| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mindy Project
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:29 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Yeah, i'm having issues with this season already. I didn't like James Franco, I knew Casey was going to make a quick exit but damn, that was kind of dumb. Also can they put another female doctor in there instead of adding one quirky weirdo dude to the show after another? Even on a female-led comedy, most of the main cast is male and Morgan is all of the weirdo we need and then some.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:25 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

This episode was definitely a mess. Obviously Mindy and Casey weren't going to last, but what a weird way to go about breaking them up. That said, I've been waiting for them to split because Timothy Olyphant is apparently guest starring in an episode as a love interest for Mindy and I am wholeheartedly on board with Timothy Olyphant's face on The Mindy Project.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:30 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I know they're setting up Mindy and Danny for the long term love connection on the show, but I'm just not feeling it. I don't know why... I think Chris Messina is just fine - I actually really liked him in a move he did with Jenna Fischer (I can't remember the name). I'm sad to see Casey go.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:23 pm 

I actually don't think they'll end up together, I predict that they will hook up and horribly, horribly regret it.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:23 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Rebekah wrote:
amandabear wrote:
I felt like I missed an episode between this one and the last one. Casey went from being all about being a minister in Haiti to being a shiftless career hopper with no explanation or warning and it just kind of felt like an excuse to break them up.

Yeah, time really flies on this show.

Well, based on Mindy's hair it was at least six months later. Probably more. But yeah, I think they just wanted to get rid of him so they can develop the Mindy/Danny thing.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:35 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

J-dub, I did not even notice that her hair was longer. Wow. But that makes it even weirder! What the hell! They just skip half a year from the second to third episode? Who does that?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:41 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Didn't they say how long it was at the beginning? I was waiting for them to do gthat because her short hair looked like such a wig that I knew they were going to jump ahead in time to when her hair got longer. I didn't mind that so much, but it does seem weird that they want to ditch casey so fast.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:50 pm 
Hip Goiter

I really cannot believe how they wrote off Casey this week. I mean, I would have more readily believed that he was suffering an abrupt personality change as a result of a brain-eating amoeba and not that underneath the character we've grown to like (and, in my case, adore) was always this spineless shapeshifter of a manchild. DO NOT BUY.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:16 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Agreed Randi - they didn't do a great job at representing time passing between Mindy coming back, and also the time between Casey deciding to be a DJ and the festival thing blah blah. I'd have believed it more if they broke up at their apartment wedding.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:27 pm 
Semen Strong

I would totally watch a show about a woman who is a bit needy and needs a lot of validation married to someone who has a hard time meeting those emotional demands. You know, for science.

If Mindy and Danny got married, they'd lose the "will they or won't they" vibes, which are so good right now. But I also love the idea that even if Mindy gets married, its not going to magically fix her neuroses. So they could get married and just be one of those couples who are working stuff out, even if they're still imperfect and annoying.

We heard the best line from a couple who had been married for 60+ years - "The key to a long and happy marriage is not wanting a divorce at the same time." Hee!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:35 pm 
Hip Goiter

Tofulish wrote:
We heard the best line from a couple who had been married for 60+ years - "The key to a long and happy marriage is not wanting a divorce at the same time." Hee!

HAHAHA I love it!
I would totally watch your show about Mindy and Danny navigating their relationship with their varying needs, with her needing certain emotional support and him having trouble with it. (Mostly bc it would provide a roadmap for my relationship, har har.) I love Danny.

Oh and as for 'bro doctor'...I'm not digging the character yet -- it's like a potentially more annoying and sexist Barney Stinson-- but I love Adam Pally so much so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and hoping the character will improve.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:27 pm 

I think the thing i'm most upset about is that they whisked Casey/Anders away without getting the rest of the Workaholics crew in an episode.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:13 am 
Naked Under Apron

I just love Mindy and Danny so much as friends. I'm not sure how I feel about a romantic connection, though he's pretty cute when he's looking at her and clearly adoring her.

I'm going to miss Casey!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:57 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

elouise wrote:
This episode was definitely a mess. Obviously Mindy and Casey weren't going to last, but what a weird way to go about breaking them up. That said, I've been waiting for them to split because Timothy Olyphant is apparently guest starring in an episode as a love interest for Mindy and I am wholeheartedly on board with Timothy Olyphant's face on The Mindy Project.

oooh!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:52 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh man. This episode. Hmm. I rewound about 10x to hear Dr. Reed say "Oh my god Danny you smell like a cup of cider!" bc that was freaking amazing. But otherwise, I missed Casey too much! I like that Glenn Howerton is going to be a new love interest, because she should be dating jerks we know weren't work out; that's kind of the point, right? Which makes me wonder why on earth they made Casey so darn charming and likable (except of course in his final 15 minutes)! I misssss.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:37 am 
Nailed to the V

Why do they keep adding random characters to this show. I don't like the dude-bro. ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:09 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I loved this one! I think I like Mindy being awesome on her own too much to miss Casey.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:35 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mindy's hair grew like 11 inches from the previous episode, no? it looked adorable, but: disorienting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:56 pm 
Semen Strong

I don't like Dr DudeBro at all. I agree that the show would be better with fewer cast members, and more focus on Mindy, esp her actually being good at her job. I really like the episodes where we see her at work, because it is such a contrast to her romantic persona. It just seems so lazy to just keep throwing different guest stars at us every week. Oh look! Its James Franco! Oh look its the guy from SNL! Oh look was that guy on Mad Men? Oh look Seth Rogen!

And that said, I loved Seth Rogen. They were wonderful together and had so much chemistry. I'd rather see a few really good guest stars with real stories than a "wacky" guest star of the week.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:14 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

YES, seth rogen was great. I agree. I like mindy and the people working with her, why do we need so many other people all the time?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:33 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

RandiJM wrote:
Oh man. This episode. Hmm. I rewound about 10x to hear Dr. Reed say "Oh my god Danny you smell like a cup of cider!" bc that was freaking amazing.

That was the best part.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:13 pm 
Hip Goiter

I liked this episode! Danny was so gold! I didn't like the stuff with Dr. Reed's dad (Bradford Mead Hahaha) liking Adam Pally more or whatever. That was lame. But Timothy Olymphant was so great. I love how Mindy was like, can you not talk, because when I look at you I like it, but then when you open your mouth my brain gets angry. And then Mindy & Danny ending up back at the restaurant, eating more and discussing their ridiculous dates? loveeee.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:27 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

My favorite part of the episode was Danny eating his sushi with a fork! So perf.

And Timothy Olyphant can skateboard right on into my pantaloons. Even with that terrible hair.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:33 am 
Nailed to the V

Haha, yeah, that hair was terrible! I kept yelling It's his REAL hair!
Still not into the broseph character. nope.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:37 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

"And that's how I have sex" Awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next