| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst video game thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Well to be fair, for me it's only 35 minutes door-to-door because I take the highway.

Back to the topic at hand: Brian got me the Quest for Glory collection from GOG so I could relive my childhood, and I started off with my magic user and talked to a bunch of townsfolk and then went out and did some shiitake, then ran into a Brigand and died and then realized that I hadn't saved my game at all, because modern times has me so used to autosave.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh yeah. I think I remember that too... There's a patch you have to download and apply totally separately, I think, or that might have been Bioshock 2... I play the damn things anyway, but I'm at the point where if I game needs GFWL and I don't REALLY REALLY REALLY want to play it, I won't bother. This includes random Steam deals. 3 bucks is too much for a game that's so annoying to set up I never get to actually play it.

I also have bought neither Crysis 2 nor Mass Effect 3, both of which I was looking forward to, just because I don't want to install yet another game downloading interface.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:07 pm 
A Bad Person

Ugh, for reals. I had sworn off GFWL long ago, and then I got so excited that Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet was coming to PC that I bought it blindly, without realizing it had GFWL. I've played it maybe twice.

And I'm in the same boat for Crysis 2 and Mass Effect 3. I forking loved Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Mass Effect, and Mass Effect 2. I was so disappointed that Crysis 2 and Mass Effect 3 are inseparable from Origin. I won't deny that the DLC situation with EA games on Steam is a mess, but DLC (typically) sucks and I truly do not need another game download service on less than completely rock solid footing.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:39 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Our xbox just got the red ring of death. My husband is going through all the stages of grieving right now.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:30 pm 
Chip Strong

Being at work all day knowing that fancy new computer was sitting all alone. My games didn't finish downloading yesterday and I haven't had a chance to even try it out yet.
I'm kind of neutral on GFWL. I had some problems with Bioshock 2, but only when the game required updates. I could see how it would suck for multiplayer, which is why I really really hope Dark Souls for PC goes with Steam instead.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:35 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
i didnt play any

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:16 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Adam Crisis wrote:
i didnt play any

Yes.

I just finishing undoing (AT HOME) the thing I stayed at work late to help finish. That means that not only did I just work from home for almost two hours in the evening, but I was at work late doing something that in the end was pretty much pointless.

I would rather have had some crappy tank games, thanks. :P

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:02 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Well to be fair, for me it's only 35 minutes door-to-door because I take the highway.

Back to the topic at hand: Brian got me the Quest for Glory collection from GOG so I could relive my childhood, and I started off with my magic user and talked to a bunch of townsfolk and then went out and did some shiitake, then ran into a Brigand and died and then realized that I hadn't saved my game at all, because modern times has me so used to autosave.

I bought that a little while back, another group of developers actually remade QFG2 into Super VGA (oh yeah!) and it's available for free online. http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/qfg2/

Sierra was the provider of a bulk of the entertainment in my youth, Jones in the Fast Lane (also available as freeware these days) police quest, quest for glory, kings quest, and when we could sneak it by the parents...leisure suit larry. Good times.

Ugh I saw all these cave paintings complaining about vegan cheese options. I don't miss those days. -Isa

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:30 pm 
A Bad Person

Tonight I finished Alan Wake's American Nightmare. I beat the hell out of it. Nightmare difficulty, all the manuscript pages, all of the videos and radio shows. It was fantastic.

Now I'm in video game limbo. I've been lazily playing Bulletstorm for the second time, and I'm still wrapping up my second playthrough of Alan Wake (currently on The Writer), but I could really use something new and exciting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:50 pm 
A Bad Person

I don't know who I'm kidding; I can't finish Halo: Anniversary on Heroic. I can do it in ODST and Reach, but anything beyond normal destroys me in any other Halo. I can't even get out of the first fight in Halo 1 on Legendary. I'm tired of beating my head against "Assault on the Control Room", I just want to have fun playing Halo again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:56 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I'm so surprised no one talks about WoW in this thread. Does no one play that anymore? I used to play ages ago, and feel like am constantly surprised by how many people aren't talking about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:55 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

How difficult Zelda: Skyward sword is on hero mode. I guess it's not all bad though. I run out of potions, get to a boss, and then I ragequit so I don't end up playing for hours on end and actually get some other things done.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:16 pm 
A Bad Person

One of my friends will not be completing Skyward Sword because of how difficult the final boss is. I presume he's playing on normal difficulty, so if hero is higher than that, good luck to you!

I played The Library. I don't think I need to say more. Is there any redeeming quality to that level? It's easily the worst I can think of, at least in the Halo series.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:21 pm 
A Bad Person

Mars wrote:
I'm so surprised no one talks about WoW in this thread. Does no one play that anymore? I used to play ages ago, and feel like am constantly surprised by how many people aren't talking about it.

I think WOW's time has passed. I know their subscriber numbers are falling. Those will level out or go back up for Mists of Pandaria, but it will be just long enough for existing and returning players to check out the new content. SWTOR has seen falling subscriber numbers since release. MMOs that aren't free to play are having a hard time competing against those that are, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:22 pm 
Crazy bat lady

Ryan bought Raccoon City on the advice of a "friend". He returned it the next day and vows to never buy a Resident Evil video game ever again.

I'm still burned up about it 3 weeks later. He bought it on Friday for full price, returned it Saturday morning & got less than half of that as a trade in credit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:37 pm 
A Bad Person

The Resident Evil franchise has done plenty to deserve such condemnation. But they also gave us Resident Evil 4.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:52 pm 
Inflexitarian

Now that I have an excess of time when the baby is asleep in my lap and I've finished some work I noticed my bloodthirsty PVP server in an MMO is...peaceful. :(

I can still burn things in Team Fortress 2 though :)

(hey, I'm peaceful enough in real life, no reason to be in games)

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:23 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Playing SWTOR and since the server transfers the lag has been terrible! I had to jump ship to a less populated server.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:28 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm trying to decide on a Steam game. I have a Windows laptop from school for the summer. I'm ok with ignoring the "don't install anything" edict.

I'm tempted by Civ, Tropico 3 or 4. I probably need something a lot cheaper though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 am 
A Bad Person

The summer sale is coming soon. Very soon. Some say before the end of the week. Games like Civ are certain to be heavily discounted. I will make a big deal out of this, like I always do.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:32 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh thanks! <3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:10 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yep! Steam Sale should be soooooon! And during their big crazy sales, stuff is often discounted to, like, $1.99 for a high-end game (especially big games from a couple of years ago).

I will also be loading up on games I may never get around to actually playing, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:34 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Mars wrote:

So, reading this impelled me to go peek at the WoW website, which I haven't played in a zillion million years because I can't afford it. And that meant that I found out that now you can play up to level 20 for free.

I should not create an account. This is a very very very terrible idea.

VERY VERY TERRIBLE IDEA.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:55 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, don't do it. Play some World of Tanks instead. You can do everything for free!

http://www.worldoftanks.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:27 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm late to the WoW party, I guess. I did the free trial thing and I think I'm on level 5 right now and do not understand the appeal. It's just been "Kill a _____ and bring me it's _____".

The worst video game thing about my day is GTA III on my phone keeps crashing when I try to leave Staunton Island. Why!?!

Also, I could be crazy but I don't think Skyward Sword has difficulty settings. Or any of the Zelda games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next