| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Soaked in Bleach
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:46 pm 
Grandfathered In

Anyone out there seen this movie?

I thought it was really good. Very well done. Before, I heard all the Courtney-had-Kurt-murdered business and said, "Yeah, right. Sure she did." I mean, I thought she was an awful person, but I don't think I actually believed she had anything to do with his death, apart from being a bad influence on him. Now I'm not so sure. This movie makes use of extensive documentation (conversations recorded by the investigator Courtney hired to find Kurt—conversations with Courtney, with Dylan Carlson) and interviews with all kinds of credible experts (a homicide detective, a seasoned forensic pathologist, the paramedic who was the first to inspect the scene, Seattle's chief of police from that time) to paint a pretty sinister picture.

Post subject: Re: Soaked in Bleach
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:19 pm 
Dead by dawn

Ooh, I need to watch that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:11 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I never heard of it but I really want to watch it too. Courtney is pretty sinister--you know how some people just don't seem emotionally designed for fame (i.e., Kurt and many others) and others just lap it up? I always thought Courtney was in the latter category.

I do wonder what they make of Kurt's suicide note because it was handwritten and pretty damning evidence just based on what I know about the suicide scene that Kurt himself likely did the deed. Footie, do they explore the suicide note in the movie? I figure they would...

I'd love to see it though. I'm a frustrated forensic detective at heart, I tell you...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:23 pm 
Grandfathered In

They do indeed go into it. The consensus seems to be it wasn't a suicide note at all, *and* they present evidence that the part that does resemble a conventional suicide note was forged. (They found what appears to be evidence of someone practicing handwriting and the note displays two different styles.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:24 pm 
Grandfathered In

Oh, did I forget to say it's on Netflix?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:40 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Thanks, Footie!

Well, I know Frances Bean emancipated herself from Courtney and wound up being raised by Kurt's mother. I read somewhere (think it was a 2011 Vanity Fair article on Courtney) that Frances had testified about Courtney that she was horribly neglectful, some of their household pets died (of neglect, which doesn't make that fact any better, but maybe C's drug abuse explains that) and what I remember was when Montage of Heck came out last year, there was a picture of Frances and Courtney at the premiere and there was just this sense from Frances' body language that she could hardly stand next to her. Know what I mean? Courtney's arms were thrown around Frances short of squeezing her and her body language screamed "I'm so happy to see her!" and Frances' body language looked like she was trying to lean away from her, as in "take your picture so I don't have to stand next to her anymore." Okay, maybe that's reading too much into things I know not of but I remember being struck by Frances' body language in that picture vs. Courtney's.

I don't think that has anything to do with Kurt's suicide/homicide, at any rate,I just think that FB is SO angry at Courtney for her motherin' or lack thereof or whatever she put her through in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:28 pm 
Grandfathered In

I think you'll like this movie.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:19 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I watched this upon your recommendation. I never really paid much attention to Courtney (at least, not enough to have an opinion of her), and skimmed by the murder theories as I do with anything else like that. But this was definitely interesting, and looked solid enough to be worth further investigation. Whether that will ever actually happen? Who knows. But there's certainly a question mark in my mind that wasn't there before.

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:19 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ive never watched any of the movies or read any of the books on this theory (though it wouldnt surprise me in the least CL seems like a gross human being) but what do they say her motive is? money?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:13 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Trevor watched it and loved it. I'm going to watch it this weekend. When I was a youngun in the 90s I thought Courtney did it. I came around to the idea that he killed himself as I grew older and learned more about mental illness. I think this will put me back where I started in the "Courtney Did It" camp. I have always hated her.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:41 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I've always been in two minds about this theory. I love Hole, especially Pretty on the Inside era stuff, but Courtney Love is clearly not a great person. She is an addict, though, which explains (but doesn't excuse) some of her behaviour.

I was completely obsessed with Nirvana in my early teens, and I've read a lot of theories, some of which do sound a bit suspect.

On the other hand, imagine how absolutely horrible it must be if your husband died, and everyone's saying that you murdered him, and you didn't.

So, basically, I kind of feel bad about wanting to watch this, but I am intrigued, so I'll probably give in at some point.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:00 am 
Saggy Butt

I had watched this a while back. I really liked it a lot. I didn't know a lot of the details that lead people to think Courtney was involved but if this stuff is accurate, she def was.