| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ANTM: Guys & Girls
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:34 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

anyone else watching this dreckitude? i'm asking myself why - it's gimmicky as hell and the numerical rating system needs to DIAF already. (but of course i'm going to watch the rest of the series anyway.)

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

Post subject: Re: ANTM: Guys & Girls
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:58 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I watched the first episode out of morbid curiosity. It seems like it's mostly going to be the girls and guys flirting with one another and added romance drama? Meh.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:03 am 
Nailed to the V

Yeah, I'm ashamed to say I am watching. There used to be a show on Bravo and I think it was called Make Me A Supermodel. That one was guys and girls, too, and I enjoyed watching the competition because the battle of the sexes thing puts an interesting spin on the whole thing. But yeah, this one just seems like it's gonna be drama-filled and kinda blah.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:24 pm 
Nailed to the V

I'm into it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:28 pm 
Chard Martyr

Garrick wrote:
I'm into it.
Me too. I already have favorites and ones I'm rolling my eyes at. I would love if some of them hook up for extra drama purposes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:47 pm 
Nailed to the V

I can't stand Chris H. He's already so overpraised! Nina is adorable as expected, and I have a strange inclination towards Jiana.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:59 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Because of this thread I watched the premiere. I don't understand why everyone loves Jourdan? She's so Lindsay Lohan and not interesting at all. I can definitely get in to Nina because cat headband. Ugh, I hate myself for watching this show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:13 am 

vijita wrote:
Ugh, I hate myself for watching this show.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. And yet I still watch...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:46 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Yes, watching it. I don't have a favorite (to love or hate) yet.

The guys are so creepy around the girls.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:09 pm 
WELFARIST!

I missed the first two episodes and no longer available on my on-demand thingie--so I've watched two episodes (watched eps 4 last night). After the makeovers, I couldn't recognize the ones who got their hair colored.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:57 pm 

I thought the majority of the makeovers turned out quite well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:43 pm 
Saggy Butt

I was not at all sold on the weave, but I just don't think I like Phil all that much in general. I do like Cory! And the one who looks like bird. Nina?

It's been years since I watched even a little bit of ANTM because it's not always the best for me body-image-wise (currently I'm watching over my roommate's shoulder for the styling and the drama, and just seeing how that goes), so it's interesting to watch it, being familiar with the format and the host and everything having deliberately avoided it for years and years.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:05 pm 

If Nina's ankle was hurt in casting, why has she not mentioned it at all in any episodes up until now? Or did she mention it and I just missed it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:43 pm 
Saggy Butt

Maybe she's been in pain the whole time and this episode was when it seemed dramatic and interesting to include it, with the spinning runway? Or she hurt it, but it didn't seem too bad at first and has just been getting worse over time...? I don't really know. I don't recall her mentioning it earlier, either.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:54 am 
Saggy Butt

I think Phil is super dreamy, even with the weird jesus hair, but man-oh-man I would like him to not talk, ever, ever, ever again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:34 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

This is my favorite season yet! I love the added drama when it's coed. It will be coed next season too! So many people have gotten burned though because of this setup... Jeremy (was that his name?) being called desperate by Jourdan, Phil majorly flirting with Jiana and then talking about his girlfriend, and poor Nina (why do I still like Chris H?)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:37 pm 
WELFARIST!

Yeah, I'm liking this go-round although I can't take the photo shoots seriously and I DO NOT LIKE the living photos at all. I enjoy the cast and challenges though. I wish Jeremy wasn't eliminated as I could totally see his look in high fashion. I'm not too keen on Phil. I think they mucked his hair so bad they maybe ruined any shot he had at a career on this show.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:42 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

how the hell is Jeremy getting such good feedback for his photos? he was totally pulling a Zoolander in the last two episodes, duckface and all. i'm gonna be pissed if he makes it to the top 3.

I'm going to put my cats in a baby bjorn and be like, "LOOK WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOOK WE'RE HAVING A PLAYDATE." - bathsheba

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:33 pm 

Ha, yes, Jeremy is totally a Zoolander model.

I like Nina's photos a lot, but I am getting pretty tired of her crying over every little thing.

Personality wise I like Corey the best, but I doubt he'll be in the top 3.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:40 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

OH COME ON. this last episode perfectly illustrated the drawbacks of the numerical scoring system - somebody who's been doing great gets sent home because of one bad shoot, while some of the more mediocre models skate on through to the top 5. i'm especially pissed because they spent the entire hour reminding you what a douchecanoe Chris is and hinting that he's going home, but then no. at least Marnee live to see another week.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:33 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I am just so so so happy I won't have to listen to Nina tell me her feelings. Go Cory! But I think Jourdan is going to win, unfortunately. Also I am super ashamed that I am still watching this shiitake.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:57 am 
Saggy Butt

I was sitting next to Phil in the airport last May. I guess he was going home after filming the show and was on a stopover in Hong Kong. He was on the phone gushing and gushing about how he was so wonderful and he always knew he could make it (even though this was a publicity stunt). I had no idea who he was, but he talked about himself so much that I was able to google him. I was so surprised when I figured out it was for ANTM because he looked like such a bum at the time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:03 am 
Chard Martyr

haha that's funny, orangeluna!
I'm watching this (still) and I agree with most things that have been said: scoring system is whack, Jeremy does look like he's from Zoolander, and the living photos are so annoying. Cute once, but not for every. single. photoshoot.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:43 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

orangeluna wrote:
I was sitting next to Phil in the airport last May. I guess he was going home after filming the show and was on a stopover in Hong Kong. He was on the phone gushing and gushing about how he was so wonderful and he always knew he could make it (even though this was a publicity stunt). I had no idea who he was, but he talked about himself so much that I was able to google him. I was so surprised when I figured out it was for ANTM because he looked like such a bum at the time.

OMG, that's bad if you can Google him just based on what he was saying. So he actually said his full name? I picture this "I, Phil Sullivan, am going to be the most famous model ever." And I actually thought he was a homeless dude the first time I tuned into the show.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:13 am 
WELFARIST!

Well I think Jeremy is model material. But he does have a Zoolander one trick pony face, fer sure. The young man just needs to work on his variety a little.

Of all the contestants, I think Don should probably win. He has an amazing look (he came out on top in terms of the makeovers--that blond hair just made him look amazing and put him in a different league than he came in with) that I could see in high fashion. Everyone else on the show is perfectly attractive just not as stand-outish to me as Don.