| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 940 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
 Post subject: Re: Silly and shallow celebrity gossip
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:02 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I love her dress here, but once again, I've got to say "Hollywood obese" my forking asparagus. I don't even want to know what I would be in Hollywood then.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:25 pm 
Semen Strong

We were talking about that in the body shaming thread, and it does seem like she is the only person who refers to herself as being obese by Hollywood standards. I saw her standing next to Lupita Nyong'o and they looked to have similar bodytypes. Jennifer Lawrence seems to be more like the young Hollywood actresses than the ones we know as being plus size - like Melissa McCarthy, Gabourey Sidibe or Lena Dunham.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... wards.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Someone leaked one of Quentin Tarantino's scripts, and now he's not making the film. I don't know why he's so butthurt - it's not like he has any original ideas anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:41 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Tofulish wrote:
We were talking about that in the body shaming thread, and it does seem like she is the only person who refers to herself as being obese by Hollywood standards. I saw her standing next to Lupita Nyong'o and they looked to have similar bodytypes. Jennifer Lawrence seems to be more like the young Hollywood actresses than the ones we know as being plus size - like Melissa McCarthy, Gabourey Sidibe or Lena Dunham.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... wards.html

I think she said that because early on when she was first cast as Katniss in the Hunger Games there actually was a lot of criticism that she should be thinner. I remember that being one of the first things I'd ever heard about her as an actress - that her casting was actually controversial because people were expecting someone who was a lot thinner due to the whole setting of the books. Then she came out publicly and said no, I'm not losing weight for the role, I don't know if she was asked to or not. And I think that affected her, along with a few other things that are very Hollywood normal - like being photoshopped thinner on magazine covers that probably make her feel Hollywood Obese, even if she isn't.

It doesn't sound fun, this Hollywood thing. In Tina Fey's book she talks about a typical photoshoot where she never lies and tells anyone that she's some size she's not, yet they still show up with all these sample dresses for her to wear in sizes 0 or 2 and then make her squeeze into them and hide the back or cut it and photoshop out the clips or whatever. And I think Mindy Kaling had a part in her book where she talked about the wardrobe being available to her only being a much too small dress or a much too huge dress and then act like she's the one causing trouble because she doesn't fit in either. The whole thing sounds like ...how could you not feel fat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:36 pm 
Semen Strong

Thanks for the context Fee!

That stuff about wardrobe bringing the wrong sized clothes and making Mindy and Tina feel bad is just horrible and would seem like incompetence. I assume its the magazines using their samples closet and not wardrobe on the shows they are on. Also, I wonder if it is because sizing is just insane - its not like anyone uses an industry standard template for what any size should look like. It is mildly amusing though to think that when you see a gorgeous stylish cover, the reality of the shoot is someone standing there in a dress that was hacked apart and then held together in the back with duct tape and string.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:22 pm 
A Bad Person

rachell37 wrote:
Someone leaked one of Quentin Tarantino's scripts, and now he's not making the film. I don't know why he's so butthurt - it's not like he has any original ideas anyway.

I always look forward to a new Tarantino film. I'm disappointed that this means I'll probably have to wait longer before I get another one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:36 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

Desdemona wrote:
"Who Are They? It Will Never Matter." (I have been laughing at this all afternoon; it's exactly what I think when I see these magazines at the grocery checkout!)

This was so excellent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:57 pm 
Hip Goiter

brian wrote:
I always look forward to a new Tarantino film. I'm disappointed that this means I'll probably have to wait longer before I get another one.

Same. This sucks. And I can definitely understand how he feels. If I worked really hard on something and people saw it before I was ready for them to, I'd get that awful nauseous anger I get sometimes.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:16 pm 

I *think* this is Miley, and if so, is she ageless? A vampire? I mean how could she look the same as she did over 20 years ago? Because there's no way she's wearing that outfit in this decade.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:39 pm 
***LIES!!!***

#WouldDefinitelyRockThat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:19 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

is that thing on her stomach jewelry or maybe her earpiece fell out?

i think she took Britney and Justin's matching denim outfits from the days of yore and made it all PUNK cause she is so PUNKRAWK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:31 am 

I was just looking at Rose McGowan's Facebook page (it has the verified checkmark thing) and it was such a disappointment. I have no idea why I held her to some kind of higher standard than someone like Paris Hilton, but I shouldn't have. Her page could totally be Paris' page. It's all so shallow and gross. Tons of selfies and glamorizing LA. There's even a pic she posted where she's standing next to a dead hawk and she's modeling her new shoes, and she wrote "New shoes, dead hawk." Then there's all the fur she's wearing in the selfies and she's promoting McDonald's in one pic.
https://www.facebook.com/RoseMcGowan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:05 am 

Laura Prepon (Donna from That 70s show and Alex from Orange is the New Black) is rumored to be dating Tom Cruise. I really hope this isn't true.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:44 am 
Bathes in Braggs

bastah wrote:
I was just looking at Rose McGowan's Facebook page (it has the verified checkmark thing) and it was such a disappointment. I have no idea why I held her to some kind of higher standard than someone like Paris Hilton, but I shouldn't have. Her page could totally be Paris' page. It's all so shallow and gross. Tons of selfies and glamorizing LA. There's even a pic she posted where she's standing next to a dead hawk and she's modeling her new shoes, and she wrote "New shoes, dead hawk." Then there's all the fur she's wearing in the selfies and she's promoting McDonald's in one pic.
https://www.facebook.com/RoseMcGowan

The first thing I saw when I looked at it was this though: https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 0103_n.jpg

I expected worse.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:59 am 
Discovered unobtainium

bastah wrote:
Laura Prepon (Donna from That 70s show and Alex from Orange is the New Black) is rumored to be dating Tom Cruise. I really hope this isn't true.

Pretty sure it is. She was rumored to be on the "try out" list that Scientology was working on for Cruise. I don't remember if her whole family is in Scientology, but she has been for a long time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 940 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38