| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Orange is the New Black, season 3! (full season spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:11 am 
Naked Under Apron

Seriously, do not read below this until you've watched the whole season unless you don't mind spoilers!
-------------------------------------------------

I was eagerly awaiting Friday morning so I could watch a few episodes before work, and they released the season early! I'm two episodes in and so far, so good. There's a lot more time spent with the secondary characters (awesome!), so it doesn't really feel like the story is progressing yet. But they seem to be setting a lot of things up, and I have a feeling it'll pick up quickly. The back story format seems to have changed for this season, and we're getting little bits and pieces of different characters in each episode instead of a huge chunk of a single character's story (I don't really like this change).

They haven't said for sure that Vee died, but it's been alluded to multiple times. But Rosa also died? And they haven't said how. And, um, I need to know!

Are you guys watching? What do you think so far?

Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrangeJourneyDesign

Post subject: Re: Orange is the New Black, season 3! (spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:54 pm 
Huffs Nooch

On episode 5 now. I'm liking it so far. The episode where we get some of Boo's backstory got me all emotional. I loved getting to see it though. Also I miss Nicky even if she did mess up pretty bad. I hope she comes back (and soon).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:30 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Nimmy wrote:
Also I miss Nicky even if she did mess up pretty bad. I hope she comes back (and soon).

yES. If she doesn't return, I will riot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:27 am 
Saggy Butt

Yay, it's available in the UK too. Watched episode 1 last night, it's so good to have this back in my life!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:54 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

Really hope Nikki comes back in the next series.

Post subject: Re: Orange is the New Black, season 3! (full season spoiler
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:26 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I edited the first post a little bit just to clarify that there are full season spoilers in here. Also i'm only halfway through so I have to come back later!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:25 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I finished about twelve hours ago, and holy moly. Will Alex be dead? Will everyone be in the SHU? Will we see Sophia and Nicky again? Why is my favorite relationship/friendship Boo and Pennsatucky? Holy shiitake, how evil is Piper? I'm so happy for Cindy even though for half the season I legit thought it was just for broccoli! I'm so happy for Suzanne and Maureen. I'm so happy for Poussey and Brook. WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO DAYA AND ALEIDA'S CHILDREN. Is Bennet 10000% gone for good? (I think I know the answer but JESUS). What nickname will Mendez have now, sans-stache? I'm glad Norma's cult settled down and she's friends with Red again. Lots of good happening but ALEX MIGHT DIE. Will the internet riot?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:42 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I've always thought Bennett was a bit of a knob. This season confirmed it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:04 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Didn't get into the first episode but the second is better. In an interesting side note, the Sargeant in Bennett's flashback in ep. 2 is my ex-boyfriend's cousin. I was pretty stoked when he told me he had a minor part in OINTB!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:38 am 
Saggy Butt

I'm up to episode 12 already! Piper how could you cheat on Alex?! Oh yeah, because you're a self-absorbed crasshole.

I wonder if Daya will actually go through with giving up her baby to creepy 'stache guard's Mom? Also, is Bennett really that much of a dickwad or is he maybe dead?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:25 am 
Stepford Vegan

i am glad that piper and alex are not the focus any longer. i could also do with less of them - their hate sex thing was annoying and something i cannot get behind.

i like seeing everyone's stories from boo's to flaca's (possibly my fave out of all of them). i also like seeing new friendships build from pennsatucky and boos to red and sam's.

i am only 5 in...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:14 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

It is a scientific fact that Piper is the worst.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:49 am 
Saggy Butt

missmuffcake wrote:

i like seeing everyone's stories from boo's to flaca's (possibly my fave out of all of them).

Absolutely, I wish there was more of it to be honest.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:55 am 
WRETCHED

I don't mind spoilers although I just scrolled on by...

I'm excited, we start tonight! We just finished a season of Dexter so now onto OITNB. I'm sure many have already finished the season already but we aren't as quick so it'll be a couple weeks for us :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:41 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Boy they really made up for the lack of cliffhangers in the season 2 finale, eh?

I hate Piper, but I sort of did from the beginning before she got all "hardened" from prison. I don't like her relationship with Alex, but I sort of think they deserve each other? Though I dunno lately Piper seems worse, but I was very confused how she quickly seemed to get over Alex's shenanigans during the trial and how she lied.

The highlight of the season for me was seeing Boo and Dogget become such cute friends and Dogget becoming more personable rather than the crazy side we saw previously. I also hope donut guy meets a Vee-like end. Oh wait there were two highlights for me- how could I forget the Time Humper Chronicles!? I just about died laughing over that. And that poor guard she modeled admiral Rodcocker after? Bwahahaha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:10 pm 
And you never will.

mrsbadmouth wrote:
It is a scientific fact that Piper is the worst.

Quoted for truth. When I first started watching I wanted to like her, because I thought they were trying to make her sympathetic and that we were somehow supposed to identify with her/root for her, but now I feel like they're trying to make us hate her. Which is convenient, because I already did.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:50 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Nimmy wrote:
The highlight of the season for me was seeing Boo and Dogget become such cute friends and Dogget becoming more personable rather than the crazy side we saw previously.
We're only 5 episodes in, but so much this. I especially loved the flashbacks of Baby Boo with her parents: "Okay, but you're both a*sholes."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:57 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Desdemona wrote:
Nimmy wrote:
The highlight of the season for me was seeing Boo and Dogget become such cute friends and Dogget becoming more personable rather than the crazy side we saw previously.
We're only 5 episodes in, but so much this. I especially loved the flashbacks of Baby Boo with her parents: "Okay, but you're both a*sholes."

I really enjoyed that too. The scene where Dogget was telling Boo about her rape, Boo's face and reactions were so good, and the whole interaction was so sad but kind of sweet with Boo being so protective.

I really liked Leanne's backstory. I totally didn't see it coming, and it made me like her character a lot more, even though she was mostly a crasshole this season.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:13 pm 
Stepford Vegan

i knew a girl who paid for college selling 'dirty' pantaloons on ebay - this was the net boom of the late 90s...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:38 pm 
Hip Goiter

I'm on #5! This is so good (except the Red/Healy stuff is so weird and icky!!! and it can't end well). But ahaha some amazing stuff. Like the funeral for the books was incredible. and the entire Penn/Boo relationship, hot damn. And Daya's mom's crasshole guy of course is the worst person in the whole world but omg, this actor has some amazing material to work with. "fork that guy! You're better off! He had one leg! I mean, you go around losing body parts, that's some pretty irresponsible shiitake!!!"

Nickles is coming back, right??

Laughfrodisiac
www.thefriendliestflour.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:27 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I loved the scene with Boo teaching Doggett what rape is. It was so intense and so scary, but so very real.

I have finished the whole season. Overall, a bit slow, but I enjoyed the majority of it. Red and Healy freaked me out until I saw Red's endgame. But now she's just being friendly/nice and I think that could bite her in the ass- I really, really, really hope they don't go the romantic route. Her despair about the food was so funny, and her roulette dinners when she gets veggies? Hilarious. Best bit of the season, imo.
And So-so's (I don't know how on earth you'd spell her name) plot was so sad and wonderful. I loved the ending with her and Poussey! And Suzanne finding someone who appreciates who she is?

omg. Speaking of Suzanne, that forking story was hilarious.

I really liked getting Caputo's backstory. I actually found myself liking him a lot this season.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:58 am 
Stepford Vegan

sooo...unless the new chick has some type of bigger part coming up i think she is just eye candy for the viewers*. i just finished 9 and thought the piper + her kiss scene was so awkward/badly acted i flinched. Taylor Schilling went at it like she did earlier with the guard. i am not sure if it was a 'piper' thing or again bad acting.

*boyfriend mentioned how in an article/photo spread she looked like justin bieber - i cannot get that out of my head now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:19 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I agree, MMC. I didn't know who Ruby Rose was before, and as far as I can tell after having watched her arc on OITNB, she's a hot person who got cast to play a hot person. I didn't find her character very compelling at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:44 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

jordanpattern wrote:
I agree, MMC. I didn't know who Ruby Rose was before, and as far as I can tell after having watched her arc on OITNB, she's a hot person who got cast to play a hot person. I didn't find her character very compelling at all.

Pretty sure she was just a pawn to illustrate how horrible of a person Piper is. Like a twisted version of the manic pixie dream girl, but "look how horrible protag is" instead of "look how amazing protag can be!!!!"

ETA: hotness of course goes hand in hand

Last edited by oddspongeout on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:49 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I have to say, I enjoyed this season a hell of a lot more. Especially seeing more of the characters back story and having less of the narrative focus on piper.