| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Luke Cage
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:10 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

So I am currently about half way through this.

Very much Yes!

Mat.

Post subject: Re: Luke Cage
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:57 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

AH we watched the first episode and my partner wanted to go to bed. It's killing me, pilot was so good I want to watch it all in once sitting. I love the casting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:04 am 

Yes, I wanted to finish it really quickly but I am trying to pace myself.

Mat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:29 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

We watched it all Fri/sat!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:56 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

The first episode was the best piece of superhero fiction I've ever seen. 2nd wasn't as good, 3rd not as good as the second. I still love it, but I hope it picks up again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:15 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Ok guys I need help on this. After finishing Jessica Jones I was so shocked/excited to see the promo for this show. But then I watched the trailer. In my little head-canon I was shipping Jessica with Luke pretty hard so I sorta don't want to watch this show and see otherwise? But then I do want to watch it for obvious reasons so... I'm conflicted!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:29 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

haha, get over your head cannon! this show is good! Jessica's not in the show at all, so it's not like you'll see them being not together. In fact, there's hardly any white people in it at all! Plus, Luke Cage is really super hot in those hoodies. It's an amazingly feminist show, too. So many super strong women and they aren't even making a big deal about that. It's just like..totally normal for the detective and the inspector to both be black women.

Jessica Jones is suuuch a great show, but just forget that ship and watch this!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:38 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Nimmy wrote:
Ok guys I need help on this. After finishing Jessica Jones I was so shocked/excited to see the promo for this show. But then I watched the trailer. In my little head-canon I was shipping Jessica with Luke pretty hard so I sorta don't want to watch this show and see otherwise? But then I do want to watch it for obvious reasons so... I'm conflicted!

I LOVE JJ/Luke Cage, they're my favourite comic couple. That said as a shipper this wasn't hard to watch from that perspective. They were on again/off again in the comics for a while anyway, and besides, we'll see them interact again in The Defenders.

One weird thing (don't read until you watched the first episode)

Spoiler: show
I found it weird they paired him with Misty, even if it was only a fling. In the comics, she's the main love interest of Iron Fist, who is also Luke Cage's best friend. I'm just wondering if it was done to heighten future DRAMAZ.

The Themysciran - my geek blog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:02 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Shy Mox wrote:
Nimmy wrote:

I LOVE JJ/Luke Cage, they're my favourite comic couple. That said as a shipper this wasn't hard to watch from that perspective. They were on again/off again in the comics for a while anyway, and besides, we'll see them interact again in The Defenders.

One weird thing (don't read until you watched the first episode)

I found it weird they paired him with Misty, even if it was only a fling. In the comics, she's the main love interest of Iron Fist, who is also Luke Cage's best friend. I'm just wondering if it was done to heighten future DRAMAZ.

For some reason I though that became a short live spat thing in the comics as well? But maybe my mind is just running story lines/universes together

I love JJ/Luke Cage as well for comic couple of the century (and adorable baby!) but this show fits in between sections of their relationship and I enjoy that it really dives into Luke's world/cannon without relying on JJ's awesome star power.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:00 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Thanks guys- I have been convinced!! :D
Also didn't know about The Defenders. Off to google this immediately.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:27 am 
Semen Strong

I love the flipping of the gaze, to linger on his body - it's one of the only shows where there's a sex scene and more time is spent on the male than the female. It's so rare to see a female gaze. Plus it makes me want to get coffee.....

The scene where Mariah loses it and attacks Cornell who victimblamed her was amazing. I think it's pretty amazing how they show the suppressed rage under the surface, in a moment that really humanized them both - her history and his.

This was a really good article on how JJ and LC have both tapped into important social stories. http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/5/13175 ... -superhero

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:05 am 

So I finished this at the weekend and I really liked it but

I felt like compared to DD and JJ it was a bit unsatisfying. Most of the evil people are still at large whereas (at least in season 1 DD and JJ) they were vanquished in some way. I don't know, it felt a bit anti-climactic, but that may be cannon to the character anyway.

Mat.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:12 am 
Saggy Butt

It upset me that Jessica Jones isn't in it at all, given how big a role he had in her show. Daredevil and Luke Cage get their own shows, but the one led by a woman has to feature another (male) Defender? Hm.