| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:44 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my only issue with Arsenio is he looks kinda scary bony/thin like he's unwell.
im hoping she just looks that way because he is SURROUNDED BY GIANTS because he is definitely one of the more awesomer guys on the show. i do think Penn is my favorite though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:04 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I didn't think he looked unwell. He probably does a lot of yoga. I've waited on Penn and it was really unpleasant so he can't be my favorite.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:22 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

that is disappointing to hear :-/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:54 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

IsaChandra wrote:
II've waited on Penn and it was really unpleasant so he can't be my favorite.

I've oscillated between really liking Penn and really not...the not was when I was curious as to what was up with the Tea Party crepe (a big march or something) so I decided to turn to the scariest source of info on the planet...Fox. Just so happened it was the Glenn Beck show and Penn was a guest. Not as an opposing guest but a supportive-of-the-movement, glad-to-be-here guest. My respect pretty much plummeted then. Your saying this just cements it; I simply cannot like people who are unpleasant to wait on, I assume if they're an asparagus to servers it carries over elsewhere in their lives. Too many damn years in the restaurant biz.

Still, makes me sad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:44 pm 

He was very bossy, loud and demanding as a patron. Not in a friendly/joking way at all. And the tip wasn't great, either. It was a large party, 15 people or more. And they left around 10% even after I went above and beyond for them. I should have put the 18% service charge on but I was naive.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:50 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

LisaPunk wrote:
my only issue with Arsenio is he looks kinda scary bony/thin like he's unwell.
im hoping she just looks that way because he is SURROUNDED BY GIANTS because he is definitely one of the more awesomer guys on the show. i do think Penn is my favorite though.

I thought I was going crazy for awhile there. I kept trying to remember him from back during his talk show days and I don't recall him ever being that skinny. But then again, most of his outfits back then consisted of suit jackets with massive shoulder pads and large Hammer pants so it was hard to tell what size he was.

I'm saddened by the Penn news. :( Oh well. There's still Dee who seems pretty cool.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:45 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

wait wat? Penn is a Tea Partier?!?!?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:02 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
wait wat? Penn is a Tea Partier?!?!?

No, a "libertarian." But when that big stupid tea party rally was going on he was on the Glenn Beck show and in favor of the movement (or something.) I decided to try to google it for you, because seriously, how many videos could Penn on Glen Beck give me? Apparently he was a frequent-ish guest. Here is a video of him talking about being on it. But total bullshiitake on no one knowing "what it was about." Anyone who had paid any attention had a good idea what they were about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa_RxbfWhWE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:12 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Penn has fallen down many steps in my eyes. very sad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:52 pm 
WELFARIST!

That sucks about Penn because he's making a good showing on the show but he is an illusionist, after all. And I've been in the world's rottenest mood and I've still never mistreated waitstaff etc., so there's never an excuse for that in my view. Also, I know you guys are up on your Ayn Rand and I'm not but I read somewhere's Penn is a fan of her "objectivism" but that's all Greek to me. But when I saw that, I thought "ohh. The PPK will be in an uproar when they get a load of this!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:20 pm 

Well, did you ever see his old show bullshiitake and it's ep on veganism. That pretty much sums it up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:32 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Quote:
And I've been in the world's rottenest mood and I've still never mistreated waitstaff etc., so there's never an excuse for that in my view.

Absolutely. I felt that way long before I ever worked in food service (and my first job was Taco Bell at 16...and I waitressed from 19 up until I stopped working to go to school, about 8 years) but felt doubly so after those experiences. I even have people I really, really hate to go out with because they're otherwise super but treat servers like shiitake, something that lessens my opinion faster than any other social interaction.

IsaChandra wrote:
Well, did you ever see his old show bullshiitake and it's ep on veganism. That pretty much sums it up.

I missed that one. I watched a lot of bullshiitake, some were pretty good, others not so much. I'll look up the veganism one, though.

So, now that I've managed to seriously hijack this thread...I'm now convinced Penn needs to go before Lou, even though I do think Penn's charity seems like a good one. Also, I thought Adam Corolla was an atheist, so I find it odd that he picked a Catholic charity. Aaaaand my husband said he's listened to a few of his podcasts and said he also goes on libertarian rants sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:47 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I always watched Loveline on MTV with Adam and Dr. Drew and I always thought Adam was a dick back then. He surprised me during his short time on Apprentice though. He was funny without being a douche and he was doing a fantastic job during each challenge. Then I saw him on Ellen earlier this week. The majority of the interview was spent on him bisqueing about his 4 your old daughter but at the same time praising his son. It was very uncomfortable to watch (even Ellen was clearly uncomfortable) especially since he made it obvious that he favors one over the other. Joking or not, I kept thinking how awful it's going to be when that poor girl eventually sees the interview and questions if her father really cared about or not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:46 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

lostgirl12 wrote:
I always watched Loveline on MTV with Adam and Dr. Drew and I always thought Adam was a dick back then. He surprised me during his short time on Apprentice though. He was funny without being a douche and he was doing a fantastic job during each challenge. Then I saw him on Ellen earlier this week. The majority of the interview was spent on him bisqueing about his 4 your old daughter but at the same time praising his son. It was very uncomfortable to watch (even Ellen was clearly uncomfortable) especially since he made it obvious that he favors one over the other. Joking or not, I kept thinking how awful it's going to be when that poor girl eventually sees the interview and questions if her father really cared about or not.

Yeah, I saw that Ellen too, and he seemed like such an asparagus. Really sexist.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:16 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

im getting really sick of Aubrey. she's been shown several times either in the boardroom or speaking directly to the camera saying how she cant stand the cattiness and how women shouldnt be like that and they should be elevating themselves about that and being strong business women and blah blah blah how cattiness is so wrong and evil and she is hands down one of the cattiest bitchest i have ever seen.

also still sick of how Donald Trump talks to the women............

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

LONGEST BOARDROOM EVER! I was starting to fall asleep with my eyes open!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:51 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

lobsteriffic wrote:
LONGEST BOARDROOM EVER! I was starting to fall asleep with my eyes open!

And yet Trump made some comment about it being exciting or something . I kept wondering what I missed that was so exciting.

While I think Tia made a stupid mistake by not fighting and just giving up and quitting, I understand why she did it. Still I would feel like a huge crasshole if I just gave up on my charity like that.

I loved Arsenio's comments about Aubrey! All she does is bisque about others while bragging about herself. All those bisques are crazy though.

The whole Clay/Penn fight was interesting. Clay seems to have a habit of laughing whenever he is pissed apparently. It's somewhat creepy honestly. And is it wrong that I'm totally jealous of his eyelashes? They're so long and pretty!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:19 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

that show definitely doesnt need to be 2 hours long. 1 hour of it was just the boardroom.
zzzzzzzzz.
seriously 2 hours is way overly self-indulgent they could easily cut it down to 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:41 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

LisaPunk wrote:
that show definitely doesnt need to be 2 hours long. 1 hour of it was just the boardroom.
zzzzzzzzz.
seriously 2 hours is way overly self-indulgent they could easily cut it down to 1 hour

I know! The boardroom should be like 10 min.

I say that every week, yet I still continue to watch. And at the end of every season I say "I'm not watching this next year." Yet here I am. Sigh.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:42 pm 
WELFARIST!

I like the full two hours, but I'm obsessed with this show so that's to be expected.

Aubrey is so mean though. And the men's team seem down on her in general (they often have snide remarks targeting her specifically when they're watching the women in the boardroom--this isn't the first time someone has said something--it was Clay the first week saying something about how Victoria Gotti is more attractive, which is not nice, obviously, but just sayin') and I mean, I don't think they'd be making snide remarks about her if they didn't find her sort of unpleasant to live with or in general, you know. They're not really doing that on anyone else so maybe she's just obnoxious overall. She has good ideas, though, I'll give Aubrey that. But she's a catty girl and needs to grow out of it and the sooner the better because cattiness just diminishes someone completely for me when I hear it coming outta their mouf.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:03 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

one of my favorite comments (Arsenio maybe??) was "she is so damn self-righteous no wonder Diddy fired her asparagus!"

lol! yeah it was totally rude but i still laughed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:17 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I do not see any weak links tonight. This is going to be rough.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:22 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

OMG best line this season ever:

"Aubrey popped right out of her momma's couch and started grabbing on to the stripper pole." I wasn't too fond of Clay but goddamn that boy stole my heart with that line!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:20 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

yeah that was a pretty awesome quote.

i cant wait for this season to be over so i can never watch this show again. the 2 hour marathon every week is too much. and i cant stand donald trump.
the boardroom literally puts me to sleep.

next week looks like Arsenio has a meltdown. wonder what thats about. im guessing it's creative editing in the commercials to make it look like a big deal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:03 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

LisaPunk wrote:
yeah that was a pretty awesome quote.

i cant wait for this season to be over so i can never watch this show again. the 2 hour marathon every week is too much. and i cant stand donald trump.
the boardroom literally puts me to sleep.

next week looks like Arsenio has a meltdown. wonder what thats about. im guessing it's creative editing in the commercials to make it look like a big deal

I say that every year. Especially after certain people are named winners , but I just seem to always come back to watching it. Donald is a crasshole and his sons are creepy as fork but the show just sucks me in.

Next week's meltdown looks interesting! Arsenio was one of the last ones who I would've suspected to mentally collapse. Penn is all attitude-y now since the confrontation with Clay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next