| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead season 3! (NO COMIC SPOILERS!)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:55 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

RIP Andrea. You were too stupid to live, but I liked you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:54 am 
Not NOT A Furry

IsaChandra wrote:
I like that the whole town turned good and then got killed. As if to say "MUMBLES WAS RIGHT."

shiitake, I won't lie, there were some serious waterworks in my livingroom pretty much through the whole thing. FUHUCK.

Kinda' bummed the governor got away. Really happy that Tyrese and I forgot her name are still around. REALLY happy that neither Glenn or Maggie died. Kinda' bummed that I was on Karl's side for killing that kid. I mean, he was pointing the gun, not exactly handing it over. And they said to drop it not hand it over. Really happy with the exchange between Carol and Darryl, about Merle. Bummed that their names rhyme. I was so relieved when it ended and all the old people were there and no one else died. It ended on a hopeful note, as forked up as everything was.

Yay, Tyreese and Sasha! I was sure Tyreese would survive and join Team Prison, but I was afraid Sasha wouldn't make it. Don't kill off Sasha! She's too pretty to die!

About the old people: Everyone is aware that when a person dies, they turn, but they don't seem to be taking any precautions. I mean, sweet old Grampa Joe dies peacefully in his sleep one night and the next thing you know he's chomping on somebody's face. It's not like the precautions would have to be very elaborate. All you need is something like a little tollgate type of mechanism on the doorways. Something a person can lift up to pass through without a problem, but it would stop a walker in its tracks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm pretty ragey about the Governor still being alive. It is completely unrealistic that those two dudes would have been like, "hey, cool, you killed everyone we know, let's hop in the truck and get the hell out of here!" No. That dude in the back of the truck should play it cool and then shoot him in the back of the head through the window. If that doesn't happen at the beginning of next season I will write a strongly worded letter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:37 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

molly wrote:
I'm pretty ragey about the Governor still being alive. It is completely unrealistic that those two dudes would have been like, "hey, cool, you killed everyone we know, let's hop in the truck and get the hell out of here!" No. That dude in the back of the truck should play it cool and then shoot him in the back of the head through the window. If that doesn't happen at the beginning of next season I will write a strongly worded letter.

Yes! Surely they don't think they're so special so as to be saved by the Gov?

And thanks, PPK, every time the governor was on screen all I could picture was that musical number, so I giggled throughout the episode.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:20 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

IsaChandra wrote:
I like that the whole town turned good and then got killed. As if to say "MUMBLES WAS RIGHT."

shiitake, I won't lie, there were some serious waterworks in my livingroom pretty much through the whole thing. FUHUCK.

Kinda' bummed the governor got away. Really happy that Tyrese and I forgot her name are still around. REALLY happy that neither Glenn or Maggie died. Kinda' bummed that I was on Karl's side for killing that kid. I mean, he was pointing the gun, not exactly handing it over. And they said to drop it not hand it over. Really happy with the exchange between Carol and Darryl, about Merle. Bummed that their names rhyme. I was so relieved when it ended and all the old people were there and no one else died. It ended on a hopeful note, as forked up as everything was.

Regarding Carl killing that kid. I had the same thoughts, and I still think the kid would've tried something if Carl had not, um, eliminated the problem as he did. I read the scene while it was happening as The Kid sort of stealthily slinking in to take Carl's gun or something; he for sure was not surrendering his weapon in my opinion. And now because its apparently a point of controversy, I kinda wonder if I'm all f'd up... (Am I potential Governor material?)

I like the direction the storytelling is heading with Carl and Rick though. Rick kinda gets his marbles back and now his kid is messed up, or at the very least has developed a much different outlook depending on how you look at it. We've seen the whole "moral compass in a zombie apocalypse" issue addressed with the Rick/Dale/the group v Shane and v the Governor, but now we have Carl... Guess that could happen when big life events in your formative years include shooting your mom so she doesn't chomp your face off later.

And I'm glad Merle got some props. At first I thought they were going to brush over it and that felt cheap to me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:08 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

With Carl - it was clear to me that the kid was not complying with his request to drop the rifle, and I felt that Carl was maybe justified in shooting in self-defense.

I think the kid just didn't trust Carl to honor the deal - "drop the gun and I won't shoot you." If I didn't think that the request would be honored, I might not drop the gun, too. Someone more mature might have recognized that hesitancy for what it was and taken steps to make sure the message was clearer...by talking and assessing a little bit more before shooting, which Carl didn't do.

I think if Carl were in the kids' place, he would show similar hesitancy in dropping the gun. Look at Darryl when the group went to Woodbury to find Andrea. Rick dropped his gun and then came out from behind the barricade to talk, while Darryl hung onto both his rifle and his crossbow while coming out with his hands up. If Carl had been a Woodburian on patrol, he would have Darryl.

I think the Governor is out there collecting a small militia and he'll be back. I think the writers should have just killed his character, because he'll just be a plot twist for the writers to fall back on. I'm looking forward to seeing the development of the Tyreese and Sasha characters. Also, I think that Michonne will become much more talkative, which hopefully will be enjoyable.

I was really hoping for the tea to come back...I thought Milton would be serving up a cup of very special tea to the Governor, alas no.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:42 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Good point on the maturity aspect of Carl's actions and how he could 've handled. I think the fact that he didn't talk and assess was very Shane-esque. I still take exception to Herschel's categorization that Carl gunned down the kid in cold blood though.

I thought for sure the Governor was dead too this season, but I kind of liked the fact that they surprised me. I think I'd complain if every season was tied up in a neat bow at the end.

I totally agree with you on Tyrese and Sasha; they'll bring a good element to the group. And Michonne is so bad asparagus, I'm glad she's still with the group (not that I doubted she wouldn't be, but I'd be pissed if she didn't become a bigger part of the show). Especially now - the relationship between her and Carl will be interesting to watch.

And the tea! I so thought there was something with that tea! Guess not...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:18 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I really felt the Rick and Michonne love that ep, too! He was totally in luuuuurve!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:31 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I watched some of the earlier episodes from this season as part of the AMC zombie apocalypse marathon, and I was reminded of how much I *don't* miss Lori.

I was also reminded that the Governor was way crazy before Michonne killed his daughter and gouged his eye out. He had those undead heads in aquariums and he totally ambushed and massacred the National Guard guys just to get their equipment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:30 pm 
rowdily playing checkers

I think they just Sylared the Governor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:09 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

rick needs a hair cut. he better not come back next season all shaggy-haired. enough of the shag!

i loved Carl's point to Rick when defending himself for killing the young man, saying that Rick never killed the Governor when they were meeting-- a lot of stuff that was difficult, as a viewer, to watch: "can't you see the governor has a gun taped underneath the meeting table, rick?! geeze!" carl seems to be the lone man out in accepting the groups newfound/re-found humanity. and maybe that'll keep him living longer. who's to say.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:28 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Team Carl, shut up, Herschel. No more comments from the ivory tower of hindsight and never having to make hard choices because you're old and missing a limb and just have to hang out with the children during the fights. And I don't know about their hiding spot. Ricks kids are obviously the biggest bargaining chip on the table, shouldn't they be driving far, far away and locking themselves in cars until everything is over?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:54 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I kept yelling at Andrea every time she paused to talk to Milton or justify herself, "if you get eaten because you're talking you deserve it!" God. Finally!

And JFC to no one taking the god damned Governor out. That was ridiculous.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

An acquaintance posted big spoilers on Facebook about Andrea and Milton dying IMMEDIATELY after the episode aired. I commented "jeez, spoiler alert" and someone else jumped in and it turned into an all-out Facebook war over whether it's okay to post spoilers. Their argument is that you shouldn't be on the Internet if you don't want to read spoilers, while I feel that people should be considerate enough to not post spoilers for a brand new episode of something. A 20 year old episode of Star Trek spoilers? Sure! The Walking Dead five seconds after it airs, probably not. One of the dudes called me "stupid" for disagreeing (so I called him stupid back, but he started it!)

I'm in the right here, RIGHT? Or is the world just super inconsiderate and I should get used to it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:26 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

spoilers shouldn't be posted in a place where you're not expecting them to be/have no control over whose content you see. (i.e. it should not pop up on your facebook wall.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:07 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Do I just hate Carl so much that I refuse to see he was doing good? I thought the kid was scared and handing over his gun and Carl was just happy to shoot someone...he had a sort of euphoric look, not the look of someone who just killed someone point blank. Yes, I get that it's a different world, but only the psychopaths look gleeful after killing humans in the show. His annoyance at the old people only cemented my opinion that he's a dick.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:18 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

creep wrote:
An acquaintance posted big spoilers on Facebook about Andrea and Milton dying IMMEDIATELY after the episode aired. I commented "jeez, spoiler alert" and someone else jumped in and it turned into an all-out Facebook war over whether it's okay to post spoilers. Their argument is that you shouldn't be on the Internet if you don't want to read spoilers, while I feel that people should be considerate enough to not post spoilers for a brand new episode of something. A 20 year old episode of Star Trek spoilers? Sure! The Walking Dead five seconds after it airs, probably not. One of the dudes called me "stupid" for disagreeing (so I called him stupid back, but he started it!)

I'm in the right here, RIGHT? Or is the world just super inconsiderate and I should get used to it?

Both. You were right (I'd be pretty pissed) but the world is full of dicks too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:20 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

bekki wrote:
Do I just hate Carl so much that I refuse to see he was doing good? I thought the kid was scared and handing over his gun and Carl was just happy to shoot someone...he had a sort of euphoric look, not the look of someone who just killed someone point blank. Yes, I get that it's a different world, but only the psychopaths look gleeful after killing humans in the show. His annoyance at the old people only cemented my opinion that he's a dick.

Yeah, I still say he was in the right but I will concede I think he slept better that night than maybe he should have...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:59 am 

emmalv wrote:
creep wrote:

Both. You were right (I'd be pretty pissed) but the world is full of dicks too.

Yep. They were wrong but you are also stupid for being on the internet because it ALWAYS happens. I avoid all social media (cept PPK) until I've seen the episode. I learned that the hard way from a PPKer that won't be named who posted the American Idol season 8 winner right on my wall. (fine, it was KITTEE. haha.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:08 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Pyewacket wrote:
Milton! [drops to knees; shakes fists at ceiling] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So cool how he went out, though.

This.

Quote:
"When you get free, you are going to find something very sharp and you are going to stab me in the head. That is what you are going to do." Ooooh, and when he croaked "You need to hurry" ... [shivers]. That delivery!

He should have said "dumbpants, why are you wasting your time talking to me when you need to work on getting free of those handcuffs?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:10 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

ashley wrote:
RIP Andrea. You were too stupid to live, but I liked you.

This.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:13 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

chouettes crêpes wrote:
rick needs a hair cut.

If Andrea can get manicured toenails during a zombie apochalypse, Rick & Daryl can find a pair of scissors for haircuts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:17 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I watch TWD Monday evenings.

I stay OFF of Facebook and OUT of theppk until Tuesday.

I have no problem doing either of those, but I read Google's news service and several "papers" publish headlines about TWD on Monday morning!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:56 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I thought it was interesting that Andrea was telling Milton, just before that "stab me in the head" line, that she was going to get loose and rescue him, and he'd be okay. Milton, in extremis, had lost all his illusions, but Andrea was still clinging to hers, thinking that she could fix everything when that was simply not a possibility. The same way she kept trying to fix the Woodbury v. Prison situation long after it should have been clear that there was no way that was going to happen.

Here's the S3 finale cast pic:

Much better in high resolution.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:03 pm 

EEKS LOOK OUT SASHA AND CAROL, THE GOVERNOR IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next