| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steam PC gaming!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:46 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I bought way to many games on steam.. and now I don't know what to play.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:34 am 
A Bad Person

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/elder ... -1.2489996
Quote:
The Elder Scrolls Online will retail for $59.99 on all platforms, and monthly subscriptions after the first month will cost $14.99.

LOL alright Bethesda. I'd give it a year before it goes free-to-play but that seems too generous in the wake of SWTOR announcing its transition to free-to-play about six months after release.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:50 am 
WRETCHED

Yeah and it is such a horrid game (from my perspective at least). SWTOR had much more going for it (large Star wars fanbase, large kotor fan base, large bioware fanbase) but it still couldn't sustain a subscribe to play payment model.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:40 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I've been home sick and playing Shadow Warrior. It's pretty ridiculous but also fun. It knows exactly what it is and embraces it. And it doesn't try to be all deadly serious, which is a nice break after Spec Ops and so on. A dude, a sword, and lots of demons to chop up. Pretty good times.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:22 am 
A Bad Person

I also just finished Shadow Warrior! It was forking awesome! And a huge improvement over the original.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:39 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh yeah, no kidding! The original was pretty awful, for sure. This one is smart enough to know how dumb it is and play off of that. The swordfighting is great fun, for once-- limbs a-go-go! Crazy spin beheading action!

It does get kind of ridiculous at times with the tons of monsters. I'm toward the end and I just fought off 2 berserkers (the shoot-in-the-back guys) and now, of course, I get a shaman (the raise-the-dead guys) AND a berserker, AND the usual ton of enemies from everywhere. I don't want to bother with the berserker until the other things are dead. I can't kill the other things until the shaman is dead (at least not permanently). And anytime I try to do any damage to the shaman, the berserker has time to get close and beat me up. I'll finish it today or tomorrow, but I had to take a break after that.

The art in the animated story parts is pretty great too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:54 pm 
A Bad Person

Yeah, there were some seriously tough fights towards the end. I always left the berserkers for last because they've got such a specific damage point. In your situation, I would wait for the berserker to charge, dodge it, then send two rockets to the shaman. That should be enough for it to trigger its shield. Another berserker dodge, then a katana spin to take out the shaman's guards that have almost certainly surrounded you by now. Then you can send another rocket to the shaman, or take a couple of charged katana stabs to finish him off. Cleanup his crew and the lesser demons, then you can take on the berserker. The shotgun up close seems to be one of the better ways of dealing with it. Trick it into charging a tree or pillar for some extra stun.

I found the rocket launcher to be the only really useful greater demon repellant. Three rockets is just about enough to take out warlords and shamans. I didn't get a surefire strategy for shield-bearers, just circle strafe and stab or shotgun. I never found the shotgun particularly useful unless against shield-bearers or berserkers. And maybe I'm impatient, but that flamethrower was goddamned useless.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

A charged katana strike can knock the shield arm off the shield demons. Then they're easy to kill. Sometimes it takes 2, but that's not a big deal. Also you can drench them in flame-- they might have a shield, but it doesn't help if you set their feet on fire. A sticky crossbow bomb shot at their feet and detonated is good too.

The demons that turn invisible also burn well, and they're easier to see if they're on fire. Same with the ones who come up close, stab, and teleport away. I actually get a lot of use out of the flamethrower...

The shotgun is surprisingly good against the flying dudes, even at range. I think they just don't have many HP, so even the reduced damage from the spread shot will hurt them badly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:34 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

...and I just did pretty much what you said (lurk, missiles, dodge) and it worked!

Also, a demon head is good against the berserkers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:28 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

...and finished. Yeah, that was pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:35 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Yeah I finished shadow warrior also. Amazingly good melee combat for an FPS. The very big room before I get the final sword piece was crazy. I played on hard difficulty and had to retry it like 5 times. I imagine if I had tried it on insane I'd of never finished that room.

Most of the rooms I didn't have too hard of a time with though because of the swords crazy healing powers. I fought off all the greater demons using my sword and sometimes I'd open using a charges crossbow show but generally unless I was shooting a bosses weak point my ammo stayed maxed on every weapon.

The shield guys I would take care of using a side dash followed by a sword piece where their shield isn't sometimes causing a one hit kill. Charging guys with a weak back I would dash around and stab behind for damage and healing to repeat. Meat cleaver guys I would stab off his grabbing thing first. It was almost all sword for me because when I wasn't using it I thought I'd die from the damage I wasn't healing back as effectively.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm 
A Bad Person

Broken Age kickstarter backers: the first part is out! Check your emails!

I'm only 30 minutes in on Vella's side, but it's beautiful so far!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:04 pm 
A Bad Person

I've been kind of burnt out on game bundles, primarily because they're mostly stuff I'll never play even if they are super cheap, but this Indie Gala with a hair less than 4 days left on it has Deadly Premonitions for $5.25, which is exceptionally cheap!

Deadly Premonitions is pretty weird! It's pretty much Twin Peaks: The Video Game, even more so than Alan Wake. The main character is an FBI profiler who has an imaginary friend named Zack that he talks to almost constantly. The town is full of weird people, and the game has a bunch of weird mechanics like how filthy your clothes are affect how people react. There are open world parts where you can drive a car that feels more like a bathtub and explore the town while the main character talks to Zack about 80's movies. The enemies look like people who are painted like clowns but they bend over backwards and shuffle backwards toward you. It's a weird game.

http://www.indiegala.com/

Except for Two Brothers, which is a gameboy throwback RPG, I've never heard of any of the other games in that bundle, but Deadly Premonitions is definitely worth it. It might be a jank PC port of a jank game to begin with, but it's worth checking out. And it has one of the best video game music tracks of all time, Life is Beautiful.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:33 am 
A Bad Person

I may have spoke too soon. This port is real jank. So here's a little history: Deadly Premonition came from PS2 era and had a pretty tumultuous development. It was developed in Japan and came out on PS3 and Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 is notoriously unpopular in Japan, so it's weird that it even got released there on 360, let alone developed for it. The US got the Xbox 360 version first in 2010. Last year, the Director's Cut was released for PS3 in the US. The Xbox 360 didn't get a Director's Cut release. So I can't tell if the PC port is the PS3 version or the Xbox 360 version with the Director's Cut stuff added in.

Regardless, there's a serious lack of settings (can't change graphics, resolution, anything) and it doesn't recognize my controller's d-pad or analog sticks. I haven't tried keyboard and mouse. It's kind of broken in the way that Dark Souls was when it came out, except Dark Souls had functioning controller support.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:14 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I just finished Saints Row IV. It was pretty satisfying, and completely ridiculous all the way through. Lots of good punching and explosions. And actually funny more often than not!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:46 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

https://www.humblebundle.com

A bunch of Sid Meier games, including all the most recent Civ games/expansions.

I'll have extras so I can given them to somebody if that works.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:10 am 
A Bad Person

The latest Humble Bundle is chock full of excellent games!

https://www.humblebundle.com/

I'm rather excited to see what they add to the package, but what's there is absolutely well worth the average price!

Also, I have games and coupons to give away.

Interstellar Marines http://store.steampowered.com/app/236370/
4x 25% off Broken Age http://store.steampowered.com/app/232790/
75% off Rise of the Triad (2013) http://store.steampowered.com/app/217140/
30% off Aqua Kitty http://store.steampowered.com/app/263880/

And from the last Humble Bundle
To the Moon
Reus
Bit.Trip Runner 2
Surgeon Simulator
HOARD
Strike Suit Zero

Let me know if you want any of this stuff!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:53 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Whoa, coupon frenzy. I was going to ask for a Broken Age coupon, but I seem to have some as well..

I also have:

4x 25% off Broken Age (Discount for Double Fine Loyalty. Ah so.)
30% off Aqua Kitty (what the heck is that?)
75% off Shadow Warrior (!!!! Somebody take this!)
10% off Toki Tori 2+

And straight-up Left 4 Dead 2, which I will give to anyone who doesn't already have it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Does anyone want to go in on a four pack for Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2? It's 75% off right now so the game is only $3.74, but the four pack divided four ways makes it $2.81.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:31 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Everything I've read says that the Sniper Elite games are pretty terrible...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:51 pm 
A Bad Person

Let me just blow the dust off of this place...

Betrayer is out of early access! It's changed quite a bit since I first played it. Apparently you can turn color on now, but who needs that? Also, stealth works a bit better.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:34 pm 
A Bad Person

You can pre-order Goat Simulator and you'll get to play it three days early! Also, GOAT SIMULATOR!

http://www.goat-simulator.com/

No joke, this is a real game, and I heard about it first from an article on www.modernfarmer.com. From what they described, you get 1 point for munching grass, and 1000 points for breaking something.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:50 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

I don't even have a Windows rig and I'd already preordered the hell out of goatsim. so pumped.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:32 pm 
A Bad Person

I got to play it for a whole 15 minutes during my lunch hour! It's absolutely ridiculous. It has a Tony Hawk style combo system. While I was building up a combo, I ran into a house, flipped all the people and furniture, ran upstairs, flipped all those people and furniture, then jumped out the window and ran into a car, which immediately exploded.

There are also secrets!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:05 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

I was up 'til 2:something last night playing burial at sea ep 2. super fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next