| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Master Chef
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:09 pm 
Chip Strong

I just watched the first episode! I I initially thought it was the second episode since they skipped auditions, which, yeah, was a bummer. I love seeing all the people who turn up and what they cook!

I'm also surprised they didn't kick Astrid - that messy contestant - off! Seriously. They must think she'll be an interesting competitor.

And I gotta say, Gordon Ramsey would surely make me cry if I ever met him, but watching him actually cook is so ridiculously soothing. So calm!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:17 pm 
Chip Strong

LisaPunk wrote:
i thought the way they stopped their hour cooking time to basically publically shame people and kick them out was more mean spirited than normal

I thought this too. I've always liked Master Chef because I liked seeing Gordon in a different light-- someone who can be compassionate to people who are obviously beginners. I mean, the show is about home cooks! So, I really hope that they tone the meanness back a bit.

I don't have favorites yet either. Actually, the only one I can even picture right now is the woman who was the last one to be chosen to stay.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:37 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

what bothered me so much was it wasnt even like they were doing anything *bad* or terribly wrong. one guy didnt add enough salt and i forget what the other lady did. it was bland or something or undercooked? like not huge mistakes and they were basically publically shamed on tv. i mean the lady who was throwing her trash around deserved it. did you hear what she said?? something about she thought they had people to clean it up???

im sure they do have people who clean up the kitchen for them but does that mean you just throw trash everywhere?

geesh. i already dislike her alot.

im betting now that the lady who made the two pies will be the winner. after the last two seasons they very obviously groom a winner and there is a big story to go with it and they showed her so much i am betting she wins.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:47 pm 
Chip Strong

LisaPunk wrote:
i mean the lady who was throwing her trash around deserved it. did you hear what she said?? something about she thought they had people to clean it up???

O, ew. I missed her saying that. Gross.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:53 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I missed it last week but it was quite entertaining last night. I understand the show is a lot about the drama but I wish they would show more of the actual cooking - it seems like there was more of that on the Canadian version.

What I don't understand is why they repeat what happened before the commercial break immediately after the break. There must be hours and hours of footage. I am complaining about it, yes, but I am also wondering if there is some definite psychological reason I don't get, because whenever it happens I want to turn off the show. (Ha - but I don't).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:59 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I thought my DVR screwed up when I didn't see the auditions! Now I see they just eliminated that portion. Oh well. Anyway, I don't have any favorites yet but I do like Willie and he seems to have legit skills. Malibu Dad has to go.

And yes to the whole "let's take 5 minutes to recap the last 5 minutes shown right before the commercial break you pbly fast forwarded through anyway." Sheesh already. They seem to do that a bit, not just on this show. ("They" meaning the all powerful TV people.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:10 pm 
Chip Strong

I am so not cut out for the strategy aspect of this show! I am like,
Spoiler: show
why didn't Courtney pick Willie to be safe from elimination? His dessert came in second! Reward skill and effort!

I mean, I know that's precisely why she didn't, but still.
Puppetmaster, schmuppetmaster.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:02 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Yeah, what the eff, I miss the auditions! Count me in as another one who thought they'd missed a couple episodes of the season. Bummer.

I love Willie, but I really wish the judges wouldn't call him 'Big Willie'. Why do they think larger people enjoy that?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:19 am 
Chip Strong

alice1drland wrote:
I love Willie, but I really wish the judges wouldn't call him 'Big Willie'. Why do they think larger people enjoy that?

Ramsay is notorious for this, always calling guys "Big boy" and stuff. It makes me cringe every time.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:39 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i dont like how they are being more dickish this season and there is more (what seems like) scripted drama.

why were they so mean to Cutter about his cappucino pudding i mean holy cow! i thought he put forth an honest effort that looked nice and i thought the logo was cute.
i mean it's one thing when they rip people apart when they are being stupid or egotistical or throwing trash on the floor but i thought them ripping him apart came out of nowhere and he didnt deserve it. previously the show seemed more like they were mentors rather than like on Hell's Kitchen where getting berated is something you basically signed up for.

i also felt like the fight between Leslie and the woman behind him (Elizabeth???) was scripted and some of the stuff COurtney said during the elimination challenge seemed totally scripted to me. either that or shes a huge bisque.

wish it was more about the cooking and less about drama. i love a good trashy reality show with drama but this one didnt feel like that format.

and yeah Gordon totally calls larger guys "big boy" all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:36 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm not caught up yet, but: YOU GUYS. Malibu Dad is Melissa Joan Hart's stepdad! And also the worst. Ugh.

The first episode was weird without any auditions. I think the guy who made the ramen will do well - just like a gut feeling. Do not like Elizabeth at all (which means they'll probably keep her around forever).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:44 pm 

Blueberry pie tattoo girl is cute, and not annoying. I guess I'm rooting for her, because I have no strong opinions about anyone else at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:26 pm 

Yeah, she is cute. Nobody really stands out for me either yet. I feel like they focus so much on a few (drama-ish) people and then there's all these others who you barely see. Especially with no auditions this time to introduce everyone and their schticks. Who are these people? Enough Leslie, Elizabeth, Courtney and crying pie lady (Elise?). I don't think I've even heard Kira or Ahran talk yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:53 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i get the feeling they are trying to turn this show into the home cook's version of Hell's Kitchen. they even had Gordon yelling "everyone stop!!! look at this!!"

i love me some Hell's Kitchen but that's not what this show was.

i dont really have any faves yet either. i like Willie and I liked blueberry pie lady too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:07 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
LisaPunk wrote:
i get the feeling they are trying to turn this show into the home cook's version of Hell's Kitchen. they even had Gordon yelling "everyone stop!!! look at this!!"

i love me some Hell's Kitchen but that's not what this show was.

i dont really have any faves yet either. i like Willie and I liked blueberry pie lady too.

I agree, I just want cooking challenges and maybe a tiny bit of backstory on the people and thats it, no big dumb group challenges, no (most likely) producer/editor inspired drama between contestants. Just cook stuff!

Also I want to give the blue berry pie lady a big hug because she is so awkward

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:50 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

^Well said, Adam - just cook stuff!

And I agree that the auditions gave you more insight into everybody's quirks. I have no idea why they did away with that but who do I have to send an email to (crankily shakes fist in the air).

Blueberry Tatto reminds me of Tina from Bob's Burger, so of course I'm rooting for her.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:05 pm 

Oh yes, I like Willie, too. So I hope it's those two in the end.

I'm really sick of the drama, too. It feels like they're grasping at straws because they think this is what everyone wants - let their food do the talking and stop with the dumb questions like, "Who do you think is going down?" or whatever. Pretty sure everyone who's watching this show just wants to see people cook and not pull each other's pigtails.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:14 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

So I am catching up. And the way Tyler was sent home had me so stressed. I was physically ill.

Can they send Leslie home soon? Not because his cooking is so awful, but because he is.

I love Arhan (sp). What talent and way to think outside the box.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:02 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i felt really bad for him as it did seem like an honest mistake. at least they went out of their way to say they truly felt it was a mistake and not him being conniving cause that would have been good tv so im surprised they didnt do that.

i find Leslie annoying too but mostly i hate Courtney. she irritates the fork out of me

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:46 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Ugh Courtney. She was just so awful. I was so glad when her plan to get rid of Christian backfired. So glad.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:13 am 

Is it just me or is this season kind of a dud so far? I feel like the stuff they're cooking has been kind of dull and it's just drama drama drama all the time. I'm bored.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:09 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Yeah. I would agree.
To be honest, I am watching to see if Leslie falls on his face. He just makes me so stinking mad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:59 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
The weeks where its even numbered contestants is the worst, that means "team challenges"

so dumb

at least they lowered the post audio effects of the fork hitting peoples mouths when the judges taste the food....now that I have brought that to your attention you will always notice it. Remember, its just some asparagus in a recording studio recording a fork hitting his own teeth.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:17 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

was sad to see Francis go. he was entertaining and goofy and quirky and funny.

Loves Willie's reaction when Gordon called his pasta regurgitated dog vomit.

i like Daniel and Elizabeth.
i havent yet decided if i like Daniel because he is good or because i think he is cute.
i also like the baker lady (Jaime?)

DO.NOT.LIKE.COURTNEY.

i dont have as much of a problem with Leslie as everyone else. im kinda meh on him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11