| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:37 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I know this is a thread for gaming but how do you all feel about movie rentals on Steam? We use Redbox for new releases which is cheaper than the rental fee on Steam, Hulu and Netflix for everything else which also ends up being cheaper than Steam and then the library for random old stuff which is totally free.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:09 am 
WELFARIST!

It's pretty much irrelevant to me. Also I think they're getting outside of their core competencies, and competing with companies who are VERY entrenched in the movie-rental business, and I think they should get back to game stuff and maybe Half-Life 3.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:47 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I've just finished Firewatch and I loved it. It's more interactive fiction than a game, really. It's a game about conversation and exploration. It reminded me of Galatea, Photopia or Blue Lacuna, but with 3d art instead of text or prose.

It doesn't have any padding at all - it's all story and character development and consequently the main complaint that internet people have is that it's too short. It's not too short, it's just not at all long.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:09 pm 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, I thought it was a good length. It tells the story it's there to tell; it doesn't fart around along the way. I might have liked a little more stuff in the days between (especially where it jumps from day 5 to like day 70 overnight, I think?), but I don't know it it could have done much more than make it feel stretched-out.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 4:14 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm finally playing Darksiders (I know . . . I'm really late. I've owned it forever and just got around to playing it now). It's way more fun than I thought it would be. Kind of a cross between Zelda and God of War, but it really reminds me of the Xbox version of Ninja Gaiden, without being as punishingly difficult (at least so far -I'm only 3 hours in). Is the sequel any good? I've added it to my wishlist.

Other things I've played lately that I've enjoyed:

Ocaenhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas: Another Zelda type game, but with an indie feel. Lots of nostalgia for my old NES games.
In Between: Can be a bit obnoxiously difficult at times, but really good art style and story for a puzzle game.
Rusty Lake Hotel: Cheap indie adventure/puzzle game that I didn't have high hopes for but had a lot of fun with

Bundle Stars has a great deal on Shadow of Mordor right now and I've heard great things about it, but I'm kind of scared my computer won't be able to run it well. I have a decent NVIDIA graphics card but I'm more worried about melting my i5 processor. I wish there were a demo so I could give it a try.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:54 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I don't think I've ever played an explicitly horror game before and SOMA is scaaaary. It also has really good level design.

Sadly, the voice actors don't seem to have been in the room together so the dialogue can be a bit clunky. The acting is fine, but it sounds like they had to guess at the context so it doesn't flow right.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:33 pm 
WELFARIST!

Heh, yeah. The overall game was good, though. Nice creepy stuff to poke around in...

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:00 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I finished Murdered: Soul Suspect and eeeeeeeh. The mystery was okay but the combat was just annoying and unnecessary, and overall there were a lot of bugs that prevented me from full completion of side quests.

Playing Remember Me now, it's pretty good. Not as much world building as I would love but it's an action game, I can't get too mad about it.

The Themysciran - my geek blog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:47 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Atlus Reactor looks neat and has a free weekend up atm. So I am going to install it if anyone wants to give it a whirl.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:42 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I think Atlus Reactor is a really neat concept for a game and seems like it would play well. But honestly I think unless I could get a team of folks to play or at least a few others to join me I won't be purchasing it. It's a pretty strategic light game then really benefits I think from playing with folks you know, imo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:41 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Trine enchanted edition is on sale for under $3. It includes the older version of the game as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:55 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Also Killing Flooor 2 is free this weekend for everyone who hasn't tried it out yet. Ping me on steam, I am always down to play.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:31 am 
Naked Under Apron

summer sale now on!

So today at PPK I learned how to fork up a falafel and a taco. - craiger_ny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:35 pm 
WELFARIST!

New Doom at 33% off did it for me! I will be chainsawing demons before too long.

There's also an atmospheric post-apocalyptic Russian game called '35mm' that is under 3 bucks. It got a really good review on RPS and it looks delightfully bleak and stark. I will probably actually play that before heading for moon demon dismemberment.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:38 am 
A Bad Person

Doom at that price is ludicrously cheap. It just came out last month, and it's so good.

I picked up ESO and played the first 30 minutes. Yep, that's definitely Elder Scrolls alright. Anyone can feel free to add me: username emnii.

I also got Shadwen and Salt and Sanctuary. S&S is pretty much 2D Dark Souls. I wasn't into Dark Souls, but S&S is a lot more manageable and fun. I'm pretty thrilled that Ska Studios is also working on bringing Charlie Murder and The Dishwasher to Steam as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:42 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Hmm. I'll have to look. I've got time now, but I already spent most of my discretionary money.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:12 pm 

I got Saints Row IV and I really wish I got it sooner. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard playing a game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:21 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I finally gaved and got Fable1, salt and long dark. There are a few good buys and way to many cards.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:15 pm 
WRETCHED

The Humble Bundle is all games that are survival themed and I bought them alll.... 7 of them for $14.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:32 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Got myself a new shiny which means I'm pretty excited to play some games again. It has basically been years. My desktop is set up in a room that is lonely and isolating and everything has been neglected.

I have been playing a lot of Banished today, which I had bought a while ago but never got to really mess with.

Looking for recommendations for anything cheap/free? I tend to gravitate to strategy based sims and "time management" games or logic/puzzles (think Lumines or Mercury) but I am open minded. New shiny is pretty UTD specs-wise so no graphics concerns here if that's a consideration.

Not steam but basically I'm biding time until EA runs another deal on Sims 4. Looks like I missed the last one by less than a week. *grump*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:31 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Steam has a load of puzzle games. That can range from adorable cutesy to down right menacing. I have been playing a little bit of this one which is more on the light stealth side of things Marvelous Miss Take but it is just so darn cute!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:04 pm 

There's a free game called Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt that is super cute, and free! The sequel is 2.99 I think. I mean not the kind of game to show off your new PC capabilities but it's really fun.

Recently played The Turing Test. It's pretty but essentially nothing new, and the puzzles are fairly easy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:07 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I have been looking for something to play on this rainy day! thanks Shy mox

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67