| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mr. Robot
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:18 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

The first season is available on Amazon Prime now. Has anyone else watched this? I kind of love it.

First and foremost, there's Flipper:

I also love how effortlessly diverse this show is. There are characters who are gay or brown or trans and it's merely incidental to their character, not who their character is. Like the fact that there is this badass hacker character who is a woman in hijab and oh it's that girl who can bust a serious move in the Turn Down For What video.

Anyone? Let's chat.

Post subject: Re: Mr. Robot
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

We're three or four episodes in, I like it. I love that we're never really sure if we're experiencing Eliott's reality or real reality or both at the same time.

Instagram: entropyandennui

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:36 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I actually started rewatching yesterday after finishing the first season on Monday. I don't usually do that with series but after learning some of the 'twists' that are revealed throughout the first season, I had to go back and watch it again with the knowledge I now have!

I forgot to mention that another thing I love about the show is that animals aren't hurt or killed for mere plot advancement- not even Qwerty the fish! I have to admit being worried for Flipper a couple of times but even when there are baddies in Eliott's apartment threatening him she is never in danger <3. There's a scene at the end (this isn't a spoiler, no worries) where fsociety is destroying a bunch of their hardware in a local animal shelter's crematorium, then they turn around and free all the dogs in the cages! Of course they cut out the scene where they responsibly re-homed all the dogs with caring, loving, families, but I know that they did it ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:04 pm 
Hip Goiter

SHUT UP GUYS WE JUST STARTED IT THIS WEEK TOO! I love it! It's so good and interesting and FLIPPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:19 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

We definitely need more Flipper reaction shots in Season 2.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:51 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Oooh, exciting stuff for Season 2!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... season-two

(article contains S1 spoilers!)

I'm excited for the addition of Aasif Mandvi and Craig Robinson! I'm disappointed there were no updates on Flipper in the S2 trailer!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:55 pm 
Hip Goiter

Omg
Eps 8&9 were INSAAAAAAANE. Omg.

omg

omg

in that order.

On the season 1 finale now and I don't know what's going to happen but I DO know that Sunita and the others just let ALL THE DOGS GO FREEEEE and I don't need to know anything else.

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:22 pm 
Hip Goiter

Okay, really didn't like the finale! By far my least fave ep of the whole thing!

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:19 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Rewatching the show, I did realize that they use the girl-in-the-fridge trope with Shayla, which is pretty disappointing, given how original the rest of the show seems to be.

I really recommend rewatching once you know who Darlene and Mr. Robot are. It's funny how Darlene's behavior especially seemed so weird and abrasive the first go-around but now it makes perfect sense. Also interesting trying to determine which (if any) of the suited men following Eliott are real.

Is anyone watching Season 2? I haven't ponied up any money for it but I like this show more than I've liked a show in a long time, so maybe I will!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:52 pm 
Hip Goiter

Yes totally about Darlene!!! I HATED her at first because she had no boundaries and was going into Elliot's apartment and stuff and I was so ANGRY on his behalf for his privacy but come on! It's his sister! Makes perfect sense hahahah I love it!!!

We just watched 2.1 and oh my god it is intennnnnnnnse. It's free with Prime but you have to wait each week I think? It's only up to 2.2 released.

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:54 pm 
Hip Goiter

WHO HAS SEEN 2.2 OMG OMG OMG OMG

Spoiler: show
I am SO SAD about Gideon!!! Oh my god! He did nothing wrong. Poor guy.

WHAT HAPPENED TO FLIPPER?????????????????

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:41 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Oh man, you must be getting Season 2 episodes for free through some UK awesomeness, I'm seeing it here at $2.99/episode. The season is only $19.99 though... I've never bought a season pass to anything but I freaking love this show, so I might!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:37 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

OK, I bought the season pass! Randi, I agree entirely with your spoilered statement. When the guys calls him a 'crisis actor', too. Yikes. There are conspiracy theorists in this, too? Although I appreciate the addition of Maxine, and the acknowledgment that Flipper did indeed exist, WHERE IS SHE. This is serious. I need to know Flipper is okay. This show and I are gonna have issues if something bad happened to her.

OK, off to watch episode 3!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:29 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

OOOOH, Ray! Suspicious sneaky sneakster! What do you suppose his "business" is?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:34 am 
Hip Goiter

I don't know is that Craig Robinson? Because I ADORE him! He is so good in everything! He seems so lovable but then he can be so terrifying!!
I bet the mean therapist ex made him return Flipper? I'd rather that of course than the worst case scenario but hopefully she found a nice home that doesn't put her in danger. We can hope. Although this show doesn't really do hope does it.

Can't believe Peggy's dad, omg. That was a shocker too. (That's what I call Ron Cephas Jones because his daughter is Peggy/Maria in Hamilton lolol.) And Little Streep finding the arcade! What was that bullet casing from? Who did they shoot in there?

I think Blondie's arc (forgetting her name!) is sooo interesting, working at E Corp and totally buying into the lifestyle and working so closely with these monsters. It's well done and shows how money can corrupt I think. Or at least make you forget.

My favorite thing so far is Joey Badass (BEST NAME) talking about Seinfeld all the time. I crack up when he starts a scene telling Elliot "And then he walks in and yells at everyone about blah blah blah" and I'm like what is he talking about...ooh right Seinfeld.

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:12 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

RandiJM wrote:
Peggy's dad
Little Streep
Blondie

You have created the best character names! "Little Streep" cracked me the hell up until I realized, oh shiitake, she is Little Streep and that's how I initially recognized her.

I'm not sure what they're doing with Blondie/Angela's character arc this season and it makes me uneasy. At first they were really setting her up to go full dark side- that scene where she gets super sexxed up to go to that restaurant and is clearly walking in with the expectation of forking the CEO only to find two other suits at the table- yuck yuck yuck, all I could think was "I really hate this person she's becoming." And the CEO so clearly knew she thought she was going to be forking him, too, and he just soaked in it. UGH. I really thought it would be set up so that it would be Childhood Friend v. Childhood Friend at the end, F.Society v. EvilCorp. But now she's having second thoughts and talking to the class action lawyer again, and I dunno. Get yourself sorted out, Angela!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:17 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Oh and I am also telling myself a story about Flipper. Initially I thought maybe she was in the care of Angela or Darlene but they're clearly too forked up to care for her, so now I believe she is in the therapist's care. I don't think (or don't want to think) Eliott would give her back to that douchebag.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:51 pm 
Hip Goiter

Lol thanks! We are just watching the new one now and I just went "Li- li- little on the Streep!" when she appeared like to the 'Billy on the Street' theme and husband thinks I'm nuts :)
I love your idea of therapist having Flipper! she thought she needed a man but a dog is so much better!!!! <3 dogs <3

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:12 pm 
Hip Goiter

HOLY shiitake ALIEN TYRELL WIFE IS PETRIFYING

blog/website
London bakery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:13 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

OMG!!!! Biggest twist of the season so far!!! But it explains so much.

What do you think he's in for? It can't be Tyrell's murder because Joanna filed for divorce against him, which she wouldn't need to do if he weren't still missing/presumed alive. It could have something to do with 5/9 but I think he hid his tracks too well. It might be as simple as breaking his parole with a dirty drug test. This explains a lot about why we don't see Flipper (was Maxine an illusion too, or maybe a guard dog at the prison?), and reinforces my theory that she's with the therapist!

I'm confused about Ray- he claims the Silk Road/Craigslist for Scumbags site was his wife's site that he kept going after her illness even though he didn't know what it was? How probable is that? And how does that fit into Eliot's illusion- can they run a site from prison somehow? How was Ray visiting his wife in hospital- is she perhaps a trans inmate being held in a men's facility? SO MANY QUESTIONS. Also, Joey Bada$$, holy shiitake did he ever earn his name this episode.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:22 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the actual fork is that real!!! Omg I am freaking out! Okay what on earth! How long has it been? What is he in for?! So Craig and everyone was in prison? Joey Badass is the baddest asparagus!!! I can't believe it I really can't. How... no I'm too confused. Where was he when he was beaten and held in the basement? just in the prison's infirmary? How the...what...did Gideon and Angela and Darlene all just visit him in prison? WHAT ON EARTH.

We just caught up on the last two eps, so this CRAZY asparagus BADASS ONE and also the one that started like Full House! That was insane!! So funny and creepy and great, I loved that. Just wow....

blog/website
London bakery