| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 56  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Steam PC gaming thread!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:11 am 
WELFARIST!

Oh no! All but one game on my wishlist is on sale! I can already hear my wallet crying!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:21 am 
A Bad Person

Imitation Of Chris wrote:
So, anyone know if there's a huge difference between Agricultural Simulator 2013 and Farming Simulator 2013? I am ready to build my evil Ethanol/ Corn Syrup empire.

I didn't know there was an ag simulator, or that it was any different from Farming Sim 2013. I'd say go with Farming Sim 2013 because it's more well known.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:58 am 
WELFARIST!

All I want to do is buy games but Steam keeps crashing due to all of the traffic!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:41 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Surgeon Simulator is calling my name!

Brian told me this during my first Steam sale and I stick with it: unless it's on a flash or daily deal, wait until the end to buy a game you want because it might come up later at a better price. I have a handful of games on my wishlist that i'm hoping Steam will email me and tell me they're on flash/daily deal.

Are the developer bundles not around this year?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:57 pm 
WELFARIST!

One of my games wasn't and I wished I had practice better patience. Oh well! I know this for the rest of the games now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:05 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Oh man. We got surgeon simulator and we tried playing together - one of us controls the fingers, the other the hand movements and we switch off. We got a a disk in the computer and the tape in the vcr, but we keep getting high on those needles! We got a cool cheevo for blooping the heart in with the other heart! cannot get the bad heart our to save ours or the patient's life.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:45 pm 
WELFARIST!

I'm considering buying that game. There's a few that I'm looking at. Another one is Fez.

I don't understand these trading card and badge things.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:53 pm 

I watched this video after two failed surgery attempts, they do the 'split the controls' thing and the guy controlling the fingers gets REALLY mad at the guy moving the arm.

It kind of gives me a headache, but I finally got that damned heart out!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:53 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I got Nancy Drew and the Secret of the Old Clock for 3.49! Might go down lower but I'm okay with that. Its pretty fun so far.

I don't remember the books well, but in the first five minutes a character is like "he gave us a clock and would talk about how much money he was going to leave to us, and say with a twinkle in his eye while looking at the clock, only time will tell." Lady i think you need to take a close look at that clock.

I'm trying to pick out a game I can play with my boyfriend but we can't agree on anything XD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:00 pm 
Chip Strong

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Oh man. We got surgeon simulator and we tried playing together - one of us controls the fingers, the other the hand movements and we switch off. We got a a disk in the computer and the tape in the vcr, but we keep getting high on those needles! We got a cool cheevo for blooping the heart in with the other heart! cannot get the bad heart our to save ours or the patient's life.
I got that achievement too, I think! It's seems best to smash the ribs out with a hammer and scalpel everything else (the heart veins, that pink thing) after ripping out the lungs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:01 pm 
Chip Strong

I keep losing the watch inside Bob, though. It's awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:27 pm 

Shy Mox wrote:
I got Nancy Drew and the Secret of the Old Clock for 3.49! Might go down lower but I'm okay with that. Its pretty fun so far.

I don't remember the books well, but in the first five minutes a character is like "he gave us a clock and would talk about how much money he was going to leave to us, and say with a twinkle in his eye while looking at the clock, only time will tell." Lady i think you need to take a close look at that clock.

I'm trying to pick out a game I can play with my boyfriend but we can't agree on anything XD

Games like Nancy Drew probably won't get any cheaper - they tend to stick to big titles (which is a shame because they end up putting the same games on sale every single event).

I would put Orcs Must Die 2 on your wishlist for you and your boyfriend - it probably will be a flash or daily deal at some point, it's co-op, and it's a lot of fun!

Brian came in while I was using the electric saw to remove the ribs, and I forking dropped it right into Bob. RIP.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:03 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Some of the Nancy Drew games are definitely better than others. I like Scarlet Hand, Haunted Carousel, Blue Canyon, and the Dolphin one. Old Clock had too much stupid driving around. It's designed a lot different than most of the others.

I'll have to see if any of the newer ones are on sale. They are fun time wasters for a few hours. Until I get stuck on a silly puzzle and I,aging all the 12yr olds solving it in 2 minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:32 am 

Tropico is the community choice for the next hour and a half! If you like things like Sim City, you'll like Tropico. The story part of the game is really long, I think I put in 80 hours and I only failed a level once or twice. So you will definitely get your money's worth.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:06 pm 
A Bad Person

HEY! Before you buy Tomb Raider, make sure you check out the Tomb Raider collection! It's only $5 more and it comes with ALL of the rest of the Tomb Raider games!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:38 pm 
WELFARIST!

I can't handle all of the awesome Steam sales! Saving money is so expensive!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:24 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

Mr. Shankly wrote:

suddenly having a Mac is the cheap option :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:31 pm 
WELFARIST!

joshua wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

suddenly having a Mac is the cheap option :P

Yeah, I don't think so. I actually like being able to play a variety of games. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:56 pm 
A Bad Person

I've put a little more than an hour into Tomb Raider 2012 and it's rather good! I know it reviewed well and sold pretty good (even if it didn't hit the millions of sales Squeenix wanted) but this is my first time playing a Tomb Raider game (I know!) and it's really well done! The UI really makes me happy. There's a lot to explore and it looks great. I like to explore things.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:36 pm 
WELFARIST!

In other what the fizzle glitch news, mbm somehow fell through a solid floor in L4D2 today. We were all in the elevator, riding it up and all of a sudden I just see mbm fall through the floor. No holes, no nothing, just solid floor. And she died from it!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:40 pm 

I plummeted all the way to the bottom and died. It was awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:32 pm 
WELFARIST!

I bought Universe Sandbox yesterday and it's one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:21 pm 
WELFARIST!

If anyone sees this before the sale ends, Deadlight, yes or no?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:25 pm 
A Bad Person

Yes! I liked Deadlight. It's like the original Prince of Persia with zombies. Or Flashback, with zombies. It's kind of short, but totally worth $3.74.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:31 pm 
WELFARIST!

Sold! I have so far bought something from Steam every day of the sale, I believe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 56  Next