you live in France). So not only do those people get picked apart more because of their visability, but they distract from people who are pretty normal despite what their career choice may indicate.

It takes a lot for me to HATE a famous person, and it's usually because they say stupid/ignorant/hateful things, which would make me dislike anyone.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:36 pm 
WELFARIST!

^^ This is true. Case in point being the Kardashians as there's a lot of venom toward them these days and it seems because of overexposure, more than anything. I mean, no one actually knows these people on any personal level from watching them on TV (or watching their movies or reading their book or hearing their music, or whatever the case may be for any given famous person).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:43 pm 

Yeah, people like the Kardashians and Paris Hilton are a 'hate the game, not the player' thing. If the media would stop following them around, falling over themselves to pay them a hojillion dollars for a few posed photos, etc., they would fade into the woodwork. They could still earn a living with endorsement deals and then we wouldn't be bombarded with their faces every time one of them takes a shiitake on their diamond toilet.

Although now that I think of it, I can't remember the last time I heard anything about Paris Hilton. I went through a brief addiction to celebrity gossip a few years ago, and cut myself off cold turkey. Everything I know, I get from looking at magazine covers in line at the grocery store.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:44 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Man, it's totally bumming me out that Johnny and Vanessa might split! I love him, he'll always be my #1 celeb crush, and I want him to stay with lady and kids. The idea of single Johnny behavior is a total turn-off, I like reclusive Johnny who lives in France.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:46 pm 

ALSO while being able to follow people on twitter whose work I admire and respect, and to easily be able to tell them that they're awesome, sometimes having actors/musicians so accessible to us backfires. Like how I had to unfollow Kimya Dawson because she kept tweeting about her chickens getting killed/lost, her cat vomiting blood and roundworms, and her dog shitting itself because they lit fireworks right next to it. She is a super nice person but I don't want to hear about how you don't take care of your animals.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

mrsbadmouth wrote:
ALSO while being able to follow people on twitter whose work I admire and respect, and to easily be able to tell them that they're awesome, sometimes having actors/musicians so accessible to us backfires. Like how I had to unfollow Kimya Dawson because she kept tweeting about her chickens getting killed/lost, her cat vomiting blood and roundworms, and her dog shitting itself because they lit fireworks right next to it. She is a super nice person but I don't want to hear about how you don't take care of your animals.

I don't know who she is, but what a total piece of shiitake person she sounds like!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:52 pm 

GraciaKai wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:

I don't know who she is, but what a total piece of shiitake person she sounds like!

esme told her to let the vet keep her cat and asked her what the fork was wrong with her when she said the thing about the dog. It was amazing, but she didn't reply. I waited a few days to see if there were any cat updates before I unfollowed her.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:07 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Anyone who enjoy abusing animals because it's so funny when they shiitake themselves is seriously wrong in the head.

I can remember listening to the Matt and Ramona radio show one morning and they were talking about some idiot celebrity model who left her cat alone in her apartment for a month, without food or water, and the neighbors called the police to see what was that nasty smell coming from her apartment. Ramona laughed and laughed and laughed when Matt told her that the police found a dead cat. Seriously, what is wrong with people? I haven't listened to them since.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:13 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I would have unfollowed her too! I have a twitter, but I think if I actually payed any attention to it I would want to start killing people by the hundreds. Celebrity or not! People are wicked.

I'll admit to watching trash television cause if people are willing to make asparagi of themselves on tv, then I have a right to watch them and laugh. But other than that I have no idea what's going on in the world of celeb-reality.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:01 am 
So Totally Yiffy

I love trashy celeb gossip. I've held back in my reading of it recently though, I literally felt like it was taking over my brain.

Gwen is my hero, No Doubt are my favourite band ever. I met her about 10 years ago. She wasn't very nice. I was crushed. Took me a while to like her again, but I'm over it now and I just want ND to release their new album!

Khloe Kardashian... I read the other day that the paternity test she took on TV was to prove that Kris is her mum, which it did, but there was no mention of her Dad. Dodgy. I like Khloe, I find Kim absolutely insufferable, and I dislike myself for even having an opinion on them!

My absolute guilty pleasure is Girls of the Playboy Mansion on E!. The first few series, not the later one with the twins in it, ew.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I love Girls Next Door! I have the first three seasons on DVD. Totes worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:27 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

mrsbadmouth wrote:
GraciaKai wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:

esme told her to let the vet keep her cat and asked her what the fork was wrong with her when she said the thing about the dog. It was amazing, but she didn't reply. I waited a few days to see if there were any cat updates before I unfollowed her.

I used to like Kate Beckinsale, but I totally stopped after seeing this:
Spoiler: show

I realize the dog is in a harness and probably doesn't weigh that much, but still.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ugh!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:21 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh my goodness she is now on my list of celebs I want to meet, just so I can give her a talking-to. And punch her in the face.

Laughfrodisiac

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 941 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 38  Next