| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Steam PC gaming thread!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:58 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Crazy deals on steam today, I got 4 good looking games for like 20 bucks. Check it out quick.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:08 pm 
A Bad Person

Yep! It's pretty nuts. If this is your first big Steam sale, here's a couple pointers: buy daily deals on the day they're posted, don't buy anything that isn't on a daily deal until the last day because the price could go lower before the sale ends. Play the games on the Summer Camp Activities, chances are those qualifications for tickets will change every day. Use your tickets to get Alien Breed 2, it's a complete (okay, complete episode of a) game!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:18 pm 
A Bad Person

New day, new deals! Most of them aren't really up my alley, or not really big deals, but here's what's good.

Shogun 2 for $30 is pretty cheap for the latest game in the Total War series. Just Cause 2 for $5 is insanely cheap for Yahtzee's 2010 game of the year. It's fun if you're into sandbox games with insane action. Braid for $2.49 is SUPER CHEAP for a good platform game with some neat mechanics! And the Heroes of Might and Magic 5 pack is only $5, which includes HOMM5, it's expansions, and Dark Messiah of M&M.

The achievements for tickets changed so play some of those games you've bought!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:28 pm 
WRETCHED

Braid! Get Braid!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:04 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

brian wrote:
New day, new deals! Most of them aren't really up my alley, or not really big deals, but here's what's good.

Shogun 2 for $30 is pretty cheap for the latest game in the Total War series. Just Cause 2 for $5 is insanely cheap for Yahtzee's 2010 game of the year. It's fun if you're into sandbox games with insane action. Braid for $2.49 is SUPER CHEAP for a good platform game with some neat mechanics! And the Heroes of Might and Magic 5 pack is only $5, which includes HOMM5, it's expansions, and Dark Messiah of M&M.

The achievements for tickets changed so play some of those games you've bought!

I really like shogun 2 total war. The ticket for it though is like freakin impossible. (it isn't easy)

I consider star wars knights of the old republic one of my old favorites and it's just a bit over 2 bucks so it's not bad really.

The rest I don't have much to say on...

I heard the bad reviews on dungeons when it came out and wasn't sure so I went to test if and acquired it. This game isn't worth the trouble it would take to install if it was free. It's kind of bad.

Lots of people like braid but I got so far in braid then it annoyed me. A lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:08 pm 
A Bad Person

They must have recently added the Star Wars discounts. KOTOR is totally worth it for $2.50, I've heard good things about Battlefront 2 and Empire at War. I guess $10 for Force Unleased 2 isn't bad, most reviews said it was a competant game just way too short.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:11 pm 
A Bad Person

I have not heard a single positive thing about Dungeons. I think that says a lot.

And I guess if a gun were held to my head, I'd say $7.50 for all of the GTA games prior to GTA4 is a good deal. They're not really my thing but that's a whole lot of sandbox pedestrian crushing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:15 pm 
A Bad Person

Chiatroll wrote:
I really like shogun 2 total war. The ticket for it though is like freakin impossible. (it isn't easy)

Any Total War game achievement is hard earned. The Total War games (god bless them, those stalwarts of PC gaming) are the only series of games I've played in which you can fail (fail fail, start from scratch fail) the tutorial. I own several of them. I am god awful at all of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:48 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

brian wrote:
Chiatroll wrote:

Any Total War game achievement is hard earned. The Total War games (god bless them, those stalwarts of PC gaming) are the only series of games I've played in which you can fail (fail fail, start from scratch fail) the tutorial. I own several of them. I am god awful at all of them.

Thats one of the things you have to respect about total war though. They don't budge just because the game is a little hard like a lot of other developers have. If you complain it's hard the developers tell you to try harder and get over it.

Found a download of a save that is just before he got the achievement so when I get home I'm going to put his save in my data and quick battle myself a ticket.

Did you notice? if you miss a ticket event it shows up in "see remaining activities" so you still have the rest of the summer sale to finish the activities you couldn't finish on the day they were assigned.

This is good because it's the only way I'd ever get that "AaAaAA!!!" activity done

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:51 pm 
A Bad Person

That AAAAaaaaAAAaaaa!!!! cheevo took me several tries, and I've played a lot of AAAAAaaaaaAAAaaaaAA!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I got borderlands and elder scrolls they looked fun. I highly recommend the star wars games if you are into stuff like that. KOTOR was super fun to play and will still be even though its older. Battlefront II was awesome too, another total score to $2.49.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:07 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Magicka is on sale for 66% off today. Don't miss it.

Fable is 50% some people like that. Meh whatever. I also hought bioshock 2 was a disappointment 5 bucks sounds fine for it though.

You can't go wrong with plants vs zombies for under 4 dollars.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 pm 
A Bad Person

Saturday deals!

As Chiatroll said, Magicka for less than $4 is a great deal. I haven't played it yet but I understand it's like a cooperative Diablo and supposedly a lot of fun. Darksiders for $5 is also a good one, it's like God of War meets Zelda with some World of Warcraft-esque artwork. I'm not a fan of Zelda and I made it all the way through Darksiders, which is kind of saying something. Alien vs. Predator? $5? Why not. It's not the best game, but it's cheap. Super Meat Boy for $7.50 is pretty good if you love platforming and hate yourself. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED BIOSHOCK, BUY IT FOR $5!!! It's really fantastic, and I loved Bioshock 2 ($5), even if a lot of people found it kind of derivative and boring. Football Manager 2011 (believe it or not) is remarkably popular and I think that's the latest game in the series and it's only $10. If you don't already own all of the Half-Life games, that's another caps lock worthy purchase. All of them for less than $10 is utterly insane. Plants vs. Zombies is really popular, if you're into casual games, and only $4. All of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for $10 is a good deal if you're into multiplayer shooters. The single-player is pretty good looking but completely skippable, and be warned that Battlefield 3 is coming soon and that will really eat the BFBC2 multiplayer community.

Those are the highlights. Fable 3 and Resident Evil 5 are half off but those games are by no means the best of their respective series'. I guess I'd recommend Fable 3 if you'll never own an Xbox 360 and want to check out the series.

Today's cheevo tasks do not sound particularly easy but the games are cheap and if you want the freebie, feel free to post a comment on my account.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:38 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Bah. I was going to buy magicka fourpacks so people I know had magicka but it says I can't buy it because I already own it... so I'm not given the option to gift it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:40 pm 
A Bad Person

Chiatroll wrote:
Bah. I was going to buy magicka fourpacks so people I know had magicka but it says I can't buy it because I already own it... so I'm not given the option to gift it.
Did you purchase as for yourself or as a gift?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:40 pm 
A Bad Person

Oh, you can't purchase as a gift. Dumb!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:59 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

brian wrote:
Oh, you can't purchase as a gift. Dumb!

Yeah buy for myself and gift are both greyed out and it says I already own this game. Nothing is clickable

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:16 pm 
A Bad Person

I bought a 4 pack. I don't know who I'm going to give the other 3 to.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:52 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

brian wrote:
I bought a 4 pack. I don't know who I'm going to give the other 3 to.

People you will play with. The game is ok in single but awesome in multiplayer so you will want to push it on your friends without them having a say in it. That is what gifting is about.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:25 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I don't have Magicka, but if the ppkers are going in on it maybe I'll pick it up.

Seems like it's not quite worthwhile for solo play.

Also, anyone up for carnival level in killing floor?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:28 am 
Smuggling Raisins

B_A_D wrote:
I don't have Magicka, but if the ppkers are going in on it maybe I'll pick it up.

Seems like it's not quite worthwhile for solo play.

Also, anyone up for carnival level in killing floor?

only an hour and a half left for the awesome 66% off sale price.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:14 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

My thoughts on today

80% off of torchlight is the biggest gem of today. If you liked diablo I heavily recommend you get it.

40% on dragon age 2. is a big name sale. Some people like it? I "obtained" a copy to see if I wanted to buy it since I loved mess effect and bought them and I loved dragon age and bought it but I didn't like dragon age 2. Some people do. It's a bioware RPG though. Don't expect anything to actually happen in it's plot though.

50% off assassins creed 2. I think anyone considering this should be warned it has always online DRM. meaning you have to make an ubisoft account and uses ubisofts always online and logged into the ubisoft account or you can't play style DRM that keeps me from buying settlers 7. (I really like the series) This DRM means if you are traveling with a laptop and don't have internet or if you have an ISP that disconects a lot or if your internet just had an outage you cannot play the game you paid for. I haven't played these games because I refuse to deal with the DRM.

Tropico franchise sale is a fun game. I own it. It's sort of a not so serious strategy game to mess around in. It kind of reminds me of years back when bullfrog was doing dungeon keeper and theme park and theme hospital and a billion other games just like that. If you liked them then go for it.

2 worlds 2 is MUCH better then two worlds 1. Two worlds 1 was a bad game but two wolrds 2 is a good game at now it's less then 20 dollars so if you like open ended RPGs like gothic, or elder scrolls it is a nice play.

I've never sen anyone say anything good about kane and lynch and it's sequel ever. It actually came with a large huge pack I got back in December and I just never bothered to install it because of the MANY MANY warnings about how utterly horrible it is.

I know nothing about the other games I bet brian does.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:26 pm 
A Bad Person

New deals! A lot of franchise sales today, so even more games that presented on the front page are on sale today!

Where to start with Kane & Lynch? I guess for $5 they're worth it but don't expect much out of them. Very cinematic, very good looking, but very very short! The Assassin's Creed games past the first one get a lot of love. Asscreed 1 and 2 are $7 each, and Assbro is $20. Skip the first game. It's really repetitive. The Dragon Age series is on sale, $11 for DA:O Ultimate and DA2 is $36. DA:O Ultimate is definitely worth it at that price but I'd hold off on DA2 until the ultimate edition of that comes out. Torchlight is supposedly an amazing singleplayer Diablo clone and super cheap for $3. Defense Grid for $2.50 is a rather good tower defense game, with a ton of levels.

A lot of indie games in today's cheevo goals. And take five minutes to recommend a game!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Damn, long weekend! Missing all these sales as my visa payment I made on friday won't go through till July 4th.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:57 pm 
A Bad Person

Chia and I have been chatting on and off all day and I think we're the only two who give a shiitake about tickets and free DLC. I feel like we're both elbows deep in games we barely care about, fishing for golden tickets, while everyone else is outside giving us the weirdest looks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 57  Next