| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Steam PC gaming thread!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:06 am 
WELFARIST!

Note to self: Let glitches be glitches and leave them alone! As some of you know I'm replaying the first Bioshock and every time I ran down this set of stairs there would be a big daddy just standing, facing a random wall at the bottom of the stairs and a little sister wayyyy away from him in another room just staring at nothing. At first I didn't think much of it but after the third time I ran past it I realized something was up. I ran over to the little sister and usually when you get too close to them they start to yell and the big daddy comes running after them. Well nope, nothing happened! So I decided to experiment by setting her on fire. Bad idea! She didn't move at all but the screaming came and I turned around and the big daddy was still facing the wall but the moaning sound was coming from him. Then all of a sudden he jumped to another place as I started running and when I turned around the little sister was gone and the big daddy just appeared in front of me and then I was dead. Okay so when you die and resurrect, the big daddy is usually off your case until you start pissing him off again. Well I'm running down a different set of stairs and all of a sudden he appears out of no where and kills me again. I kept trying to run but he kept coming after me and this time I was no where near him or a little sister!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:47 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I took a nap so i'm up for games if anyone who has the day off tomorrow wants to play! Brian turned me down to watch 30 Rock reruns.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:50 pm 
WELFARIST!

What game?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:54 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'll play civ with somebody!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:26 pm 
WELFARIST!

Well, I guess I only have one multi-player game so it's not much of a choice with me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:05 am 
WELFARIST!

Just bought Killing Floor. It looks creepy as hell.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:06 am 
Discovered unobtainium

What the hell?! My NEW macbook pro will not run the new Civ V expansion because it doesn't support any intel onboard video cards. Why would they do that?

Sure, this isn't a gaming rig, but most games support those cards because they are super common. Civ V and existing expansions run just peachy even on high/max settings, so why release an expansion and ban half your existing players from running it ( I don't have a super high end macbook, but I also don't have the lowest model)? I would understand if this were Civ 6, but this is just an expansion adding gameplay features, new civs, and some buildings.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:08 am 
A Bad Person

Seems like an oversight that might get patched in later.

Trine 2 with two other people is absolutely ridiculous.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:15 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Actually, from googling to see if other mac people are annoyed, it looks like Steam just made a mistake. The developer site specifically lists Intel HD 4000 as an exception to the "no Intel" support rule.

Sorry for my freakout--you all know how I love my Civ! I've been looking forward to this expansion. It has an Africa campaign, we get the Zulu back, and it has increased culture and trade routes.

Brian, do you think it will go on sale, or is the 10% pre-order as good as it gets?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:22 am 
WELFARIST!

brian wrote:

I could barely breathe because I was laughing so hard. I was useless with my pretty boxes and terrible jumping skills. MBM was the one who suggested Killing Floor so I hope she plans on playing that with me. Preferably on a day when I don't have to sleep because it looks terrifying!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:26 am 
A Bad Person

lavawitch wrote:
Brian, do you think it will go on sale, or is the 10% pre-order as good as it gets?

Until the winter sale, I can't predict a sale. I'm certain it won't be on sale during the summer sale.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:32 am 

Mr. Shankly wrote:
brian wrote:

I could barely breathe because I was laughing so hard. I was useless with my pretty boxes and terrible jumping skills. MBM was the one who suggested Killing Floor so I hope she plans on playing that with me. Preferably on a day when I don't have to sleep because it looks terrifying!

Killing Floor is six player, so we can give it a whirl tomorrow/later today! I played it for the first time during Halloween which meant a special Big Bad and he really creeped me out.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:35 am 
WELFARIST!

Yessss!!!!! I'm game for that! They added special character for the holiday?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:57 am 
Discovered unobtainium

brian wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

Until the winter sale, I can't predict a sale. I'm certain it won't be on sale during the summer sale.

That's what I meant. I'm not going to wait MONTHS for this thing! That would require patience and stuff. Plus, during the summer, I can sit around and play Civ for 6 hours without guilt that I should be doing something else like planning a lesson or grading papers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:56 am 
WRETCHED

where is my damn sale?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:55 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

July 12th. It's coming.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:52 am 
WELFARIST!

If anyone is interested, I have two guest passes for Killing Floor. Valid until July 23rd.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:08 pm 

We are in the PPK group chat!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:47 pm 

The entire Sonic Collection has hit Steam. I am awful at Sonic but a BEAST at Dr. Robotnik so, bring it on!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:52 am 
Smuggling Raisins

lavawitch wrote:
What the hell?! My NEW macbook pro will not run the new Civ V expansion because it doesn't support any intel onboard video cards. Why would they do that?

Sure, this isn't a gaming rig, but most games support those cards because they are super common. Civ V and existing expansions run just peachy even on high/max settings, so why release an expansion and ban half your existing players from running it ( I don't have a super high end macbook, but I also don't have the lowest model)? I would understand if this were Civ 6, but this is just an expansion adding gameplay features, new civs, and some buildings.

That's weird since it's not changing graphic cards and G&K civ 5 has direct x 9 versions and direct x 10 11 versions separated away from each to help various systems play the game.

they hopefully patch this because day one of it's release I'm playing brave new world.

and I'd also play civ with a person, lavawitch. steam name is Chiatroll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:29 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'll add you! I think my steam name is MollyParrot.

I just got invited to a beta for one of my favorite games. It's already out for Pc, but the Mac version isn't. This should be fun. I missed doing game betas after I stopped building my own systems.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:35 pm 
WELFARIST!

L4D2 is free to play until Sunday at 1pm if anyone is interested in playing with us. It's also on sale for $4.99 right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:53 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

I'm down

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:55 pm 
A Bad Person

I should point out that Left 4 Dead 2 comes with all of Left 4 Dead 1. The entirety of it is in there. There's no good reason to buy Left 4 Dead 1.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:58 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mrsbadmouth wrote:
It's not fun if you just tell me everything to do.

I know this comment is a week old, but this is EXACTLY how my partner and I are with this game. He gave me a copy of Portal 2 on Steam, and we haven't played it yet... We've played it on a console (forget which) before, so I imagine it will go about the same.

Reply to topic  [ 1330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 54  Next