| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Celebrity Apprentice...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:20 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I have to say, I've grown quite fond of Clay over the past two weeks. I started off really, really hating him but I think he's turned out to be much more tolerable than I thought. Or the women are just so childish and mean they make everyone look good.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I've always loved Clay. Especially when he sang Grease on AI!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:50 pm 
WELFARIST!

Damn I missed this week's episode again so I'll catch it Saturday here on Global.

I'm liking Clay in this game, myself. I always liked him from AI anyhoo.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:07 am 
Saggy Butt

I missed this week! My husband always manages to make me get back into this show, damn him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

LisaPunk wrote:
im getting really sick of Aubrey. she's been shown several times either in the boardroom or speaking directly to the camera saying how she cant stand the cattiness and how women shouldnt be like that and they should be elevating themselves about that and being strong business women and blah blah blah how cattiness is so wrong and evil and she is hands down one of the cattiest bitchest i have ever seen.

also still sick of how Donald Trump talks to the women............

I cannot stand Aubrey . . . and her candy apple red hair.

I used to like Penn, but after the past couple of weeks and reading all these comments about him . . . not so much. Maybe his having to leave in the middle of this task will hurt him.

I've always liked Clay as a person. He reminds me quite a bit of myself, actually. He's reserved, but he's got a quick wit, and is really passionate. He's also a very smart cookie.

I hate Lisa's attitude.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:01 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Whoa. Do not agree with that last firing decision.

So where do you think Aubrey went? Do you think she's coming back? (I know what I'm hoping.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:24 pm 
WELFARIST!

I don't know if she's coming back, I sense Aubrey's not used to dealing with flack and being ostracized in group settings and I don't think she can cope with dislike and people being against her socially because she's a Queen Bee type and if she can't be in that role, she can't BE so she'll bail. Maybe. Unless she sucks it up for her charity. We'll see. It's gonna be hard for her on her present team because I just don't see them working with her style and it looks like they're not going to give her an inch. Or at least Arsenio isn't.

I realized what her trick is this week, why everyone goes with her ideas. It's because SHE JUST DOESN'T STOP TALKING. I mean, if you're bullhorning constantly over everyone else, I guess that's a crude way of getting your own way ALL DA TIME. Yeah, she's got that figured out. Also, when she was describing the concept of "concept" to the team and not offering an idea (although she did ultimately offer up the idea they used) that was...ahem...informational *cough*bullshiitake*cough*.

I like what Arsenio said comparing her and Paul's style (Paul being generally very quiet) was that Paul "trims the fat" and comes up with the odd "nugget that's gold" when he finally does speak. Aubrey just talkstalkstalkstalkstalks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:56 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So I didn't watch last night (I never watch on Sundays and have to OnDemand it later in the week) but Walgreens gave me some shitty pedometer and bag. These came in a square box with possibly the most unflattering pictures of a few of the cast that could have ever been taken. I'm interested to watch to see what that was about.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:01 pm 
WELFARIST!

Last night's show was three hours long with two tasks and boardrooms and the boardrooms were pretty ferocious (I thought). And on this show, ferocious means entertaining, although things are getting a little uncomfortably personal for some, methinks.

The square box with the pictures was Aubrey's idear. And if you see quotes on the box, you'll see that's a bone of contention once you see the boardroom spectacle.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

3 hours last night was really too long. I'm sick of watching the women argue so much.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:19 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i only watched half of the 3 hour episode. i watched up until the first firing.

3 hours is really ridiculous,.

here are my thoughts on the first half.

as annoying as Debbie is i dont think she deserved to get fired.
i thought Theresa should have been fired for 2 reasons:
1. if they were truly going on just who brought in the most money she should have been fired for not bringing Aubrey in and also for bringing in someone who did bring in a lot of money
2. i agreed with Debbie i thought she was a bad project manager. i understood what Debbie was trying to say but i dont think she articulated it well. Theresa told her to take care of the printing but didnt tell her ANYTHING that she wanted. she was the project manager it should have been her vision and her creative idea and she should have at the very least given Debbie a concept rather than waiving her off like a servant like "go do this and dont bother me." to me being project manager isnt just delegating its also leading.

also what the hell is Lisa's problem? i dont really know anything about her but damn she is so nasty. i cant stand her. also, although i do think she is a good player and one of the ones who works the most, again they have lost almost every damn challenge under her guidance.

also Aubrey seems real good at playing the victim like at the very end of that segment when Dee was saying Aubrey should have been in there. id ont think it was a personal thing. she just raised the least money, end of story. she was all like "oh you go around talking behind my back, blah blah blah"
such drama!

for the dudes i felt really bad for Arsenio. he made a great point. he hasnt been on tv in a long time and doesnt have a talk show. so yeah all his "friends" seemed to disappear.
i do think it was a tad set up that his check arrived 15 seconds after they couldnt accept money anymore.

the thing with teh blue man group and the money blowing around, i do see Penn's point but i agree wtih Clay. all that money should have gone to charity. people who took the money and stuffed it in their pockets are just terrible! maybe they didnt know what was going on though.

i havent watched the second half yet so i havent seen Aubrey leave or Arsenio freak out

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:30 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

LisaPunk wrote:
also what the hell is Lisa's problem? i dont really know anything about her but damn she is so nasty. i cant stand her. also, although i do think she is a good player and one of the ones who works the most, again they have lost almost every damn challenge under her guidance.

also Aubrey seems real good at playing the victim like at the very end of that segment when Dee was saying Aubrey should have been in there. id ont think it was a personal thing. she just raised the least money, end of story. she was all like "oh you go around talking behind my back, blah blah blah"
such drama!

for the dudes i felt really bad for Arsenio. he made a great point. he hasnt been on tv in a long time and doesnt have a talk show. so yeah all his "friends" seemed to disappear.
i do think it was a tad set up that his check arrived 15 seconds after they couldnt accept money anymore.

the thing with teh blue man group and the money blowing around, i do see Penn's point but i agree wtih Clay. all that money should have gone to charity. people who took the money and stuffed it in their pockets are just terrible! maybe they didnt know what was going on though.

i havent watched the second half yet so i havent seen Aubrey leave or Arsenio freak out

Lisa seems to have issues. She tries to play the strong woman role but yet she breaks down over every little thing. Seems like she is either raging mad or raging mad plus in tears.

I felt so bad for Arsenio also. I was not expecting him to go home so early. I don't think it was fair that the fact that Leno's check got lost counted against him. An exception should've been made there. The blue man group thing was nuts but I was expecting people to take it. People suck. Wave money in front of them and they'll do ANYTHING for it!

Apparently Aubrey tweeted this morning that she did not quit when she walked out. Apparently she "went to church" instead! Haha!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:57 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I've started watching this on Hulu.

I really don't like Lisa/Audrey. They are so mean, and often for no reason. They have decided the other two women are stupid, and just shut them down. The Miss Universe gal had a few good ideas, when she was able to speak without being interrupted (ie. the words on the box were negative). She also had a legitimate question about the guidebooks--she saw something that mentioned subway directions, and wanted to make sure whether she was supposed to write them up for her locations or not. I don't see how that merited such a hateful reaction.

And I'm glad the mean team got broken up.

"God said, kill and eat!" ~ my grandmother

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:38 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

OK I didn't have 3 hours for Ghandi, I certainly don't have three hours for Celebrity Apprentice! what the fizzle! I'll stick with spoilers if there are more long eps like that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:47 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Okay so I FINALLY finished watching the ridiculously long episode! I kind of liked Dee, so I'm sad he got fired, but I could see that coming. It was kind of silly to put those words on the box.

Aubrey needs to go home. As does Lisa. I don't even know who I'm cheering for anymore.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:24 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm not exactly defending Lisa, but she may not be as fully unstable as it seems. For one, I wonder how much time actually lapses between tasks. I'm guessing either no time or a day or so tops. (If anyone knows more about the production of reality TV, please chime in here! I'm actually basing my assumption on a combination of reasoning and fingernail polish continuity) Anyway, to be in a stressful situation like that day after day and to constantly be in charge of one of the most demanding tasks...I would totally lose my shiitake at some point. Granted, I think her hatred toward Dayanna is as much about jealousy as anything,and with her snarkiness about pretty girls' looks it pretty much makes her look really bad...as it should.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:34 am 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, I think Lisa's just an emotional woman is all. I'd be bawling with frustration sometimes too if I was on that show and probably occasionally acting out from the stress of it, and I'm pretty stable under normal circumstances. These are not normal circumstances. I think it's pretty stressful on all of them and she's reacting. When it's over, she'll be fine. I'm not worried about her, but I think she will regret some of the stuff she's said in the heat of the moment though, because she's been pretty nasty.

I think there's a task every week, so it looks like, say, two days are consumed with tasks so you have a five day break in between, which is pretty reasonable for recovery, gauging the stress level and the fact that for those two days, they seem to be working pretty much from morning to night.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:43 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Lisa has based most of her career on being nasty. Granted, she can be funny, but I think she forgets she isn't hosting a roast.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:33 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i personally dont think stress is any excuse to treat people the way she treats people. i mean she is screaming at Dayana and calling her stupid to her face and then talking about her like she's not standing right there.

no excuse.

i finally finished watching the 80 hour episode. it made me love Arsenio.
i think Aubrey walked out for attention and will be back. i just ignore her now. shes so annoying but im not going to waste brain cells on her.

i was sad to see Dee go but i guess it would have been unfair to eliminate Lou when the execs really loved his hearfelt speech.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:19 am 

lavawitch wrote:
Lisa has based most of her career on being nasty.

This. Nothing she has said so far has surprised me. I really can't stand that woman!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:18 pm 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, Lisa's nasty and a hothead. I feel like she's gonna wind up in the finale though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:56 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

it wouldnt surprise me if she was in the finale either.
i dont like her but she is smart, shes a hard worker, and she will fight to the death to stay there. i think she's also less catty than Aubrey. mean and nasty for sure but less catty.

i would much prefer ANY of the men win over any of hte women.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:50 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Aubrey and Lisa survived to bisque another day . . . although I am glad to see Lou gone. I was so sick of Lou vs. Lisa.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:11 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

im glad Lou is finally gone. i dont know how he last that long.
i agreed with a lot of people that he was kind of one note. if something was tailor made for his talents then he was perfect but otherwise he brought nothing and then would bisque about it in the boardroom and throw everyone under the bus.

that being said i dont think Lisa should have called him a loser. it obviously is a sore spot for him having struggled wtih disabilities his entire life. that was just not called for.
but she seems to be a big ol nasty bisque.
although she was almost watchable in this episode. her and Dayana were funny because all of a sudden Lisa is like just so excited to be Dayana's bff. it was odd.
i actually personally thought there video was better and was surprised when they lost.

i thought the other one was a bit too risque for the entertainment.com clientele.

Paul Sr was hysterical in his "dweeb" outfit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:47 pm 

Oh my goodness Lisa needs to be voted off soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next