| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mindy Project
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:16 pm 
And you never will.

I just watched the last two episodes, and now I want to punch everything.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:15 pm 
Hip Goiter

Right??? I am SO ANGRY! I am yelling at everything in the world like Billy Eichner! Why is Danny such a coward :( :( :( Why did he hurt our Mindy so sadly (and so well acted on both counts ugh)? And most pressingly, WHY did last night's second episode completely ignore the breakup except for the subway intro and one throwaway line from Peter (who is serious my new fave)? Like it's just done, Danny is moving on to rebounds? What the HELL.

The only good thing, that I am grateful for, is that this means Danny Castellano is not perfect and I can finally attempt to begin trying to accept the reality of real-life relationships.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:22 pm 
Semen Strong

Maybe its a sign that the show is going to get picked up for another season?

I haven't seen the episodes, but it would be the dumbest way ever to end the show, to blow all the chemistry between Danny and Mindy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:35 pm 
And you never will.

RandiJM wrote:
Right??? I am SO ANGRY! I am yelling at everything in the world like Billy Eichner! Why is Danny such a coward :( :( :( Why did he hurt our Mindy so sadly (and so well acted on both counts ugh)? And most pressingly, WHY did last night's second episode completely ignore the breakup except for the subway intro and one throwaway line from Peter (who is serious my new fave)? Like it's just done, Danny is moving on to rebounds? What the HELL.

The only good thing, that I am grateful for, is that this means Danny Castellano is not perfect and I can finally attempt to begin trying to accept the reality of real-life relationships.

All of these things, YES. And like I said in my text (haha, sorry you have to hear me rant about it twice), what the fork was up with him being all "I don't want to mess this up and lose you" and then the next episode Mindy TRIES TO LEAVE. ;alsdkjfla;skdjl;fkjasl;dkjf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:37 pm 
And you never will.

And OMG, I love Peter so much after the last few eps.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:57 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I am loving Peter a lot, too! I can't believe mindy and danny were together for one episode. What even is that? Why are guys so shitty to her?
I've been calling jason chubster now, so at least some good came of those episodes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:22 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I heard an internet rumor that the second ep was originally supposed to air before the first one, after switching them they went back and shot a couple scenes to try and tie them together. But it was so awkward! Danny is pining over her, then gets her and dumps her, then is immediately moving on? No. That's too mean!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:51 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Tofulish wrote:
Maybe its a sign that the show is going to get picked up for another season?

I haven't seen the episodes, but it would be the dumbest way ever to end the show, to blow all the chemistry between Danny and Mindy.

It's already been picked up!

I am appropriately bummed about Danny and Mindy, but Anna Gunn almost makes up for it. I love her so much and damn is she stunning. Mindy has the best guest stars!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:42 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I'm bummed, but at least it made sense. Almost. And we know they'll be revisiting it in season three! Also since it got picked up for season three (which was surprising, it's had horrible ratings), that means it's more likely to be picked up for season four because shows are eligible for syndication after four seasons. That's why some many shows get the axe after two seasons, because the networks are basically investing in two more seasons and sometimes they don't think it's worth it.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:36 pm 
Hip Goiter

The new Entertainment Weekly has a copy of one of the earlier version of The Scene That Killed Us All, with some of Ike's (I think it's Ike) margin notes. It is not even close to as moving as the final version was, trying way too hard to be funny instead of letting it be as sad as it needed to be. Sorry these might be too blurry to read. But so my point is, at least this scene, while devastating, was well done. Because it was almost devastating AND shittily done.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:09 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I agree, I find myself surprisingly loving Peter. I never expected that to happen! And another thing I never expected: I kinda want to punch Danny in the face. What the hell, dude? He pined over her for a season and a half! And now he's just like... nah. And Mindy broke up with Cliff because of him! She should be PISSED. Which is why, yeah, that second episode didn't make much sense. Ugh. Danny Castellano, I'm revoking your tv boyfriend status until you get your shiitake together.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:52 pm 
And you never will.

Okay, yeah, at least if they HAD to do it, they really did that scene well. And I agree that Mindy should be pissed, although I never really liked Cliff so I'm kind of glad he's out of the picture.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:37 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I don't want to read the most recent posts here, but are there new episodes? I mean, new ones after the airplane makeout scene? HOW DID I MISS THIS? I am afraid to read the updates to this thread since I might spoil something for myself.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:52 am 
Naked Under Apron

Yes, four new ones since the airplane makeout!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:23 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh shiitake. And my bf is away this weekend and this is a show we always watch together. Now I have to wait until tomorrow night!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

poopiebitch wrote:
Okay, yeah, at least if they HAD to do it, they really did that scene well. And I agree that Mindy should be pissed, although I never really liked Cliff so I'm kind of glad he's out of the picture.

I wasn't crazy about Cliff either, but Danny totally broke up her relationship! Which is a dick move even if it was going to end eventually anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:59 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm so confused. And angry.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:43 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm actually glad they touched on the doctors who don't take insurance issue because people are constantly referring me to doctors and dentists who don't take insurance and I find the whole idea morally repugnant. Mindy doesn't seem to care about much but that is even too low for her.

Also as much as I like the Danny and mindy relationship idea, it never really works for a show when the writers remove the sexual tension from the plot. When they finally get together it's the end of the show. I'm still upset about moonlighting (yes, I'm old).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Butternut wrote:
it never really works for a show when the writers remove the sexual tension from the plot. When they finally get together it's the end of the show. I'm still upset about moonlighting (yes, I'm old).

I'm still upset about Moonlighting too, Butternut!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:27 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

God help me, I love Bro Doctor. More of Peter and Mindy hanging out, please.

And Deputy Leo/Schmidt! I almost spit my drink out when he said his mother was crazy so he's kind of attracted to "this."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:53 pm 
Hip Goiter

Seriously Peter is SO good. I can handle Peter + Mindy as partners in crime, making Danny jealous and realizing what a mistake he made. That's an ok turn. But ugh I can't believe he's sleeping with Peter's sister. AND I can't believe he's treating Mindy like normal, asking her for gossip. what the fizzle. Does he not realize he broke her heart (our hearts)?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:34 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Seriously, it's like he thinks everything's totally fine? And they should still be buddy-buddy, with her spilling her problems to him? Danny, please. I know you're not that stupid. You don't get to make puppy dog eyes at Mindy after you dumped her, jerk.

And yeah, the thing with Peter's sister is just an extra layer of gross. Whyyyyy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:15 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I think that he is realizing that he ruined their friendship. Also as much as I love Max Greenfield, they just shattered my dreams of a new Girl/Mindy Project crossover.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:42 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

So now they're going to do this whole thing again???

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:48 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Gruff cop guy is basically an even manlier Danny. This should be interesting.

"Ma'am, step away from the bear claw. The bear claw has been on the street. The street is covered in urine."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next