| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Fosters
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:49 pm 
We So Excited

Anyone else watch it?
It's a little corny but there's a lot it gets right about older kid fostering/adoption, and it's fun to see a family that looks a little like mine. Except the moms are skinnier, with better hair, and an awesome arts and crafts house no real educator/cop couple in San Diego could ever afford.
Season two premier tonight.

Post subject: Re: The Fosters
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:50 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i just started watching this! i'm not sure how i missed it when it first started, because the premise is right up my alley. anyhow, season 1 is streaming on netflix, and i'm recording the first couple of episodes of season 2 (which just started up again last week) while i get caught up. i'm 4 episodes into the first season, and i like it so far.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:37 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I just watched the first episode on Netflix because of this thread & it's great so far. Gonna watch EP 2 right now!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:03 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

yay! i was hoping to find more ppk'ers to watch it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:11 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I marathoned all of season 1 in a couple of weeks! I didn't realise how close to the end I was 'til today!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:28 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

just finished S1 before bed last night! sooooo much happening, so many feels.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:33 pm 
Saggy Butt

I watched the first two episodes last night. I really enjoyed them both and can not wait to watch more. I might be in the minority but I felt bad for Tahlia and I can understand that she would be worried with her boyfriend hanging around and living with Callie. (I understand because she is a teenager). I wish that Brandon had done something nice for her but maybe that is still coming.

I also liked the conflict between the parents and punishing Brandon. I could understand all sides and, even though some awful things were said and implied, I was happy that no one was made out to be the bad guy and that there were apologies.

I felt bad for Marianna and her situation, even though she did not make the smartest of decisions.

I'm really enjoying all the characters.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:46 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

S2 is on netflix now!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:01 pm 
Saggy Butt

I'm a little over halfway through season 1. Callie is now living with the Fosters again.

I really love this show and I wish I had more time in the day to watch it. I like the issues it presents. While I always immediately take a side, usually I can see why the other person would feel the way they do. (The only person I absolutely disagreed with was Steph's dad when he said that her being a lesbian was a choice, though Steph's come back was awesome.) I also like how things don't always have a perfect ending. Marianna and Jose didn't have a heartwarming moment with their mother, she just wanted to use them for money. Steph's last moment with her dad was a bad one. I also loved the conversation Lena had with Jude about him wanting to wear nail polish.

There is one aspect of the show that I really do not like. And it is the Brandon and Callie relationship. There are times when I want to fast forward through any scene that they are in together. Even if they weren't foster siblings, I still don't think that I'd like these two together, because for me, they just don't mesh and feel forced. Also, I do not like Brandon. Steph told him what could happen if he and Callie were to get into a romantic relationship, yet he still pursued her. When he told her that he didn't want her to date anyone, I was just pissed at him. He comes off as controlling and manipulative and I do not think that he has Callie's best interest in mind. Like at the cast party when he told Tahlia that Callie was also into him because he just couldn't stand that people thought that Callie ran away with Wyatt. This also hurt Tahlia. Worse is that I think we are supposed to find this behavior sweet and romantic when I just find it problematic. Also, when Callie was in the group home, I was very annoyed when Brandon kept showing up to see her, especially after having a restraining order. Jude could have been taken out of the house if they had been caught. Callie also annoyed me through this part of the show. I wanted to see her interact with the other girls, not with Brandon. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that Brandon and Callie are end game.

Everything else about the show is awesome. Steph and Lena are a great couple and they both feel like real people.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:15 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Kal wrote:
There is one aspect of the show that I really do not like. And it is the Brandon and Callie relationship. There are times when I want to fast forward through any scene that they are in together. Even if they weren't foster siblings, I still don't think that I'd like these two together, because for me, they just don't mesh and feel forced. Also, I do not like Brandon.

*high five*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:24 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

bluedawg wrote:
S2 is on netflix now!

Oh yes!! You know what I am doing with layovers on my way to Veganstock if there is WiFi @ the airport!!!

I kinda loved this show and was sad that I couldn't watch season 2 online, because I finished them on Netflix just before season 2 started. But finally!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:25 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Friday wrote:
Anyone else watch it?
It's a little corny but there's a lot it gets right about older kid fostering/adoption, and it's fun to see a family that looks a little like mine. Except the moms are skinnier, with better hair, and an awesome arts and crafts house no real educator/cop couple in San Diego could ever afford.
Season two premier tonight.

I wanted to ask you if you have been watching :)