| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Adam Carolla: I knew there was a reason I didn't like this man:
Quote:

The lesson you learned from a sexual harassment seminar was “Don’t hire chicks.” Do you hate working with women?

No. But they make you hire a certain number of chicks, and they’re always the least funny on the writing staff. The reason why you know more funny dudes than funny chicks is that dudes are funnier than chicks. If my daughter has a mediocre sense of humor, I’m just gonna tell her, “Be a staff writer for a sitcom. Because they’ll have to hire you, they can’t really fire you, and you don’t have to produce that much. It’ll be awesome.”

The “are women funny” debate has grown very contentious. You’re not worried about reactions to this?

I don’t care. When you’re picking a basketball team, you’ll take the brother over the guy with the yarmulke. Why? Because you’re playing the odds. When it comes to comedy, of course there’s Sarah Silverman, Tina Fey, Kathy Griffin — super-funny chicks. But if you’re playing the odds? No.

If Joy Behar or Sherri Shepherd was a dude, they’d be off TV. They’re not funny enough for dudes. What if Roseanne Barr was a dude? Think we’d know who she was? Honestly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:20 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

oh, i'd been wondering what sparked the most recent round of commentary on whether women are funny! thanks for enlightening me!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:34 pm 
Saggy Butt

Anyone watching this season?

I watched the first season religiously because I was a big fan of Marilu Henner's at the time...I have some personal issues with her now but have to give her props because she led me to veganism. I watched the second season too but then dropped off. I started again last week out of curiosity...boy how things can change in five years! I thought it was really trashy, but nevertheless may have a new guilty pleasure. I'm not rooting for anyone this time around, just interested in how it will all play out. Who are you rooting for and why?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:58 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I watched the first episode, but I don't think I can watch any more as long as Omarosa is there. She's the most horrible, disrespectful, manipulative person, and is in absolutely no way entertaining. I cannot watch people get manipulated and screwed over like that - it stresses me out and disgusts me.

This is all very unfortunate, too, because I really love some of the other contestants, and I'd be watching very loyally if not for her. Sucks about Brett, because I think Trump was planning to fire him straight away no matter what. I have a soft spot for that trashy aging rocker.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:32 am 
Saggy Butt

She's a vile human being, and definitely just there for ratings. By the looks of things she'll be "getting hers" so to speak in tonight's episode, but I doubt she'll be let go so soon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:26 am 
WELFARIST!

I think they'll keep Omarosa around for a while. Dramz!

I don't take this show as a game or competition, especially since Arsenio won over Clay and it came out that Arsenio was trying to launch a talk show on NBC soon after the last Celeb Apprentice run (not sure whatever happened to that talk show as it hasn't appeared yet).

I have a soft spot for Bret too and don't think it's that hard to understand why, even though he's a show champion, why he'd come back to win more for his charity because DT went on and on about it. I love how hard Donald was trying to grasp that. Donald it's SO EASY. But DT's too interested in separating the winnahs from the losahs in life that he can't fathom why anyone would come back to DO MORE GOOD and try to win more for their charity this time around than sit on the other side of the boardroom table alongside him. His ego has permanently eclipsed all other reason, apparently.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:35 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I never saw the first season with Omarosa , but holy hell that woman is an evil bisque. I admit to being shocked that LaToya didn't bring her back in the board room but I understand why. She figured there would be no way Trump would fire her and I think she's right. He was full of shiitake when he claimed he would've fired Omarosa had she been brought back. She brings in the ratings. Ratings which are suffering due to the fact that the show is up against The Walking Dead.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:56 pm 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, no way will Trump fire Omarosa yet. She infuriates everyone! She's too good at it. I can't think of a person where she doesn't get under their skin when she wants to.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:00 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

FINALLY! I really, really wish that she would never be on my television again. She's just horrible, aggressive, argumentative, and combative - and the only purpose is self-serving. I absolutely detest people like that, and I won't allow them in my life. I'm so glad that I'll be able to actually enjoy this whole show now (as opposed to only enjoying the scenes that didn't involve her).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:55 am 
WELFARIST!

I figured that all Omarosa does is talk over people that's how she "wins fights" because Dennis just kept talking over her in boardroom, using her methods, and they were both talking at once and that's how it goes, you just gotta keep interrupting her, like she keeps interrupting you until they've got enough tape for broadcast and call it a day.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:49 pm 
WELFARIST!

I'm voting for Lil Jon or Lisa Rinna to win. I think we're down to the final four now (Penn, Lisa, Trace & Lil Jon). Trace seems checked out and disinterested in the tasks and the show and not applying himself anymore (Marilu said as much last show and I kinda see what she means just from the teevee). I figure Trace will go next.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:19 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

seitanicverses wrote:
I'm voting for Lil Jon or Lisa Rinna to win. I think we're down to the final four now (Penn, Lisa, Trace & Lil Jon). Trace seems checked out and disinterested in the tasks and the show and not applying himself anymore (Marilu said as much last show and I kinda see what she means just from the teevee). I figure Trace will go next.

Agreed. I want Lil Jon to win. Lisa used to really annoy me, but I'm finding her to be more and more tolerable. It will be interesting if it does come down to Lisa vs. Lil Jon. I'm also interested in seeing the ex cast members come back to help out during the final challenge. I'm curious to see how Omarosa and LaToya treat each other when they return, especially if they are on the same team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7