| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:48 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5193
I like Dee too! I think I missed what Donald said about Aubrey. I did notice he asked AOD if Diddy was a "good guy" because she worked for him for four years (?) and she said she "couldn't comment". Hmm.

I was also surprised VG is gone because she's been quoted as saying in the press she "gets into it" with Teresa on the show and unless I missed something, that hasn't happened yet. Maybe in the finale episode (you know where the eliminated contestants come back to help the finalists)? Or did it wind up on the editing floor? I missed the first few minutes of the second episode, too so maybe something happened then. I can't help it, I like Victoria and wish she was still on the show.

I like Adam too. I like Patricia and Dayana on the women's team. I like Lisa but her outburst seemed weird and it happened at a strange time, too, from the sounds of things--the women going into wardrobe excited about the costumes and everyone talking at once. I'd be glad that my team was so pumped for the task just from the sounds of the basic scenario but you know how it is, maybe (there must have been) a lot of frustration leading up to it or something and she just exploded then. You gotta manage your temper and not scream at people though, that's never called for. And I was mad especially because she lit into Patricia who is pretty much my favorite on the women's team.

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:14 pm 
Offline
Dislikes Rick Santorum
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 am
Posts: 5354
Location: United States of New England
i dont think Victoria and Theresa ever got into it so either it was edited out or it happens later if Victoria comes back (ive never watched the Apprentice before so i dont know how the show works)

the outburst by Lisa in the room with all the costumes just seemed odd. i mean everyone was excited and pumped about playing dress up (i mean come on these are women in the entertainment industry!) and she like lost it. i dont get it. i wonder if there was something we didnt see on the show.

i love George, they need to show him more!!!!

_________________
Unimpressed Baby Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:25 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4418
Location: Toronto, ON
I get Lisa's outburst, as I also get frustrated when working in a group/team with women that are constantly interrupting and whining and what-not (which it looked to me like they were). That being said though, I can't stand Lisa's stand up! My husband has watched a few of her HBO specials plus I've seen her on various Comedy Central roasts, and I CAN NOT STAND HER.

I've been watching this show for more years than I care to admit, and I must say I rarely like anyone from the women's team...all they ever do is act crazy and whine. I'm not saying women in general are like that, just the ones they seem to cast on the show.

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:42 pm 
Offline
Smuggling Raisins

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 pm
Posts: 326
I get Lisa's outburst also but that's because I loathe trying on clothes and "playing dress up" so I would get so annoyed and frustrated surrounded by a group of women all talking over each other about how amazing they look in their dresses. Her other outbursts with Victoria though were nuts because she was so infuriated!

I've only seen her do those roast specials on Comedy Central and the most I know about her stand up is that she is filthy! Not that there's anything wrong with that but her material kinda crosses the line from dirty yet funny to "okay that's just vulgar and disgusting".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:37 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm
Posts: 1527
Location: Panama City, FL
I kinda like Lisa on the roasts, but I tried to watch a stand-up act once and couldn't get through 10 minutes. It's exactly what lostgirl said - she crosses the line. There's funny-raunchy and gross-raunchy, and she doesn't seem to know the difference. Seems like in the roast format, she's tamed down a bit. I was definitely prepared to like her on this show, though, and she disappointed me.

_________________
Ridiculous people on the internet are consistently ridiculous. -pandacookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:04 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 pm
Posts: 4054
Location: Pennsylvania
Not happy with tonight's elimination.

_________________
Music Therapy Blog
Personal Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:25 pm 
Offline
Smuggling Raisins

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 pm
Posts: 326
I only saw the last hour but yeah that sucked. I'll have to watch the beginning but Lou scares the bejesus outta me. Notice how he twitches whenever he gets angry? He seems like a ticking time bomb. I thought at first he was going to be super sensitive, quiet, and calm but now the guy seems to have major rage issues. He takes everything way too personal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:39 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm
Posts: 1527
Location: Panama City, FL
NOOOO, not George!!! Super sad-face. I mean, business-wise it was definitely the right decision (although Lou would have been a fully justifiable elimination as well), but I just LOVE that man's voice and general persona!

Glad to see the women's team finally come (mostly) together and pull out a win... although they kinda had a built-in advantage on this one, no?

_________________
Ridiculous people on the internet are consistently ridiculous. -pandacookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:58 am 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
lostgirl12 wrote:
I only saw the last hour but yeah that sucked. I'll have to watch the beginning but Lou scares the bejesus outta me. Notice how he twitches whenever he gets angry? He seems like a ticking time bomb. I thought at first he was going to be super sensitive, quiet, and calm but now the guy seems to have major rage issues. He takes everything way too personal.

This took me so long to understand because I thought I was in the Walking Dead thread.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:08 am 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4418
Location: Toronto, ON
As much as I love George, it was the right elimination. He didn't seem like that good of a PM.

Clay really annoys me. I want to punch him every time I see his beady little face.

This challenge was super skewed toward the women I thought.

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:22 pm 
Offline
Dislikes Rick Santorum
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 am
Posts: 5354
Location: United States of New England
i was sad to see George go though i kinda understand why. i would have preferred to see Lou go. i have yet to see him do anything besides get defensive and say he always does 110%. also the race car guy. he hasnt done anything at all yet.

they should have put Arsenio in charge since he seemed to be into women's fashion. they were all kinda like "ok put one of the gay guys in charge! ok done!"

im really tired of the way Donald Trump talks to the women's team. he;s like 'oh but she looks pretty.....oh do you like her style?" like bllllllarrrrrrfffffffff

Debbie Gibson is all sorts of annoying which is sad because i LOVED her back in the day.
looks like on the next episode she gets even more annoying.

_________________
Unimpressed Baby Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:51 pm 
Offline
Smuggling Raisins

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 pm
Posts: 326
IsaChandra wrote:
lostgirl12 wrote:
I only saw the last hour but yeah that sucked. I'll have to watch the beginning but Lou scares the bejesus outta me. Notice how he twitches whenever he gets angry? He seems like a ticking time bomb. I thought at first he was going to be super sensitive, quiet, and calm but now the guy seems to have major rage issues. He takes everything way too personal.

This took me so long to understand because I thought I was in the Walking Dead thread.


I'm sorry. I posted in both those threads around the same time. Now that I think about it though , it would be interesting to have some of the cast of Apprentice on The Walking Dead. I'd love to see some of the celebs become zombie food.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:40 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5193
lobsteriffic wrote:
As much as I love George, it was the right elimination. He didn't seem like that good of a PM.
Yeah, I agree. And while the challenge was definitely skewed toward women, what with clothing designed for them, they could have been seriously hindered by the no show of the photos for their second window.

I think Aubrey is doing well in this game. She's the one who came up with the concept in the last fifteen minutes to fill the second window and they won the task as a result (I'm pretty sure they would have lost had their second window been empty). She was pretty dominant in the last challenge as well, ideas-wise. I don't know anything about her career-wise beyond her appearance here but so far, she's doing well.

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:10 am 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
Arsenio Hall is pretty classy.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:27 am 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm
Posts: 1527
Location: Panama City, FL
seitanicverses wrote:
I think Aubrey is doing well in this game. She's the one who came up with the concept in the last fifteen minutes to fill the second window and they won the task as a result (I'm pretty sure they would have lost had their second window been empty). She was pretty dominant in the last challenge as well, ideas-wise. I don't know anything about her career-wise beyond her appearance here but so far, she's doing well.


I've been surprised by her as well. She does seem to have some really good ideas, and isn't afraid to jump in there and make sure her voice is heard. I think that's the problem some of them are having (Dayana comes to mind) - they are politely waiting their turn to talk, and that just doesn't work in a group like this.

Also, I love the spelling of Dayana's name.

_________________
Ridiculous people on the internet are consistently ridiculous. -pandacookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:01 pm 
Offline
Smuggling Raisins

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 pm
Posts: 326
I am having a very difficult time finding any of the women likeable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:53 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 pm
Posts: 4054
Location: Pennsylvania
shiitake's getting real.

lobsteriffic wrote:

Clay really annoys me. I want to punch him every time I see his beady little face.


Everyone except Clay annoys me. Especially the women! I don't find them to be good examples of intelligent and independent women.

_________________
Music Therapy Blog
Personal Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:19 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5193
Okay, I missed most of last night and only caught the firing at the end. I'll have to watch the episode when it runs on Global TV Sataday night.

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:41 am 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4418
Location: Toronto, ON
I was surprised that the women won. I thought both teams were horrible, but the men slightly less so.

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:13 pm 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 1868
Location: NC
Is it just me or was Danaya and Patricia (?) MIA for most or all of the show prior to the boardroom?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:05 pm 
Offline
Dislikes Rick Santorum
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 am
Posts: 5354
Location: United States of New England
i was also surprised the women won and it seemed like not only did they win but the executives really preferred them.

very surprising to me for several reasons:

-when they showed Adam talking about the technical stuff they cut to the executives and their faces were lit up like they were really happy about what he was saying.
-i think it's pretty unforgivable to mispronounce the name of the car you are trying to launch (twice)
-the women didnt have a clear focus
-during the Q & A they couldnt even answer the questions
-Debbie Gibson started her part with "yes im THE Debbie Gibson"

i think the challenge wasnt properly explained.
i think they wanted star power and celebrities and they didnt make that clear so the men really didnt use all their talent.

i was glad their fired Michael because he doesnt do anything. i thought it was a bit unfair to come down so heavy on him for not having charisma on stage. hes not a performer.
he probably should have been the project manager but he didnt seem like on any of the episodes taht he actually wanted to be involved. Adam didnt really volunteer i dont think. they said "Michael you should do this" and he said "Adam i think you should" and basically weaseled his way out.
i think it really sucks they fired adam too. i dont think he deserved it at all. i mean he probably should have picked two people and saved himself but ohwell.

i raelly hope Lou goes soon because i find him very annoying.

_________________
Unimpressed Baby Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:06 pm 
Offline
Dislikes Rick Santorum
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 am
Posts: 5354
Location: United States of New England
bekki wrote:
Is it just me or was Danaya and Patricia (?) MIA for most or all of the show prior to the boardroom?


i *think* they were doing technical stuff like they showed Dee and Clay doing but im not sure.
cause yeah they were barely in that episode

_________________
Unimpressed Baby Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:19 pm 
Offline
Smuggling Raisins

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 pm
Posts: 326
LisaPunk wrote:
i was also surprised the women won and it seemed like not only did they win but the executives really preferred them.

very surprising to me for several reasons:

-when they showed Adam talking about the technical stuff they cut to the executives and their faces were lit up like they were really happy about what he was saying.
-i think it's pretty unforgivable to mispronounce the name of the car you are trying to launch (twice)
-the women didnt have a clear focus
-during the Q & A they couldnt even answer the questions
-Debbie Gibson started her part with "yes im THE Debbie Gibson"

i think the challenge wasnt properly explained.
i think they wanted star power and celebrities and they didnt make that clear so the men really didnt use all their talent.

i was glad their fired Michael because he doesnt do anything. i thought it was a bit unfair to come down so heavy on him for not having charisma on stage. hes not a performer.
he probably should have been the project manager but he didnt seem like on any of the episodes taht he actually wanted to be involved. Adam didnt really volunteer i dont think. they said "Michael you should do this" and he said "Adam i think you should" and basically weaseled his way out.
i think it really sucks they fired adam too. i dont think he deserved it at all. i mean he probably should have picked two people and saved himself but ohwell.

i raelly hope Lou goes soon because i find him very annoying.


Totally agree with all of this. I think it really sucks that the women won over the men and that Adam was the one who went home. I thought the women sucked just as bad as the men if not more.

I am enjoying the rivalry between redhead pop star and Debbie. I find it hilarious that redhead has no clue that she is equally as self centered and egotistical as Debbie. I was getting pissed right along the girls in the other van when Debbie wouldn't clue them in on what the fizzle was going on. Debbie tries to take over every single challenge. I'm really looking forward to the day she gets fired (hopefully she won't make it to the end). I can't wait for Teresa to step up either. I think she has some potential that she hasn't shown yet.

While I understand why it was expected that Michael managed this challenge, it was painfully obvious that he was NOT the right guy to do it. I think the men should've really utilized his name a lot more but managing the challenge and being on stage would've been even more of a disaster. I thought Adam did a good job on stage and his analogy regarding the fantasty football fans was right on. I believe he really would've gotten far and made it to the end if he wasn't sent home tonight. I'm so glad that the men ALL spoke up and called out Lou not only in the boardroom but backstage also. Lou just needs to go.

Is anyone else finding Arsenio looking more and more like Rupaul during every episode? The bald head, his style, and his choice of eyewear all make him resemble Rupaul.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:31 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4418
Location: Toronto, ON
lostgirl12 wrote:

Is anyone else finding Arsenio looking more and more like Rupaul during every episode? The bald head, his style, and his choice of eyewear all make him resemble Rupaul.


YES!

I think Dee is going to make it to the end. He hasn't done much yet, but he seems really on top of things.

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:45 pm 
Offline
Venomous Head of Veganism
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 8592
I'm like a little in love with Arsenio.

_________________
"You guys are a little bit fast to identify as not-mumbles. " ~ mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer