| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead season 3! (NO COMIC SPOILERS!)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:34 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I thought a lot happened! Or, at least, a lot of things that happened will (could) have big implications in the future. It's totally key that regular footsoldier-types from each side met each other and chilled out for a while and realized there's no reason to hate each other. I think the Governor's own people turning on him is going to be his downfall and that couldn't happen without stuff like those conversations taking place.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:17 pm 
Chip Strong

IsaChandra wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:
Quote:
Rick, you can be a real dumbpants sometimes.

Eh? He came away from the talks knowing the Governor was BSing him and would attack them no matter what.

Sort of. He was also seriously talking about giving up Michonne. So I don't know if that's lousy writing or lousy Rick.

But he ultimately decided not to. I think it's natural and human to seriously consider something like that when there is a chance it could save the lives of your children (who also happen to be the only family you have left in the whole world). The only crazy thing about it, really, is that he thought for a sec that it might actually save them.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:40 pm 
Nailed to the V

Fee wrote:
I turned it off 15 minutes in when I hadn't seen a zombie yet.

I saw this before I watched the episode and went ahead eating my salad, thinking no zombies- I can eat while watching! The zombies were 20 minutes in..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:25 pm 
Nailed to the V

I hope Carl kills the Governor. I hope Maggie's not pregnant.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:12 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i don't understand you people. i loved this episode. i'll love it forever. i want to throw it a party. i want to hug it until my arms ache. i want it to take me camping and talk to me quietly all night about very serious things while the last low flickering barely flames go out and out and out. i want to tell it i prefer menthols so it can call me a douchebag. [plays "dead man" soundtrack for three hours and swoons]

i can't believe that rick would ever actually give up michonne, but of course you consider it for a minute or two. of course you do. how could you help yourself? i think it's spot-on writing.

julialegume wrote:
I hope Maggie's not pregnant.

SERIOUSLY. how is nobody learning that lesson?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:50 pm 
Chip Strong

acr wrote:
julialegume wrote:

YES I had this thought too. Seriously, I think after seeing what happened to Lori I'd never want to hump again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:41 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

takecare wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:
beforewisdom wrote:
Eh? He came away from the talks knowing the Governor was BSing him and would attack them no matter what.

Sort of. He was also seriously talking about giving up Michonne. So I don't know if that's lousy writing or lousy Rick.

But he ultimately decided not to. I think it's natural and human to seriously consider something like that when there is a chance it could save the lives of your children (who also happen to be the only family you have left in the whole world). The only crazy thing about it, really, is that he thought for a sec that it might actually save them.

In that final scene with Hershel, Rick was still struggling far too much with the idea of handing over Michonne. When Hershel asks why Rick is telling him about the deal offered by the Governor — after keeping it from the rest of the group — he replies, "I was hoping you would talk me out of it." And that's where they left it.

I'm sure it isn't a serious option for Rick (or for the show), just a bit of dramatic tension to make the audience gasp, but it really shouldn't be something Rick would give serious consideration, let alone need to be talked out of doing. He should be absolutely clear at this point that the Governor can't be trusted at all and is determined to wipe them out them no matter what they do.

Not to mention that as soon as the Governor said, "I'm here for one reason only: to accept your surrender," Rick should have said, "Oh. Sucks to be you," and put a bullet in his head. I know that can't happen because it would be anticlimactic and you've got to have the big clash between those two forces, but that's the problem with the whole meeting scenario. It works as a dramatic device and it led to some very interesting character interaction, but it's quite far-fetched. Not only is buying the idea that the Governor can be trusted to negotiate in good faith not too bright, but it's just nuts to let him walk away from that meeting when you can be certain that he will very shortly put everyone's lives in dire jeopardy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Pyewacket wrote:

Not to mention that as soon as the Governor said, "I'm here for one reason only: to accept your surrender," Rick should have said, "Oh. Sucks to be you," and put a bullet in his head. I know that can't happen because it would be anticlimactic and you've got to have the big clash between those two forces, but that's the problem with the whole meeting scenario. It works as a dramatic device and it led to some very interesting character interaction, but it's quite far-fetched. Not only is buying the idea that the Governor can be trusted to negotiate in good faith not too bright, but it's just nuts to let him walk away from that meeting when you can be certain that he will very shortly put everyone's lives in dire jeopardy.

thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:24 am 

"I won't pick up a hitch hiker, but I'll let a murderous megalomaniac who wants to kill everyone I know walk right on outta here."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:00 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

takecare wrote:
acr wrote:
julialegume wrote:

YES I had this thought too. Seriously, I think after seeing what happened to Lori I'd never want to hump again.

Every time they get it on I yell "there are so many ways to have sex that don't result in babies!"

I'm guessing they don't have an unending stash of condoms. Maybe Maggie was prepared with an IUD? I tell ya, first sign of a zombie apocalypse I'm heading to the gyno...

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:18 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i don't think killing the governor would actually solve anything, though. right now he has a lot of people waiting for him to give them the green light, but if a member of a rival group took him out, i think they'd retaliate immediately. it might be a slightly less organized fight, but it would probably still be ugly. i don't see the town's militia shrugging it off or scattering, especially not when they know exactly where to find the enemy. something significant would have to happen in the interim.

that said, i had my first positive feelings for milton this week, and i think it would be sweet if we left this story arc with the governor gone and milton heading the town and turning the governor's house into some sort of history museum/tea room. but he'll probably be offed when he tries to poke around in the governor's eye pit for science.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:19 am 
Nailed to the V

acr wrote:
i don't think killing the governor would actually solve anything, though.

First: the governor. Then: everyone else. That's why this is WAR.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:21 pm 
Chip Strong

Yea, I think everyone in the Governor's town is pretty dependent on his leadership. If he were to die, the prison crew would have at LEAST a day or two to attack while the town was vulnerable and flailing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:25 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

acr wrote:
i don't understand you people. i loved this episode. i'll love it forever. i want to throw it a party. i want to hug it until my arms ache. i want it to take me camping and talk to me quietly all night about very serious things while the last low flickering barely flames go out and out and out. i want to tell it i prefer menthols so it can call me a douchebag. [plays "dead man" soundtrack for three hours and swoons]

i can't believe that rick would ever actually give up michonne, but of course you consider it for a minute or two. of course you do. how could you help yourself? i think it's spot-on writing.

Ditto.

Quote:
julialegume wrote:

Ditto.

In that world, the first thing I would grab out of zombie infested drug store would be condoms.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:29 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Pyewacket wrote:
In that final scene with Hershel, Rick was still struggling far too much with the idea of handing over Michonne. When Hershel asks why Rick is telling him about the deal offered by the Governor — after keeping it from the rest of the group — he replies, "I was hoping you would talk me out of it." And that's where they left it.

I think that scene could also have been interpreted as Rick wanted to be talked into having his group run away from the prison instead of staying and fighting.

Quote:
Not to mention that as soon as the Governor said, "I'm here for one reason only: to accept your surrender," Rick should have said, "Oh. Sucks to be you," and put a bullet in his head.

Exactly. There was even a small gap in time when the governor's mean were not there, but he was alone with Rick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:34 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

acr wrote:
i don't think killing the governor would actually solve anything, though. right now he has a lot of people waiting for him to give them the green light, but if a member of a rival group took him out, i think they'd retaliate immediately. it might be a slightly less organized fight, but it would probably still be ugly. i don't see the town's militia shrugging it off or scattering, especially not when they know exactly where to find the enemy. something significant would have to happen in the interim.

Killing the Governor might solve the conflict, but it might not. Back in reality, during wars, invading forces often try to leave some of the command structure staff intact so somebody can give the order to stop shooting them. Otherwise, instead of a victory you might have a guerrilla war with more than one leftover group.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:50 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

takecare wrote:
acr wrote:
julialegume wrote:

but lori knew her body couldn't have a natural birth. maggie doesn't know if she would need a c-section. it could be fine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:18 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

well, fine except that you have to be pregnant and then carry around a baby while zombies and rival gangs try to murder you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:39 pm 
Chip Strong

Yea, I actually can't believe they haven't had scenes where Judith's crying attracted walkers when the prison was vulnerable. Real babies are not that quiet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:37 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I think they don't care about birth control because they genuinely feel they're going to rebuild the world somehow. It kills me the way they're always talking about recording things for posterity and all that. If I were in that situation I would assume all humans would be dead within 5 years.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:57 pm 
Nailed to the V

I just don't want to have to see the 'new baby again' plot.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:38 pm 

julialegume wrote:
I just don't want to have to see the 'new baby again' plot.

Yes, if you don't care about yourselves, think of us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:09 pm 

Aaaand now I feel bad for Andrea. And Tyrese is the new Andrea. And I'm worried about Milton! And Rick sees fake Loris but not real Governors.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:33 pm 

OMG all Walking Dead PPKers have turned into zombies? Where are you guys???

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:29 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Aaaack! I didn't think an episode withonly andrea and the gov could be good, but ack! So tense. Milton is such a b ad liar! Once andrea pointed the gun at him in the beginning I sorta instantly liked her again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next